Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:43:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing in alternate cryptocurrencies?  (Read 1411 times)
Rotator (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 01:08:19 PM

Alternate cryptocurrencies with potential?
    Where to invest money?
      Give a good advice to newbie..
Rotator (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 01:24:40 PM

l dont know where to invest but safe.
Alts?

How are alts safe? The safest one I know are PoS alts, I suggest to take a look at DMD Diamond, been using it for almost 18 months, it has brought me nothing but profit. Also, its reward is about the get halved, so the price will probably keep going up due to reduced supply.
Thanks for suggestion!
Richard1972x

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 01:30:26 PM

I'm also quite new here. Bought my first Bitcoin in summer last year.
Was always thinking Bitcoin is the only digitial currency. But with time I got more active and have had also a look at Altcoins.
So I bought some Nxt, because I like the client there. It was very easy to install the wallet. Unfortunately the price has dropped since I bought. But at the moment there seems to be a bottom of around 6-7 million market value.

Some of the Nxt developers created a new Crypto-Project, called IOTA. It's a crypto for using in the Internet-of-Things. I think this is a very interesting idea and I invested there in the pre-sale. The official launch will be in some weeks, looking forward to it. Probably this can be an interesting coin for you, I guess it will be listed at the exchanges soon.

Rotator (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 01:33:59 PM

I heard a lot negative about those presale coins..ICO?
They are in most cases a scams.
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 01:47:29 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 02:24:51 PM by lordoliver

You can never be sure, which one will be pushed or dumped next.
If you don't know anything and don't want to research, but want to invest, buy either only BTC or maybe all TOP 30(?) altcoins like stock index does.
Some will plunge, some will grow, but the combination will grow.
That said you should research yourself. The people here will suggest you only coins, they want to dump on you ;-)

I personally sit mostly on BTC, ETH, Factom, NEM, NXT, IOTA, XCR, XMR, XLM. I also had a few DASH before I lost them on the cryptsy platform. Probably will buy some again...
Richard1972x

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:02:04 PM

I heard a lot negative about those presale coins..ICO?
They are in most cases a scams.

Yeah, but think about this: Nxt and Ethereum have both done ICOs and it was a big success. Especially for Ethereum.
Probably they will be in front of Litecoin by end of this week.

So ICO = scam is not really the truth. The guys that are building IOTA are even known by their real name. It also seems to be that they have a good reputation in the community. But of course, you don't know if this system works. It's the first crytocoin without a Blockchain what could bring some risks.

If you want to buy the Top20 of all Altcoins with just one trade you should think about investing in Coinoindex: http://coinoindex.com/
Nix uptrend since some weeks.

mudiko

Activity: 321

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:10:24 PM

Where to invest money?
In long term it is hard to say something, because often alt-coins cause loss. For short term you should be well informed about this industry and keep looking around for some good opportunity. People often dont share what they are pretty sure about, because they don't want to throw some of their potential income away. Manipulations are everywhere. Keep learning and analyze for yourself to have the best solution.
lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:15:26 PM

If you want to buy the Top20 of all Altcoins with just one trade you should think about investing in Coinoindex: http://coinoindex.com/

I don't know. I would like to invest in something like an index, but how could I trust this one?
Poloniex just made a database entry and put it on the nxt asset exchange, where you can buy it, isn't that?
Where is the proof of the actual holdings?
bep42

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:16:18 PM

Where to invest money?
In long term it is hard to say something, because often alt-coins cause loss. For short term you should be well informed about this industry and keep looking around for some good opportunity. People often dont share what they are pretty sure about, because they don't want to throw some of their potential income away. Manipulations are everywhere. Keep learning and analyze for yourself to have the best solution.

+1

Many people trade altcoins for their "short term" potential.
I mean, they make BTC with altcoins and try to keep some BTC to expect a big rise in the next years
Richard1972x

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:33:43 PM

I don't know. I would like to invest in something like an index, but how could I trust this one?
Poloniex just made a database entry and put it on the nxt asset exchange, where you can buy it, isn't that?
Where is the proof of the actual holdings?

That's a good question. I'm not so into it that I can 100% solve this in a proper way. I think it highly depends how safe the Nxt-Network is. And you need to trust the guys they have created that index. So it's some risk, like if you have your BTC at a Altcoinexchange. At least they are around since some months. I think you can get this directly at Poloniex without the Nxt-client at your hard disk.

Lutzow

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:38:22 PM

Try to get alt coins with potential maybe top 5. Invest some $100 each then wait for one of them to skyrocket. If 3 of those alt coins doubled its price then you're in a gain. There's even a chance that some of them could multiply in 10 like a 10 cent coin could go to $1 each!

Rotator (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:43:47 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=923995.0
What do you think about this one?
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 03:23:37 PM

If you havent bought ethereum yet you need your head examined.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
Rotator (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:13:04 PM

I don't know SDC, MONERO, DASH looking good at this moment..
Geocoin especially..
lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:26:18 PM

will this be a geocoin promotion thread?
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:47:59 PM

Everyone recommends which is ever shitcoin(s) they happen to be bagholding, so this thread is basically useless.

If you want to learn about the technologies and become a more informed investor, make sure you read every post of mine. Sorry knowledge isn't free; it requires effort.

stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 05:26:01 PM

^self proclaimed genius

Why don't you bring out your coin so we can see how all your grandiose ideas work out in real life?

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 05:43:47 PM

The most popular coins like BTC,LTC, Dash are most safe other coins are not always trustful. The price difference between exchanges is possible more something you can get profit with.
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 05:46:12 PM

Everyone recommends which is ever shitcoin(s) they happen to be bagholding, so this thread is basically useless.

If you want to learn about the technologies and become a more informed investor, make sure you read every post of mine. Sorry knowledge isn't free; it requires effort.

I'll prefer to see your C++ code if you don't mind  Smiley
Gillette

Activity: 744

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 07:54:10 PM

Try StealthCoin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=836009

Here is why:
1) It's on the bottom
2) There are rumours that they are going to launch new anonymous tech
3) It has very nice and user friendly wallet