Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:12:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: general rule regarding scam accusations.  (Read 272 times)
lottery248 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 12:11:43 PM

i don't sure if i have completed all of the rule, and besides if this thread became a sticky i would pay my responsibility to update the rule.

introduction:
scamming seems to be really popular in bitcoin, right? you will probably go to accuse about the scam if you believe that is. however, due to some of the cases, people may not understand the rule before they start to negative others or accuse some.

what to do:

1. be serious to open a scam accusation.
if you really want to start to accuse someone who are actually or possible scamming, please make sure that your attitude on accusing that people is serious and determined, this is in order to prevent joking thread which increases annoyance to the readers checking out the subforum.

2. leave a feedback properly.
when you want to leave a feedback, make sure you are having the correct corresponding rating, either positive, neutral, or negative. you should provide a bit specific information about the scam, trust abuse, any other information for that matter to get people who read them to think about it more comfortably.

3. use valid evidence.
to maximize your accusation being believed, you will really need to provide some of the valid information, better more; also you may remark some of the points that you really need the readers to focus. more evidence leads more people to trust; however never provide false or falsified evidence - which could get you considered trolling.

4. change your password if necessary.
because in some of the cases, like you are scammed by a ponzi site, like cloudminr dot io, please gotta change your password immediately, you won't know if their server goes on sale and leading your information to be exposed. if you are unfortunately got blackmailed or spammed by such advertisement, please let the email provider to be acknowledged in order to have a chance that could track the source of the email.

things not to do

1. (creating account) just to open an accusation to troll/insult/threat.
either a trolling attitude, or joking in the scam accusation subforum should be strictly prohibited in all the cases. if you have one account, and make a new one just to violate the rule, like opening an accusation thread, but turns into threatening right after the 'scammer' is responded that he is not scamming; is even worse than getting your first account banned for the same reason, this is explicitly a ban evasion.

here is a real quote example which happened right after accusing against me:
Lick my big cock you pathetic Hong kock 13 year old bitch
the corresponding account is nuked for this reason, and even insulting the place where i live; the important point is the person has experience to me but opened an account just to do this.

2. abusing the trust system.
even though the trust system is not moderated, you need to be self-aware about what you are typing on the feedback. if you create alts and target someone to negative, even though it remains untrusted, it is very annoying on reading the feedback. in the worse cases, trust spamming, no matter you are trusted on DT or not, if you post up zero-value feedback, then it is unacceptable though only severe cases that could get admin to delete the feedback. better not to abuse the trust system.

3. filibustering inside the thread between the scammer.
if the scammer is on but just to insult you and 'demand' you to remove the thread, gotta ignore that guy, because it would waste your time on your computer just to battle with the scammer. instead, if it does, people could help you to protect you from wasting the time.

incomplete, if you have any suggestion on this, feel free to post on this thread. hope people will use the accusation more wisely.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: