Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:21:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ToominCoin aka "Bitcoin_Classic" #R3KT  (Read 157066 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 08:56:21 AM

What? It's only controversial if Core Bitcoin rejects it? Does that include all "reasonable" changes, like doubling the money supply, or all money in the system becomes property of Wladimir Van der Laan? Franky, you've lost your mind completely.

The "blockstreamers" are the creators of the controversy? You must be fucking joking. We keep telling you to leave this place and come up with your own cryptocurrency that subscribes to all your *ahem* ideas, and WE'RE STILL WAITING FOR YOU TO LEAVE POLITELY. You've been told multiple times already, and yet still exhibit the same trollish disruption you always have. POS.

Vires in numeris

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 09:50:42 AM

jeebus the forkensteins are relentless.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 12:29:46 PM

Franky's typical factual statement:

Quote from: Franky1
2+2=4
true=true
etc=etc

ergo, I Franky assert that Core is the fake/illegal version of Bitcoin. Can't tell you which version is the real one though...

You're trying to spin reality out of all coherence, and it's stupefying. You're a lying manipulative little rat and you have no place amongst the other members of this forum

Vires in numeris
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 12:38:28 PM

carlton. when you cant come out with a factual reply. you use insults.
when you reply to people who truly love bitcoin and hate blockstreams altcoin plans.. you insult more
when people laugh at your insults you begin to sulk and tell people to leave bitcoin.

how about you go play with your altcoins and realize it is actually you that hates bitcoin..
i think its becoming apparent you need to stop being swayed by blockstream and start thinking beyond the blockstream agenda.

i do hope you enjoy playing with your sidechain coins your hoping to get, because its truly obvious that altcoins are what you want

The only promoter of all the above behaviour is you Franky, you want a different design for Bitcoin, not me.

You use entire posts to insult your whole list of detractors at bitcointalk, not me.

You sulk like a child when the poor strategy behind your statements backfire on you, not me.

You make up countless bizarre claims about technology, all to promote a hard-forking regime change agenda to a dearth of followers. Please get out of here, this has got to be the millionth time now. You've gotta understand by now exactly how unwelcome you are? Why would you stay? When no-one likes you?

Vires in numeris
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 12:49:48 PM

I'm sorry everybody, but Franky has completely jumped the shark in the reality distortion stakes. Bitcoin Core instigated the blocksize controversy? WTF?

Vires in numeris
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 01:11:53 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2016, 01:37:08 PM by hdbuck

I'm sorry everybody, but Franky has completely jumped the shark in the reality distortion stakes. Bitcoin Core instigated the blocksize controversy? WTF?

heh, everybody with half a brain around can witness the shit talking of franky et al. incorporated statists.

But the insults can be relieving so carry on as much as you like, this is just a forum after all, need to keep it alive, for posterity!

PS: to y'all forking bitches: FUCK YOU.
as predicted for the last couple of years in this thread and in many more: you lose, loosers, but thx for allowing bitcoin to grow even stronger in response to your shitty social victimizing tactics.
btcusury

Activity: 433
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 01:28:41 PM

I can't believe I'm the only one seeing this:

This user is currently ignored.

FACT: There were hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths by December 2020 due to the censorship of all effective treatments (most notably ivermectin) in order to obtain EUA for experimental GT spike protein injections despite spike bioweaponization patents going back about a decade, and the manufacturers have 100% legal immunity despite long criminal histories.
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 01:35:45 PM

hmyea nah, im seing this too, and for many others... such technology, great sensor ship!

but its carlton and lauda that keeps quoting them wackos..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 01:56:32 PM

Probably, bitcoin becomes much stronger after having had identified these falsehoods and pointing them out and then also being on guard against future simlarly-situated baloney ruses
I've said this in a few threads that claimed that the 'war is over' since Classic is pretty much gone, this is not the end and this will not stop. Your next controversial HF might be just around the corner.

Sure, it is like we cannot rest assured about anything for certain to put this XT/Classic matter or other contentious fork matter to rest, and so likely we will always have to remain vigilant to point out the bullshit... because there are a lot of vested interests out there who also may persuade and mislead.. when they are inclined towards undermining bitcoin.

So, in that regard, maybe a lot of us have learned from this experience that persons who appear to be credible and making genuine claims to make proposed technical changes for the "good of bitcoin" are in fact making proposals that will undermine bitcoin in various ways.... getting down to the governance issue and surely a controversial hardfork is one of those categories that was framed as benevolent... with considerable downsides that were framed as upsides... using terms, such as efficiency, growth, make money to draw in mass adoption, etc... but these were not really true assertions even when some folks may have jumped on the XT/classic train and genuinely believed it.

Also, yeah, there are going to continue to be new people in this space, who evolve to become "people of importance" in the bitcoin space, even though today they do not even know about bitcoin, and one way that these new influential bitcoin people do not undermine bitcoin is when longer time bitcoin activists/stakeholders remain aware, vigilant and involved and to do some of the hard work of paying attention to overall vision matters and to details to recognize especially when some folks seems to be asserting to make changes to bitcoin just for the sake of change by showing some of the alt coins as example.. or trying to convince that bitcoin is broken without really showing evidence or logic..

So i guess my long winded response is merely agreeing with you regarding the hardfork issue not going away.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 09:32:53 PM

Cool it chaps. Life's too short for this level of animosity, we got this.

I like the new, slightly wealthier Marcus.

Classic chaps need to relax, watch and learn.

Scratching bitcoins eyes out to save bitcoin wasn't working. Buy back in, sit down in the back of the bus and stfu for once.

Let's just hope some sort of cap increase is pushed out soon, so I won't have to meet Cranky Marcus ever again.

lol, I think what you mean is "please do it again, preferably harder", because that's what you anti-Bitcoin coup advocates are always asking in essence. Color me concerned when the "campaign" has any more substance than a bunch of postings from internet trolls

I guess segwit isn't a capacity increase anymore. Oh well, it's nowhere to be seen anyways. I heard it's "released", but it must be as an audiobook or something. Maybe I'll get to see the movie before it's running on the network. I'm guessing chick flick or thriller. I'm not too excited by either.

Btw. Marcus aside, I don't think it's possible for you lot to pout any harder. You have victory in your grasp and you whine, quarrel and bitch it away. Quite impressive.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 09:44:16 PM

hmyea nah, im seing this too, and for many others... such technology, great sensor ship!

I see that as well.  franky's nonsense cannot penetrate the hull of my stoutly built sensor ship!   Grin

Gmax is a saint for suffering through franky1 posts and responding in good faith, with such an indomitable hope of someday bringing light to the benighted Gavinistas.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 10:56:35 PM

I see that as well.  franky's nonsense cannot penetrate the hull of my stoutly built sensor ship!   Grin

Gmax is a saint for suffering through franky1 posts and responding in good faith, with such an indomitable hope of someday bringing light to the benighted Gavinistas.

Oh, I'm not seeing that.
I see Gmax hiding here, under cover of your stoutly hull, unable to answer (or better offer info) beyond your agenda.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 07:59:55 AM

Actually, I have him on ignore and have had him on that list for quote some time. There was a time where I was willing to listen and was willing to properly discuss things, but it got out of hand. Once he went beyond being rational it was no stopping him (he "knows" it all and we are all wrong!). This ended up with a wave of constant ad hominem. How classy. I sometimes reply if someone else quotes him.

Sure, it is like we cannot rest assured about anything for certain to put this XT/Classic matter or other contentious fork matter to rest, and so likely we will always have to remain vigilant to point out the bullshit...
-snip-
So i guess my long winded response is merely agreeing with you regarding the hardfork issue not going away.
Exactly. Just imagine if there are no people pointing out the 'bullshit' and 'we let' one HF succeed? Where would this end then? In that case, Bitcoin should be not resistant to change.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 11:16:42 AM

Franky, you dedicate entire posts to insults and tortured logic for the sake of trolling. No-one will talk to you for that reason. Not because your claims have any merit, they don't. You're easily the most disturbing troll on the internet: fact and insult.

I await your defamation lawsuit: you're a manipulative asshole and that's a stone cold fact

Vires in numeris
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 01:14:35 PM

I gave up and put him on ignore too, eventually. It was doing nothing but looping and nonsense. For at least a little while I thought the peanut gallery or at least I would learn something... but eventually even I started to get bored. Sad

Back on topic,

I posted a bit of a Classic take down on /r/btc: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/4mb6f8/classics_developers_are_almost_completely/d3u3on3  but it seems now that the thread has been hidden.  Nothing new to people here, but I thought it was an okay post.
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 01:50:36 PM

Context -  
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4l564f/bitcoin_core_nonirc_meeting_summary_for_20160520/d3kr1rj

If BITMAIN decides to block or delay segwit because only some of core developers agree with Luke's HF proposal than there will be a revolt against Bitmain and possibly any miners that support this unreasonable position.  

Quote from: Jihan_Bitmain
Antpool and other mining pools had made the position clear as water since in the Hong Kong meeting, that SegWit+HF coming as package. If you just realized right now, that the communication problem inside Core, you cannot blame anyone else.

The developers participating within the Hong Kong meeting made it abundantly clear that they cannot speak for other developers or the community at large and to insinuate that this represents a "communication problem inside Core" when it is an intrinsic aspect of how decisions are made independently between all members in our community is reflecting either a deep misunderstanding or disingenuous manipulation.

We do not have to be for or against a HF either to understand that blocking the progress developed with the much needed segwit is unreasonable. We can revisit Luke's HF(and other devs?) proposal later this year and judge its merits based upon other optimizations and testing.  
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 01:58:07 PM

The developers participating within the Hong Kong meeting made it abundantly clear that they cannot speak for other developers or the community at large and to insinuate that this represents a "communication problem inside Core" when it is an intrinsic aspect of how decisions are made independently between all members in our community is reflecting either a deep misunderstanding or disingenuous manipulation.

Luke signed the round table as Luke JR - bitcoin core developer....             not Luke JR independent developer specializing in bitcoin

thus he had the core/blockstream hat on that day.. rather then just any old hat

also another translation
We do not have to be for or against segwit either to understand that blocking the progress of other proposals is unreasonable.
We can revisit blockstreams proposal later this year and judge its merits based upon other optimizations and testing. no need to force it through

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 02:15:02 PM

If BITMAIN decides to block or delay segwit
I don't expect that to happen, I think they're honestly concerned though for reasons that might have been misguided. E.g. I found out that Classic developers have been telling people that SW will only bring at most 1.2MB worth of capacity.  And other people have been saying that it would take years for wallets to begin making SW transactions. If I were in their shoes and believed those things, I might be trying for other options too.

Check out this discussion about HK: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/4ma3gh/whats_the_current_status_of_cores_2mb_hf/d3u772x?context=8

I think it's likely miners have just been under a lot of strange pressure-- keep in mind the XT support letter that included all those big corp exchanges (and classic's support campaign that had a few not actual supporters on it), and are just trying to do the best for Bitcoin from their position.  Time and better communication can improve a lot of things.

As an aside, the totally offtopic posts that have nothing at all to do with classic, even in passing are getting pretty irritating. I've started reporting them to mods.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 02:35:43 PM

@gmaxwell why do you refuse to allow the network to hash toward the activation of a 2MB HF?
do you feel its right for you as a dev to circumvent nakamoto censuses by refusing to implement the nessary code?
dont you think that if there truly is major concern with a 2MB HF activation a year from now, miners simply wont gain 75%?
do you have no faith in the miners judgment??

BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 02:42:00 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2016, 02:57:36 PM by BitUsher

If BITMAIN decides to block or delay segwit
I don't expect that to happen, I think they're honestly concerned though for reasons that might have been misguided. E.g. I found out that Classic developers have been telling people that SW will only bring at most 1.2MB worth of capacity.  And other people have been saying that it would take years for wallets to begin making SW transactions. If I were in their shoes and believed those things, I might be trying for other options too.

Check out this discussion about HK: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/4ma3gh/whats_the_current_status_of_cores_2mb_hf/d3u772x?context=8

I think it's likely miners have just been under a lot of strange pressure-- keep in mind the XT support letter that included all those big corp exchanges (and classic's support campaign that had a few not actual supporters on it), and are just trying to do the best for Bitcoin from their position.  Time and better communication can improve a lot of things.

As an aside, the totally offtopic posts that have nothing at all to do with classic, even in passing are getting pretty irritating. I've started reporting them to mods.

I agree, and to bring this back on topic it is important for political coup like classic understand that they cannot lie and manipulate miners in order to scale bitcoin according to their agenda. We all must work together and any changes must be supported by well reasoned evidence and testing and not vague fear-mongering and economic political theory. There are many of us, including myself, who have no problem dusting off our GPU's and switching algos if the miners decide to betray our community. It is important we signal this, especially since some classic supporters are using deceptive tactics for political means.  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: