Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:04:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lottery with Bitcoin?  (Read 411 times)
Blawpaw (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 11:21:29 PM

Lottery with Bitcoin?

Now Bitcoin uses can pay Lottery tickets with bitcoin; Jackpocket has integrated bitcoin as a payment option within the app, meaning that people can purchase their Powerball tickets using the cryptocurrency.

On Wednesday, the app announced its bitcoin addition, which garnered a lot of attention for the coin, as the Powerball Jackpot also reached a record high on the same day.

Read more:

http://www.benzinga.com/news/16/01/6142186/now-you-can-play-the-lottery-with-bitcoin#ixzz3xXy1jiqa
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 11:26:40 PM

Only new York?
blackraven1425

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 11:27:59 PM

So it can be bought worldwide?
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:51:35 AM

With bitcoin payment, it can be bought from every country, the only problem would be if you won a big prize, (you have to be a United States citizen to play this lottery and for this reason you can have problems to cash a big prize). For small prizes i read on another news article that they pay you on btc.
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:57:24 AM

With bitcoin payment, it can be bought from every country, the only problem would be if you won a big prize, (you have to be a United States citizen to play this lottery and for this reason you can have problems to cash a big prize). For small prizes i read on another news article that they pay you on btc.
Yes, it is realy a issue. I would't go there. Coz I am not American. I cannot withdraw the big prize. Sk what is the point of playing there. Since there is  a lot of bitcoin accepting and paying gambling sites there for me to choose. Probably it is a good choice for the local ppl. They can hide their identity at some extent.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 01:12:57 AM

Good to know that a popular lottery game accept Bitcoin payment. This will generate people interests into learning more about Bitcoin. Hopefully this will get Bitcoin recognized by more people. Smiley. Even though I run a Bitcoin based free lottery game, I dont play paid lottery game. Anyway, if I win I cannot withdraw the money. lol.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: