Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 05:35:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: After the poor behavior by Blockstream/Core in their attempted takeover of Bitcoin, will people....
A) After a successful Classic Fork - people will FORGIVE Blockstream/Core - 3 (13%)
B) After a successful Classic Fork - people will BOYCOTT anything having to do with Blockstream/Core - 3 (13%)
C) After a successful Classic Fork - people will REMAIN ANGRY A LONG TIME with Blockstream/Core and forgiveness will be slow to come - 2 (8.7%)
D) After a successful Classic Fork - people will have fun mocking and shaming Blockstream/Core participants and supporters, but will then quickly move on, because most people aren't as childish as the Small-Blockstreamers Smiley - 15 (65.2%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: How will Blockstream/Core Be Remembered?  (Read 2410 times)
keepdoing (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:26:27 PM

And so it starts, as we count down the days to the Bitcoin Classic Hard Fork....

Blockstream/Core supporters are spewing :::  FUD.  Bitterness.   Denial.   Sabotage.

But with broad consensus and support on all sides, it is apparent that Classic will prevail, and soon this legacy of Blockstream/Core will be over
, their little attempted takeover of Bitcoin ended.  I wonder how they will be remembered and treated afterwards.  Personally I say let some other team introduce sidechains if they are to be supported.  Its just code.  Somebody else will rise up and do a proper sidechain - without trying to cripple bitcoin in the process.

But what do you think?  How do you think they should be treated?  Vote in the poll.

www.BitcoinClassic.com  <<<Get On Board And Ride the Wave To New Highs Baby!!!
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 11:31:23 PM

In my opinion, this bitcoin classic thing is a horrible idea.

We just need core to roll out either 2MB or 4MB blocks and be done with all this nonsense.
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:36:41 PM

We just need core to roll out either 2MB or 4MB blocks and be done with all this nonsense.

Have you visited the www.BitcoinClassic.com page?  

Here, let me help you with a front page excerpt.....

CUT/PASTE:

We are hard forking bitcoin to a 2 MB blocksize limit. Please join us.

The data show consensus amongst miners for an immediate 2 MB increase, and demand amongst users for 8 MB or more. We are writing the software that miners and users say they want. We will make sure that it solves their needs, help them deploy it, and gracefully upgrade the bitcoin network’s capacity together.

We call our code repository Bitcoin Classic. It starts as a one-feature patch to bitcoin-core that increases the blocksize limit to 2 MB. We will have ports for master and 0.11.2, so that miners and businesses can upgrade to 2 MB blocks from any recent bitcoin software version they run.

In the future we will continue to release updates that are in line with Satoshi’s whitepaper & vision, and are agreed upon by the community.

Not sure what part you don't understand.
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:45:42 PM

You need to add (After classic gets Ddosed back to the stone age people will rejoice in fighting off this coordinated takeover by legacy banks. )

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:49:17 PM

Not sure what part you don't understand.

Not sure what part of "it would be even better if Core had changes similar to Classic straight out of the box" you don't understand Cheesy
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:51:07 PM

You're pro-secession. I think that you should add in the poll what will happen with a failed secession attempt. If you do so I may vote. Because if Bitcoin Classic win, this will be by the strength, so you should add an option like : "In are of a successful Bitcoin Classic, people will be nostalgic about Bitcoin Core, and will have fear about the destruction of Satoshi's ideal." !
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 12:01:18 AM

These Corporate backed bloat coin forks with their deceptive names like "bitcoin classic" are meant too deceive users, to trick them into running this code to get them to think its the real Bitcoin is a derisive act born out of a defeatist 'all or nothing' mentality.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 12:07:18 AM

These Corporate backed bloat coin forks with their deceptive names like "bitcoin classic" are meant too deceive users, to trick them into running this code thinking its the real Bitcoin is a derisive act born out of a defeatist 'all or nothing' mentality.

As I mentioned in the OP, and I think it sums up the above nonsense nicely.....

Blockstream/Core supporters are spewing :::  FUD.  Bitterness.   Denial.   Sabotage.

PS... looks like we're seeing a trend in the Poll.  Option #4 seems to be rather popular  Grin
Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 12:14:58 AM

These Corporate backed bloat coin forks with their deceptive names like "bitcoin classic" are meant too deceive users, to trick them into running this code thinking its the real Bitcoin is a derisive act born out of a defeatist 'all or nothing' mentality.

Blockstream/Core supporters are spewing :::  FUD.  Bitterness.   Denial.   Sabotage.

PS... looks like we're seeing a trend in the Poll.  Option #4 seems to be rather popular  Grin

This poll is fully pro-secession. Just add what I suggested in my last post and this may a bit more representative of the reality. I don't call a democracy a country where you can only vote for several candidates that all come from the same party.
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 12:17:39 AM

PS... looks like we're seeing a trend in the Poll.  Option #4 seems to be rather popular  Grin

This poll is fully pro-secession. Just add what I suggested in my last post and this may a bit more representative of the reality. I don't call a democracy a country where you can only vote for several candidates that all come from the same party.

As opposed to Censoring anything you don't like?  ooooo - feel the burn!  Karma is a real bitch Smiley
Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 12:24:11 AM

As opposed to Censoring anything you don't like?  ooooo - feel the burn!  Karma is a real bitch Smiley

Frankly, I don't understand anything about what you meant. Who's censuring here it is you, who don't offer a poll that reflects everyone's idea.
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 12:33:19 AM

As opposed to Censoring anything you don't like?  ooooo - feel the burn!  Karma is a real bitch Smiley

Frankly, I don't understand anything about what you meant. Who's censuring here it is you, who don't offer a poll that reflects everyone's idea.
I don't understand.  It is a legitimate set of poll questions.  Almost every significant miner is on record supporting Classic, and that is a clear indication that Bitcoin Classic will result as the surviving Bitcoin Chain.  As a result of that - the Blockstream/Core Dev team will have effectively have been Voted Out/Fired by the overall Bitcoin Community.

So I think the Poll is very reasonable as to how people think Blockstream/Core participants and supporters will be treated int he aftermath.  I think it is an important question considering how contentious this subject is.  You have to remember.... Blockstream/Core went against the overall Bitcoin Community, and has tried to kill bitcoin.  They have endangered over a $Billion Dollars of investment monies, and threatened the Bitcoin Currency, of which many people depend upon for a livelihood.  

Since the Bitcoin Classic Team has demonstrated a more reasonable, OPEN, Inclusive attitude since they have emerged, I thought this a good poll to get a foretaste of how this temporary split in the Bitcoin Community might actually end.  Right now it sort of looks like everyone will simply have a bit of fun and jokes at the Blockstream/Core expense, and then move on and get back to business.  Probably breathing a deep sigh of relief that all the divisive personalities would have been marginalized and caste aside - no longer a threat.
Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 12:53:36 AM

As opposed to Censoring anything you don't like?  ooooo - feel the burn!  Karma is a real bitch Smiley

I don't understand.  It is a legitimate set of poll questions.  Almost every significant miner is on record supporting Classic, and that is a clear indication that Bitcoin Classic will result as the surviving Bitcoin Chain.  As a result of that - the Blockstream/Core Dev team will have effectively have been Voted Out/Fired by the overall Bitcoin Community.

So I think the Poll is very reasonable as to how people think Blockstream/Core participants and supporters will be treated int he aftermath.  I think it is an important question considering how contentious this subject is.  You have to remember.... Blockstream/Core went against the overall Bitcoin Community, and has tried to kill bitcoin.  They have endangered over a $Billion Dollars of investment monies, and threatened the Bitcoin Currency, of which many people depend upon for a livelihood.  

Since the Bitcoin Classic Team has demonstrated a more reasonable, OPEN, Inclusive attitude since they have emerged, I thought this a good poll to get a foretaste of how this temporary split in the Bitcoin Community might actually end.  Right now it sort of looks like everyone will simply have a bit of fun and jokes at the Blockstream/Core expense, and then move on and get back to business.  Probably breathing a deep sigh of relief that all the divisive personalities would have been marginalized and caste aside - no longer a threat.

What you don't seem to understand is that miners are not the majority, far from this. I'd say that they're not even 25%. From what I know, Bitcoin Classic developers are from Bitcoin Core, so they're as "criminal" as the guys you're spitting on. I can assure you that not everyone will ideally agree on Bitcoin Classic.
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 01:05:02 AM

What you don't seem to understand is that miners are not the majority, far from this. I'd say that they're not even 25%. From what I know, Bitcoin Classic developers are from Bitcoin Core, so they're as "criminal" as the guys you're spitting on. I can assure you that not everyone will ideally agree on Bitcoin Classic.
It really doesn't matter what you think.  In the end, it is clear that Bitcoin Classic will get its 75%, and the majority of the Bitcoin Community will be so damn glad not to be held hostage by a small group of idiots, nor have to listen to your crap anymore.  And we, the Bitcoin Community that will remain, will be happy and our "Coinage" will increase Smiley

And you know what.... I think Blockstream/Core supporters that have anything to do with Lightning etc should probably stop burning their bridges unless they want to see the Poll shift in favor of option #2.
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 01:35:24 AM

Well, well.... Option D is really gaining traction.  I would have thought Option B maybe.  Just goes to show you - that Classic Supporters have Class Smiley  Have a little fun, but in the end a professional lot - worthy to govern bitcoin.  Unlike, well.... "those other people"
Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 01:36:56 AM

It really doesn't matter what you think.  In the end, it is clear that Bitcoin Classic will get its 75%, and the majority of the Bitcoin Community will be so damn glad not to be held hostage by a small group of idiots, nor have to listen to your crap anymore.  And we, the Bitcoin Community that will remain, will be happy and our "Coinage" will increase Smiley

And you know what.... I think Blockstream/Core supporters that have anything to do with Lightning etc should probably stop burning their bridges unless they want to see the Poll shift in favor of option #2.

Why is it clear that Bitcoin Classic will get its 75% ? Oh yes, I forgot : because it is supported by the biggest companies ! By doing this we come back to the roots of the fiat money ! I'm open for discussion, so try to convince me about Bitcoin Classic's coolness. Why is it so good ?
orpington

Activity: 784
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 01:40:29 AM

Unfortunately, there's a poll choice missing:

E) The R3 classic altcoin follows XT out the door.
Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 01:43:58 AM

Unfortunately, there's a poll choice missing:

E) The R3 classic altcoin follows XT out the door.

That's a possibilty, but with all the big players following it, it may not be the case. By the way, why are you saying "The R3 classic altcoin" instead of Bitcoin Classic. I can understand the term of altcoin, but why R3 ? I've seen it a few times before but I never undertsood his usage. Can you enlight me please ? Also, he'll never add such an option. You can't be more pro-Bitcoin Classic than him.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 01:47:55 AM

The number of banker shills on this forum must be at an all-time high! Lips sealed
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 01:48:13 AM

+1

Could not agree more.  What is the rush?  It seems like these classic guys want to control the source (and fuck it up later on by adding other crap
without proper testing)

Kinda childish if you ask me.

Go start your own alt coin, call it "better, classic, super trupper bitcoin" whatever you want.

Core guys get what bitcoin is all about. Decentralized, independent, global, store of value.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: