Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:15:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ToominCoin aka "Bitcoin_Classic" #R3KT  (Read 157058 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 04:57:17 AM

*Classic REKT intensifies*

https://twitter.com/alfiedotwtf/status/726301918012694528

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Let's make a list of martyrs to the hopeless cause of Classic, with hilarious personal sobriquets indicative of their particular foibles.

-Gavin "20MB is fine OH WAIT" Andresen
-Mike "Whiny Ragequit" Hearn
-Roger "Bitcoin Judas" Ver
-Cypher "Frappuccino" Doc
-Brian "I Bet Classic Wins" Armstrong
-Wences "Trust Xapo" Casares
-Justin "Unlimited Bikeshedding" Ranvier
-Toomim "Not Much Testing Needed" Bros

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 06:48:04 AM

*Classic REKT intensifies*

https://twitter.com/alfiedotwtf/status/726301918012694528

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Let's make a list of martyrs to the hopeless cause of Classic, with hilarious personal sobriquets indicative of their particular foibles.

-Gavin "20MB is fine OH WAIT" Andresen
-Mike "Whiny Ragequit" Hearn
-Roger "Bitcoin Judas" Ver
-Cypher "Frappuccino" Doc
-Brian "I Bet Classic Wins" Armstrong
-Wences "Trust Xapo" Casares
-Justin "Unlimited Bikeshedding" Ranvier
-Toomim "Not Much Testing Needed" Bros
you can add Craig Wright, seen here simply proving big blocks == #R3KT

gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 08:00:20 AM

A number of big classic promoters were also big Wright-fighters.

I find myself wondering which way the causal arrow goes? Did Wright, as part of his general deception, convince some of these folks that he created Bitcoin and then spun them up on blocksize because it was his own poorly informed view of the future... or did Wright see their block-size mania as a juicy cognitive vulnerability and exploit it to gain their trust? Maybe a bit of both in a mutually amplifying cycle?

In any case, a strong relationship there would do a lot to explain a number of rather perplexing things-- including the absolute, yet wildly unjustified, confidence in the XT and Classic's forks when they lacked so much, including a productive and experienced set of people supporting them. As extreme as that confidence was in public, what I've seen in  in private is magnitudes worse. "No worries, the Creator will come and save the day."

The constant leaking "satoshi's vision" from that camp might also be connected here.

I'm interested in getting further data points on exactly how this scam was spreading in the Bitcoin space. I have some dates and some people, but a lot I don't know.

But perhaps I'm just being hopeful, -- since if this is true, the worst of this drama may be finally over.
orpington

Activity: 784
Merit: 512

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 08:17:10 AM

I find myself wondering which way the causal arrow goes? Did Wright, as part of his general deception, convince some of these folks that he created Bitcoin and then spun them up on blocksize because it was his own poorly informed view of the future... or did Wright see their block-size mania as a juicy cognitive vulnerability and exploit it to gain their trust? Maybe a bit of both in a mutually amplifying cycle?

In any case, a strong relationship there would do a lot to explain a number of rather perplexing things-- including the absolute, yet wildly unjustified, confidence in the XT and Classic's forks when they lacked so much, including a productive and experienced set of people supporting them. As extreme as that confidence was in public, what I've seen in  in private is magnitudes worse. "No worries, the Creator will come and save the day."

The constant leaking "satoshi's vision" from that camp might also be connected here.

I'm interested in getting further data points on exactly how this scam was spreading in the Bitcoin space. I have some dates and some people, but a lot I don't know.

But perhaps I'm just being hopeful, -- since if this is true, the worst of this drama may be finally over.

They had some major shit-stirring in the works but ended up screwing up (again) somehow by accident. So this stooge Wright had to back out and now they all have deserved egg on their faces.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10153

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 08:58:41 AM

You may be correct that a lot of discrediting of the stupid-ass shit may come together with some of this unravelling of Craig Wright. 

His credentialing is just annoying, because there seems to be no there, there... so I tend to believe that he identified some tendencies in the community, rather than building followers.....

Just like Wright, there is no there, there with XT and Classic.   When I first began to consider the potential merits of XT and Classic, I considered giving the benefit of the doubt because on the surface there is some sense to it, but when you get down to the changes in governance and the hidden agenda that seems to cause easy implementation of changes, hard forks, blocksize limit increases, etc, then I began to realize how much bullshit there was in XT and Classic... and the same seems to be true with Wright.. that he may superficially seem like he may know about what he speaks, but his constant credentialing should cause people to recognize that there is little substance beyond the attempts at credentialing.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 08:36:22 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2016, 11:12:13 AM by iCEBREAKER

In any case, a strong relationship there would do a lot to explain a number of rather perplexing things-- including the absolute, yet wildly unjustified, confidence in the XT and Classic's forks when they lacked so much, including a productive and experienced set of people supporting them. As extreme as that confidence was in public, what I've seen in  in private is magnitudes worse. "No worries, the Creator will come and save the day."

In the 60s-80s, the FBI (and SJW orgs like SPLC) used their mob ties and War On Drugs police state tactics to break up the KKK.

Then they needed a bigger budget new enemy, so the Remnant of anti-centralized authoritarianism Federalists (running the gamut from JBS reactionaries to Libertarians) was put in the crosshairs.

The old joke about everyone you meet at a Klan rally being an undercover informant became a new joke called "spot the fed."  After all, what good is an Elohim City without an Andreas Strassmeir there to stir the pot?

This background may help establish a pattern and practice relevant to explaining the mysterious preponderance of Full Time Professional Libertarians in the Gavinista (IE Craig Wrightist) movement.

One way to spot the Fed is to look at who is advocating the most indefensible actions/opinions.  EG, Olivier J making the neo-nationalist/anti-transnationalist movement appear foolish and bigoted by drunkenly ranting about Evil Mooooslums.

The professional infiltrators/agitators usually seek leadership positions in existing and self-created governance structures, so they can make lists of subversives.  EG, The Bitcoin Foundation.

It appears the nefarious nexus you are looking for exists mostly among the less technical/more political wing of the Bitcoin world (Gavin and Ian Grigg notwithstanding).

Another red flag warning is association with Cato Institute, a quasi-libertarian think tank with petrodollar/neocon foreign policy leanings often pointedly referred to as "Stato" by the antiwar.com types of the Constitutional conservative right.

And right on cue, we find a State-O Institute functionary Jim Harper breathlessly scolding Team Core for no very good reason:

https://twitter.com/Jim_Harper/status/725389920387387392

Perhaps Kyle Torpley will file some FOIA requests and get to the bottom of this rabbit hole.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/bergalex/status/688426920330027009

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 10:15:08 PM

In any case, a strong relationship there would do a lot to explain a number of rather perplexing things-- including the absolute, yet wildly unjustified, confidence in the XT and Classic's forks when they lacked so much, including a productive and experienced set of people supporting them. As extreme as that confidence was in public, what I've seen in  in private is magnitudes worse. "No worries, the Creator will come and save the day."

In the 60s-80s, the FBI (and SJW orgs like SPLC) used their mob ties and War On Drugs police state tactics to break up the KKK.

Then they needed a bigger budget new enemy, so the Remnant of anti-centralized authoritarianism Federalists (running the gamut from JBS reactionaries to Libertarians) was put in the crosshairs.

The old joke about everyone you meet at a Klan rally being an undercover informant became a new joke called "spot the fed."  After all, what good is an Elohim City without an Andreas Strassmeir there to stir the pot?

This background may help establish a pattern and practice relevant to explaining the mysterious preponderance of Full Time Professional Libertarians in the Gavinista (IE Craig Wrightist) movement.

One way to spot the Fed is to look at who is advocating the most indefensible actions/opinions.  EG, Olivier J making the neo-nationalist/anti-transnationalist movement appear foolish and bigoted by drunkenly ranting about Evil Mooooslums.

The professional infiltrators/agitators usually seek leadership positions in existing and self-created governance structures, so they can make lists of subversives.  EG, The Bitcoin Foundation.

It appears the nefarious nexus you are looking for exists mostly among the less technical/more political wing of the Bitcoin world (Gavin and Ian Grigg notwithstanding).

Another red flag warning is association with Cato Institute, a quasi-libertarian think tank with petrodollar/neocon foreign policy leanings often pointedly referred to as "Stato" by the antiwar.com types of the Constitutional conservative right.

And right on cue, we find a State-O Institute functionary Jim Harper breathlessly scolding Team Core for no very good reason:

Perhaps Kyle Torpley will file some FOIA requests and get to the bottom of this rabbit hole.

Meh if only they'd try harder, so it would make bitcoin stronger..
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 07:19:58 AM

Meh if only they'd try harder, so it would make bitcoin stronger laugh harder..

Grin

I told you GavinCoin would get r3kt like Stannis on the Blackwater, and that's exactly what has happened.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
btcusury

Activity: 433
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 02:18:49 PM

I think today on the interwebs a full spectrum strategy is followed, whereby you have people "advocating the most indefensible actions/opinions" all the way up to very subtle subversion. Gavinistas would be somewhere in the middle. The idea is to generate an appearance of chaos and confusion, as with the "no planes"/"TV fakery" 9/11 disinfo. The good thing in cryptoland is that it doesn't matter what tactics they come up with or how many "Trusts" (TBF etc) they set up, cuz decentralization!

FACT: There were hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths by December 2020 due to the censorship of all effective treatments (most notably ivermectin) in order to obtain EUA for experimental GT spike protein injections despite spike bioweaponization patents going back about a decade, and the manufacturers have 100% legal immunity despite long criminal histories.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 06:27:46 PM

I think today on the interwebs a full spectrum strategy is followed, whereby you have people "advocating the most indefensible actions/opinions" all the way up to very subtle subversion. Gavinistas would be somewhere in the middle. The idea is to generate an appearance of chaos and confusion, as with the "no planes"/"TV fakery" 9/11 disinfo. The good thing in cryptoland is that it doesn't matter what tactics they come up with or how many "Trusts" (TBF etc) they set up, cuz decentralization!

Agreed!!!!!

Some of this was good for bitcoin to go through some of this, and to come out stronger, and hopefully recognizing various potential coupe attempts without going along with the various bullshit fakeries.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 11:35:48 PM

Some of this was good for bitcoin to go through some of this, and to come out stronger, and hopefully recognizing various potential coupe attempts without going along with the various bullshit fakeries.

Per aspera ad astra

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Merit: 1115

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 12:07:41 AM

How do you account for the fact that CSW was able to sign a message from block 1 for Gavin? Have we explained that part away yet? How?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 12:27:13 AM

How do you account for the fact that CSW was able to sign a message from block 1 for Gavin? Have we explained that part away yet? How?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 12:34:12 AM

What is it?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 03:42:46 AM

<<gratuitous pik removed>>

What is it?

Here in the Kore Ekko Khchamber, the obvious answer is that Gavin is simultaneously:
a) duped, as he is the stupidest person who ever figured out how to make a transaction; and
b) lying, because he needs to make a case for 320 GB blocks - like rightfuckingnow - and will breach any ethic to do so
...take your pick.

I personally don't think the last card has been played.

We shall see.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 05:09:30 AM

<<gratuitous pik removed>>

What is it?

Here in the Kore Ekko Khchamber, the obvious answer is that Gavin is simultaneously:
a) duped, as he is the stupidest person who ever figured out how to make a transaction; and
b) lying, because he needs to make a case for 320 GB blocks - like rightfuckingnow - and will breach any ethic to do so
...take your pick.

I personally don't think the last card has been played.

We shall see.

Why does every supposedly curious detail need to be explained, when there is more convincing evidence that CSW is a con artist?

Yeah, maybe some kind of follow-up is going to take place and further attempts at conning and/or achieving other unknown, mysterious and ulterior motives - yet in the meantime, why do we need to be preoccupied with such baloney attempts at drama.

The main points that we have likely learned from this is that Gavin is either very gullible or somehow malicious to align himself in such crazy drama, and there are others too who have been highlighted as easily partisan and without reason to be attempting to pursue such baloney con artist plots.

Yes, the mainstream media loves this kind of drama, whether true or not, so they are very ripe recipients to keep stories like this going, even if it takes several months before it rears its head again... no matter how preposterous it is.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 07:28:22 AM

Read this JJG: http://blog.earthbenign.com/post/143966444120/dr-craig-wright-very-well-could-be-satoshi

iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 07:46:22 AM

Read this JJG: http://blog.earthbenign.com/post/143966444120/dr-craig-wright-very-well-could-be-satoshi

"though I’m not a “trained PhD psychologist”, I have a very strong feeling that Dr. Craig Wright actually is Satoshi Nakamoto."

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 07:57:04 AM

"though I’m not a “trained PhD psychologist”, I have a very strong feeling that Dr. Craig Wright actually is Satoshi Nakamoto."

Don't stop reading there. I meant this part:

"Fallacist’s Fallacy : this fallacy involves rejecting an idea as false simply because the argument offered for it is fallacious."

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:37:03 AM

We don't need to weigh ourselves down with all the mumbo jumbo baloney arguments about how Wright could be Satoshi - because that kind of pursuit remains a big ass waste of time.

I'm not trying to be dismissive of the whole idea, but really it is just a ridiculous waste of time, and I believe that I already made several of my own observations and arguments regarding the case.. and why repeat those arguments?

The main argument is that there a lot of easy ways that Craig Wright would be able to prove that he is Satoshi, if he really were, and he is simply not engaging in any of those straight forward proofs.

Unless there is some new proof, I find it a bad use of our time and our brain power to consider such distractions... so let's move on.

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: