Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:52:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A little venting  (Read 2247 times)
TheDoc (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 03:23:06 AM

This honestly wouldn't be an issue if my PC hadn't fried, but I've been trying to generate Bitcoin since March and haven't gotten a single on. I understand that it's supposed to be GUI mining, and my old PC would have done just fun but FRAK! Nothing. Not a single bloody thing. Why does it have to be so difficult for people with PCs like mine to generate Bitcoin? Is there a better way? Ugh. It's like I leave it running day in day out (haven't shut it off since 31 March - my birthday), and NOTHING. I thought this would be a good way to get back some of the things my parents sold, but apparently not. I'd buy these things with cash, but I have no money, so I can't. Is there anyone needs a writer, and is willing to pay in Bitcoin? I mean I'll do ANYTHING at this point to get a couple. Thanks for letting me rant. I appreciate it.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zhalox

Activity: 176
Merit: 106

XMR = BTC in 2010. Rise chikun.

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 03:24:54 AM

Post your address and I'll send 0.25 to you Smiley

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 03:26:44 AM

If you're mining on your own (not part of a pool) then you'll never generate one coin... you'll either get nothing or you'll get REALLY lucky and get 50 coins all at once. If you're just using a CPU to mine, it'll take years to get that 50 coin block, if ever, honestly.
zhalox

Activity: 176
Merit: 106

XMR = BTC in 2010. Rise chikun.

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 03:29:07 AM

Selling bitcoin domains is genius, why hadn't I thought of that?

TheDoc (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 04:04:50 AM

Post your address and I'll send 0.25 to you Smiley

Seriously? Wow, thank you!

The other things, I'm pool mining but stuck using CPU. And how would I sell a bitcoin domain? Wouldn't I need a domain first for that? Also, once again: I'm serious about working for my coin. I like to give back when I get things, it's just how I was brought up. So if anyone (Zhalox especially) needs some writing or information on well damn near anything, or needs someone to do dirty (internet) work or something, you know. I'll do it. 

E: Hit send too soon. Addy is: 1F3J4eY1CuQBveDBjiXmjibiq6tNS9CsW2
interfect

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 04:43:49 AM

Try looking around for bounties to do. There seem to be a few around.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 05:04:50 AM

TheDoc:  I also sent you .25, enjoy!  Don't be discouraged and please do continue to work for Bitcoins - a better economy for all =)
Litt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 05:06:55 AM

send me some 13fh8b5exiiDWHnBVyuhdkkDAq6NXG5eZD  Grin
MacFall

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Agorist

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 05:20:34 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2011, 05:38:21 AM by MacFall

Monetize your skills and interests. Make a website as your storefront. Put a nice graphic to attract people willing to pay in BTC; something like I did on my page. Feel free to use my code/graphic.

EDIT: I didn't actually make the bitcoin graphic I used; I just resized it and added the text to the image. The original was posted by the OP in this thread; credit goes to him.

No king but Christ; no law but Liberty!

Fledge Press: Pro-Liberty Fiction and Art
1JBmYmG2U5ETj8BXZUBCXDKWCQcFoERBNP
TheDoc (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 05:22:14 AM

TheDoc:  I also sent you .25, enjoy!  Don't be discouraged and please do continue to work for Bitcoins - a better economy for all =)

Thank you guys so much for your generosity, and for letting me vent a little bit! I really do appreciate it, and I'm looking. Always looking. =D I would rather this whole thing be a success, so of course I'll do my part. I wish I had joined this forum sooner, you guys seem a lot nicer than everywhere else on the internet.

MacFall: Do you think people would be interested in paying like .10 or so for a novella? That's my skill is writing.
MacFall

Agorist

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 05:33:31 AM

TheDoc:  I also sent you .25, enjoy!  Don't be discouraged and please do continue to work for Bitcoins - a better economy for all =)

Thank you guys so much for your generosity, and for letting me vent a little bit! I really do appreciate it, and I'm looking. Always looking. =D I would rather this whole thing be a success, so of course I'll do my part. I wish I had joined this forum sooner, you guys seem a lot nicer than everywhere else on the internet.

MacFall: Do you think people would be interested in paying like .10 or so for a novella? That's my skill is writing.

Maybe. Depends on how good it is. Something to keep in mind: the highest price that someone will pay is not the best price. The best price is the one that the most people will pay. If your novel kicks ass, then you might get 20,000 people willing to pay .10 BTC for it and make out like a bandit. If it doesn't, then you might get 200 people willing to pay .10 BTC - but 1000 willing to pay .05. If you want, I can read it and give you my appraisal (the market may not reflect my opinion, but for what it's worth...)

Or hell, you could even publish it (or a part of it, for advertising purposes) on Fledge Press if it meets our guidelines and you want to do that. I'm publishing my own serial novels and those of a friend, and I plan to sell them in electronic form for about $5/BTC equivalent and on paper for maybe twice that as I finish them. But I'm not rigidly fixed on a price.

Ian Maxwell

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 06:17:39 AM

TheDoc: Complaining that Bitcoin mining is too hard without a GPU is like complaining that plowing roads is too hard without a truck. It just means you're not equipped for that job and you should do a different one instead. Writing a novella is one idea. Basically, you should get bitcoins the same way you would get dollars: by exchanging something for them (or stealing them, but that method is less popular for some reason).

Ian Maxwell
PGP key | WoT rating
Maxxx

Activity: 70
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 06:26:59 AM

If you aren't going big then you won't survive. Your heart needs to be hungry, to make some money Smiley

Also, don't think of it just in terms of profits. Bitcoin will change the world.

Time is money. This means that if you have spare time, you can use it to make money.

Modular, open, and stack-able miner case.
TheDoc (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 07:10:54 AM

It's not letting me upload my novella. Is there someway for me to email it to you?
darbsllim

Activity: 297
Merit: 251

Founder, Filmmaker, Fun Guy

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 07:57:07 AM

This honestly wouldn't be an issue if my PC hadn't fried, but I've been trying to generate Bitcoin since March and haven't gotten a single on. I understand that it's supposed to be GUI mining, and my old PC would have done just fun but FRAK! Nothing. Not a single bloody thing. Why does it have to be so difficult for people with PCs like mine to generate Bitcoin? Is there a better way? Ugh. It's like I leave it running day in day out (haven't shut it off since 31 March - my birthday), and NOTHING. I thought this would be a good way to get back some of the things my parents sold, but apparently not. I'd buy these things with cash, but I have no money, so I can't. Is there anyone needs a writer, and is willing to pay in Bitcoin? I mean I'll do ANYTHING at this point to get a couple. Thanks for letting me rant. I appreciate it.

www.forbitcoin.com

put up a job saying that you'll include a banner/link to forbitcoin.com in your signtaure, and I'll buy it =)

Brad Mills,
Investor - Former miner - Former Bitcoin Business Owner - Survivor of the Great Bitcoin Crashes of 2011 and 2012, the MtGox Heist of 2014 & the 2017 crypto bubble.
Bitrated user: bradmillscan.
TheDoc (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 08:35:16 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2011, 10:11:28 AM by TheDoc

www.forbitcoin.com

put up a job saying that you'll include a banner/link to forbitcoin.com in your signtaure, and I'll buy it =)

Sure! I'll also advertise the site in my Facebook, in the "About Me" section.

Edit: Gig is posted. Also: I should mention that I'm MiniKirk on forbitcoin.com
daedeloth

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 12:04:13 PM

Well, as long as we're giving free bitcoins out: I have none either, still waiting for that CPU mining jackpot Wink
Address: 1ECsdwdaFfDnzpPEoHDf2HeACpAPGfSmaU
MacFall

Agorist

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 12:46:53 PM

It's not letting me upload my novella. Is there someway for me to email it to you?

PM'd

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: