Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:47:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blackmailer/Scammer, Moderators & Users Please Be Aware!!!  (Read 1077 times)
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 11:59:53 AM

Just so everyone is aware, I just checked my emails today and started laughing sooooo hard.

Received this:
hi user,

i have seen you in the bitcointalk.org and you are doing pritty well.I

have 32full member and 8hero member account.I Have seen you from

couple of days and thinking to give you neqetive trust. so if you

don't want me to do that then send 0.01 bitcoins on

1HpKWsnU9oov7BDimWLpXfvEphE3iCjCcw .if i saw any post related to this

email then i will gave you lot of red marks

For someone who cannot even spell, I would love to see you do this.

As soon as the negative trust is added we will all soon see which accounts you speak of and then know these are sock puppet accounts controlled by you.

Weak attempt of blackmail towards a developer with no funds. Good luck in your ventures.

BTW the email address I received this from was manojit.jgd@gmail.com and the name attached was MANOJIT MUKHERJEE.

Please see the original screenshot of the email below:

Moderators please be aware of this and if negative trust is added to my account I trust you to act accordingly.

0.01BTC, laughable.

His address http://blockr.io/address/info/1HpKWsnU9oov7BDimWLpXfvEphE3iCjCcw

No transactions.

Not a very successful blackmailer.

With not much investigation, simply searched the email address on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/manojit.mukherjee.16?fref=ts

Hello Blackmailer  Grin

I cannot believe he used his real name and email address, utter stupidity.

Also some advice, anyone who falls victim to this or is threatened with blackmail, NEVER PAY, once you pay they will ask for more and more.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:49:25 PM

0.01 - that is cute. I'll send him that for making me smile. ^^

https://blockchain.info/tx/e4f06ef29cc1915077ae2c2cf18b606a436b83b0af5b20b00f85f344f4a76ee3

.edit:
Blackmailer: buy a beer from that and stop that bullshit with blackmailing others. Don't make the Bitcoin community worse than it already is.

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
idyu

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:51:43 PM

Make sure he really send it from this email not like a spoofed one.
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 12:59:43 PM

https://blockchain.info/tx/e4f06ef29cc1915077ae2c2cf18b606a436b83b0af5b20b00f85f344f4a76ee3

.edit:
Blackmailer: buy a beer from that and stop that bullshit with blackmailing others. Don't make the Bitcoin community worse than it already is.

I like your style, lol
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 01:09:15 PM

.edit:

i would believe your act could encourage more ransomers to black main your email, i am one of the victim, though they are just considered as a spam inside the spam box.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
allyouracid
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 01:17:13 PM

.edit:

i would believe your act could encourage more ransomers to black main your email, i am one of the victim, though they are just considered as a spam inside the spam box.
Yep, I actually thought about this. But I don't consider that a problem.

idyu

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 01:20:24 PM

.edit:

AHA i got you, you are the blackmailer *just a joke* Wink

But reallt you should not do this because as other ppl said this will just motivate them to continue Smiley
allyouracid
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 01:28:35 PM

.edit:

But reallt you should not do this because as other ppl said this will just motivate them to continue Smiley
I don't know. I have the hope that acting unconventionally, sometimes, could cause people to change. I mean, think about it. What kind of person could that be, blackmailing for not even four bucks. From India, maybe. Could be his family is hungry, and it was a desperate move. Who knows.

Not that I want to encourage blackmailing. But sometimes, small things make a change.

SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 01:58:03 PM

.edit:

I don't know. I have the hope that acting unconventionally, sometimes, could cause people to change. I mean, think about it. What kind of person could that be, blackmailing for not even four bucks. From India, maybe. Could be his family is hungry, and it was a desperate move. Who knows.

Not that I want to encourage blackmailing. But sometimes, small things make a change.

I agree that killing with kindness works.
Robertt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:22:22 PM

Just so everyone is aware, I just checked my emails today and started laughing sooooo hard.

Received this:
hi user,

i have seen you in the bitcointalk.org and you are doing pritty well.I

have 32full member and 8hero member account.I Have seen you from

couple of days and thinking to give you neqetive trust. so if you

don't want me to do that then send 0.01 bitcoins on

1HpKWsnU9oov7BDimWLpXfvEphE3iCjCcw .if i saw any post related to this

email then i will gave you lot of red marks

For someone who cannot even spell, I would love to see you do this.

As soon as the negative trust is added we will all soon see which accounts you speak of and then know these are sock puppet accounts controlled by you.

Weak attempt of blackmail towards a developer with no funds. Good luck in your ventures.

BTW the email address I received this from was manojit.jgd@gmail.com and the name attached was MANOJIT MUKHERJEE.

Please see the original screenshot of the email below:

Moderators please be aware of this and if negative trust is added to my account I trust you to act accordingly.

0.01BTC, laughable.

His address http://blockr.io/address/info/1HpKWsnU9oov7BDimWLpXfvEphE3iCjCcw

No transactions.

Not a very successful blackmailer.

With not much investigation, simply searched the email address on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/manojit.mukherjee.16?fref=ts

Hello Blackmailer  Grin

I cannot believe he used his real name and email address, utter stupidity.

Also some advice, anyone who falls victim to this or is threatened with blackmail, NEVER PAY, once you pay they will ask for more and more.

Blackmails > Leaves information out publicly > Gets caught
I've dealt with many scammers, and I've managed to turn some around by teaching them better ways to make money. Most of them say they scam because they don't have money, but considering the fact that this guy is old enough to actually apply for a job makes this worse.
He can get a job, but he decides to be lazy & make $3 threatening other people.
Shame what this world has come to
allyouracid
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:26:53 PM

Especially in India, applying for a job and actually getting a job (which pays well and doesn't constantly put your life in danger) are two very different things.

It doesn't make blackmailing right, but it's something to consider. There are lots of poor, desperate people. Don't fall for that "India is the next big economy" crap.

SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 02:29:11 PM

Especially in India, applying for a job and actually getting a job (which pays well) are two very different things.

I am from the UK and the irony here is I live with an Indian dude from Mumbai who is an intergrated systems engineer and has worked for the likes of FIAT in India.

Nothing wrong with the people I meet from India, but it seems the ones with internet connections are dangerous lol
Robertt

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:34:56 PM

Especially in India, applying for a job and actually getting a job (which pays well) are two very different things.

I am from the UK and the irony here is I live with an Indian dude from Mumbai who is an intergrated systems engineer and has worked for the likes of FIAT in India.

Nothing wrong with the people I meet from India, but it seems the ones with internet connections are dangerous lol

Funny thing is, the ones with jobs are the ones who worked for it and don't waste their time online scamming other innocent people. There are so many scammers on this forum, and every time they scam someone they just act like its nothing and leave. The forum would be much better if it blocked IP's from specific countries that are causing problems, like Hackforums. Scammer rate went from like 60% to 10% although they are probably not going to do this
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 02:37:28 PM

Funny thing is, the ones with jobs are the ones who worked for it and don't waste their time online scamming other innocent people. There are so many scammers on this forum, and every time they scam someone they just act like its nothing and leave. The forum would be much better if it blocked IP's from specific countries that are causing problems, like Hackforums. Scammer rate went from like 60% to 10% although they are probably not going to do this

I know that entire countries have been blocked from faucets before and airdrops etc. because of attempts at double dipping.
Robertt

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:39:54 PM

I know that entire countries have been blocked from faucets before and airdrops etc. because of attempts at double dipping.

I should have banned entire countries. My faucet lost 0.05 BTC in two days, and after looking at the statistics it looks like most of the claims were from the same people farming the faucet/botting it. Pathetic.
Most of the traffic was from India & Russia (repeat traffic)
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 02:43:03 PM

I should have banned entire countries. My faucet lost 0.05 BTC in two days, and after looking at the statistics it looks like most of the claims were from the same people farming the faucet/botting it. Pathetic.
Most of the traffic was from India & Russia (repeat traffic)

Also people turning their mobiles off and on to attain a new IP address.
Armando

Activity: 870

Trading will make me rich)

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:58:39 PM

Especially in India, applying for a job and actually getting a job (which pays well and doesn't constantly put your life in danger) are two very different things.

It doesn't make blackmailing right, but it's something to consider. There are lots of poor, desperate people. Don't fall for that "India is the next big economy" crap.

Well, this can be said about almost any country besides the ones from Western Europe, North America, and Australia with Japan =)
allyouracid
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:00:09 PM

Well, this can be said about almost any country besides the ones from Western Europe, North America, and Australia with Japan =)
Yep, you're absolutely right. Those living in the non affected countries tend to forget that, sometimes. It's not good, and we should keep in mind that this should not be taken for granted.

Robertt

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:01:36 PM

.edit:

Either way, shouldn't encourage them. No idea what he's going to do with $3.
Off topic;  I like your bitcoin address Wink
1FuckUpmVUxwHZH1vkLNkEYB8dTvsS782E
allyouracid
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:39:19 PM

.edit:

Either way, shouldn't encourage them. No idea what he's going to do with $3.
Off topic;  I like your bitcoin address Wink
1FuckUpmVUxwHZH1vkLNkEYB8dTvsS782E
Oh, such a coincidence, it contains "key"! I guess nobody would do that on purpose, would he? Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: