Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:41:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened to ASICMiner?  (Read 807 times)
0bit (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 05:15:47 AM

Hello everyone, I havn't been following Bitcoin for a while and I recently was reminded of ASICMiner, and since I hadn't heard anything about them for a while I did some searching. I discovered this (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996135.20) thread discussing how AMHash had gone sour. It outlined that the company (as well as RockMiner) were low on funding, how they needed to pay back shareholders for failing to provide their services and, most frighteningly, how FriedCat had gone missing and hadn't been seen for over a month. I havn't really heard any more news about any of this after I read that thread and I'll admit, I am very late to the party. Does anybody know what is going on with ASICMiner right now? If somebody could give me a general explanation as to what has happened since that thread, whether the company will ever release a BE300S based miner, what the future of the company is and any news on FriedCat's location, I would be very appreciative.

This was my favorite ASIC company and I really hope this isn't the end.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 08:45:33 PM

Doesn't surprise me. The mining "business" has been consolidating for years! As it gets tougher and tougher for regular folks or new entrants to join the mining market the need to buy machines goes down, this will directly lead to some of these suppliers going out of business. It's the natural way of business! You can always look for these machines on the secondary market...
0bit (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 10:50:11 PM

Doesn't surprise me. The mining "business" has been consolidating for years! As it gets tougher and tougher for regular folks or new entrants to join the mining market the need to buy machines goes down, this will directly lead to some of these suppliers going out of business. It's the natural way of business! You can always look for these machines on the secondary market...

Obviously that's the way that business works. Until this point I was under the impression that ASICMiner's products had been in reasonably high demand. It'd be shame if they went out of business. As far as buying their machines used I don't think their BE200 based products are profitable to run anymore, aside from maybe the Prisma
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: