Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:21:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: price going back up?  (Read 2827 times)
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 01:05:25 PM

it was expected , the 350 mark was rock solid, since the climb was very slow, up to 400

who was believing about sub 300 or even lower, was fooling himself, also there is the halving coming, no way that the price will fall so low anymore

If it was expected, why did you then recommend to me, that I market buy some Bitcoins at around the $450 mark, just a couple of weeks ago?

Is it the case that:

a) You are like a broken record?
b) You just spout of the same old shit regardless of circumstances?
or
c) All of the above?

=============================================

Major resistance is currently at ~$410. I would be fucking astounded if that support is taken out anytime soon, or at least before testing the bottom.

I suspect something like a test of 'the bottom', a breach of the 38.2$ retrace, but a fail around $410, a test and fail of the 'the bottom', and fall into the Monster Support zone around $310-$320 (the highs right through 2015, and big support zone in Nov 2015), which will be the real and final bottom.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 02:39:10 PM

no wait, you misunderstood, i said it was expected that the 350 was not breakable in the event of a crash, but none was saying that there was going to be a crash

and anyway 350 is the lowest point, 450 is still a good buy for long term, and i'm not here for day trading or bear market, only for medium long term
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 03:03:45 PM

no wait, you misunderstood, i said it was expected that the 350 was not breakable in the event of a crash, but none was saying that there was going to be a crash

and anyway 350 is the lowest point, 450 is still a good buy for long term, and i'm not here for day trading or bear market, only for medium long term
I also support the camp of these who claim that the support around $350 is pretty rock solid. I would be really surprised if it give off so easily. The same way we have the resistance above $400 ahead of us. That makes me think that we will stay a bit longer in the horizontal trend between $380 and $400 until we get the resolution. For now we don't have solid arguments to go in either way.

this space is intentionally left blank
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 03:05:19 PM

This is no different from the changes that occur every year with any currency and/or stock.  It is a standard drop after the holidays and the new year.  Yes, it will increase again.
andycarrol

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:18:33 PM

of course, will go up again, but it seems to be slowly. but I am sure this weekend we can back rise to $400
MatTheCat

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:30:59 PM

I also support the camp of these who claim that the support around $350 is pretty rock solid. I would be really surprised if it give off so easily. The same way we have the resistance above $400 ahead of us. That makes me think that we will stay a bit longer in the horizontal trend between $380 and $400 until we get the resolution. For now we don't have solid arguments to go in either way.

There is both a Weekly and a Daily Pivot Point, right at $360!

Great long term support credentials right there!

However. Go back over history and try and show me one single time when BTC spot didn't overshoot or 'fake out' these 'support' points?

Chances are, we go lower than $360.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
banker11 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:59:22 PM

So for someone with 0 bitcoin wanting to get in for the long term; is now the time to buy?!
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 06:02:52 PM

So for someone with 0 bitcoin wanting to get in for the long term; is now the time to buy?!

I would wait at least till low 300s before buying. Wait a few days for that price and see where the market is standing then.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
MatTheCat

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 07:22:19 PM

Nope.

A lot of washing out here to be done. Mkt any going to be shooting off anytime soon.

In the long run, $360 (or $380 even) will no doubt prove a very good buy-in point.....but any doing so, may have to endure a bit of heat for a good while,

uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 11:08:19 PM

However. Go back over history and try and show me one single time when BTC spot didn't overshoot or 'fake out' these 'support' points?

I agree that there are chances, slim but still there are chances, that we slip below $360. You are right saying that the price may overshot the support lines (as it usually does), but thinking about good entry point $360 is just fine. I wouldn't count on catching the bottom exactly. At the same time I think that we should hoover a bit more in the horizontal direction, before we got some stronger arguments to go either up or down. For now it seems that we will try to climb again  - let's see how we deal with $410, once we get there.

MatTheCat

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 06:47:59 AM

I agree that there are chances, slim but still there are chances, that we slip below $360. You are right saying that the price may overshot the support lines (as it usually does), but thinking about good entry point $360 is just fine. I wouldn't count on catching the bottom exactly. At the same time I think that we should hoover a bit more in the horizontal direction, before we got some stronger arguments to go either up or down. For now it seems that we will try to climb again  - let's see how we deal with $410, once we get there.

pfft...

looks like we might test $360 in the coming sessions.

uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 11:08:00 AM

pfft...

I wouldn't be afraid of testing. First, it would help to bring the technical indicators to the point where you have signals for the end of correction (overbought territory). Second, I would welcome such a test as a good buying opportunity, if I was thinking about entering the market.

Newcoins2020

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 11:16:47 AM

I see that bitcoin now is just stable above 350 dollars is not that great than 450 dollars.
Is still nice at least is not going to 200 dollars.

We will see what will happen after the halving I hope people won't panic.
MatTheCat

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 11:19:44 AM

I agree that there are chances, slim but still there are chances, that we slip below $360. You are right saying that the price may overshot the support lines (as it usually does), but thinking about good entry point $360 is just fine. I wouldn't count on catching the bottom exactly. At the same time I think that we should hoover a bit more in the horizontal direction, before we got some stronger arguments to go either up or down. For now it seems that we will try to climb again  - let's see how we deal with $410, once we get there.

pfft...

I wouldn't be afraid of testing. First, it would help to bring the technical indicators to the point where you have signals for the end of correction (overbought territory). Second, I would welcome such a test as a good buying opportunity, if I was thinking about entering the market.

I would defo be interested on buying a dip back down to $360 area...fucking good counter trend long that would be!

I dunno if you do TA, or if you do, what tools or methods you deploy, but man, that $410-$415 area is going to be such a brutal resistance area, that it will more likely than stop BTC right in it's tracks, before sending it right back the way it came. Whether the $360 'support' would hold on the 3rd time of asking would be another matter. I am not saying that it is going to happen, but I see no reason at all why Bitcoin couldn't test $310-$320, which is where the first line of real monster support for this market lies.....I imagine that down there, we would see equal measures of Retail Investor despair, combined with Wholesale Investor confidence, and that is what true bottoms are made off. Markets by thier very nature are designed to ensure that the majority always lose.

magemist

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 12:49:57 PM

It would be 400 soon, probably.

Yeah, I think it would $400 soon or even more up to $450-$500. Halving is so close now and i think the bitcoin price will increase again soon. So yeah, price going back up.
This is happening now Shocked It is at $390 this morning so it is looking like a steady growth today which is always a good sign for the rest of the week for it Wink
JavaLove

Activity: 434

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 01:13:23 PM

Oh yes the price is going back up, for sure. We've already hit $400 again.

If I were you I'd buy (which I have been doing for a while) while the price is still down a little, although it's recovered from the Mike Hearn and Cryptsy issues and is bound to rise or stay still.

Either way, we'll see the end of this downtrend very soon. With China's devaluation of their currency and the Chinese New Year which will end, the price is going to countinue rising as it did. Plus, we are all eagerly waiting for Bitcoin halving which will increase the price by a lot.

Just don't listen to people like kwuckduck - their pessimism and negativity are what helps the price go down - but it doesn't have to be that way.

▄▄  ▄▄                 
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄             
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀         
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██   
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███               
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀           
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██   
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███           
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 01:40:26 PM

I see that bitcoin now is just stable above 350 dollars is not that great than 450 dollars.
Is still nice at least is not going to 200 dollars.

We will see what will happen after the halving I hope people won't panic.

I would be ok if the price would go back down to $200, I wouldn't mind the price going up either. Even though it's highly unlikely for bitcoin to drop to $200, it wouldn't be so bad.
Imagine the amount of people who would be buying bitcoin when it gets that low. The price would certainly go back up again because of that.
DuckKeeper

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 02:06:58 PM

Price will start to pick up again in the next couple of days. We may reach $400 by mid of this week or sooner. Just hold on to your coins but if you don't have enough patience then sell it.

We will see about that I think we will just stable around this price and later we will see a increase.
Before halving I think we can reach at 500 dollars.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 02:13:53 PM

It seems to me it's been going up these last couple of hours.

I'm very excited to see this and how far bitcoin will rise in value.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 02:17:29 PM

It seems to me it's been going up these last couple of hours.

I'm very excited to see this and how far bitcoin will rise in value.

i am more interested in what the sellers will do to the price right now. the price can't go up all the time without seeing traders secure profits and thus see the price go lower.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: