Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:44:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Woo hoo Silver smack down (continued)  (Read 3745 times)
S3052 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2012, 07:55:46 AM

This is to continue the thread after the similar one got locked down.

This is about speculation on Silver prices and discuss technical analysis and fundamentals.

I have made my bet official. Silver will move below 10 USD at least intraday before Dec 31, 2016

As I could not find a reliable link for physical Silver prices, I use paper prices. If someone can help me out with physical silver prices, I will add another bet as promised for physical Silver prices.

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=1044

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2012, 08:25:59 AM

For anyone interested there's a silver investment report for sale for those who many not have studied Silver intently but are curious about investing
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=133066.0

Very possible silver could move to $10 before 2016; but it is also quite likely for it to rise higher than it is now

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
pent

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 25, 2012, 10:22:35 AM

You probably shift bet deadline more far from event deadline - e.g. to summer 2016. Otherwise it is not intersting to bet. In Dec 2016 the result of this bet would be obvious.
S3052 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2012, 11:22:01 AM

You probably shift bet deadline more far from event deadline - e.g. to summer 2016. Otherwise it is not intersting to bet. In Dec 2016 the result of this bet would be obvious.

aren't the odds different the closer it gets to the event deadline? but you may be right. I am not so familiar with this site.

Not even sure if I can change the bet deadline now any more?

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 25, 2012, 03:13:42 PM

This is about speculation on Silver prices and discuss technical analysis and fundamentals.

I have made my bet official. Silver will move below 10 USD at least intraday before Dec 31, 2016

As I could not find a reliable link for physical Silver prices, I use paper prices. If someone can help me out with physical silver prices, I will add another bet as promised for physical Silver prices.

Too bad we can only assume smoothie won't take the other side based on the hissy fit he threw right before he locked the other thread.

"I'm right, you're wrong, and you're not allowed to respond.  Also you're trying to back out, not me."  Lol.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
S3052 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2012, 03:17:55 PM

Too bad we can only assume smoothie won't take the other side based on the hissy fit he threw right before he locked the other thread.

"I'm right, you're wrong, and you're not allowed to respond.  Also you're trying to back out, not me."  Lol.

you are so right. but on the other hand, one person already bet 1 BTC against me in the bet, so its up and running..

Others are invite to join :-)

laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2012, 03:58:46 PM

Such a big difference between paper and physical silver.  Paper silver, yes... it will become worthless when the stock-market crashes. Physical silver @ $10 is laughable. If you are actually suggesting the physical silver will be at $10 US an oz, you are ignorant or just trolling.
S3052 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2012, 04:22:55 PM

Such a big difference between paper and physical silver.  Paper silver, yes... it will become worthless when the stock-market crashes. Physical silver @ $10 is laughable. If you are actually suggesting the physical silver will be at $10 US an oz, you are ignorant or just trolling.

not trolling. I like challenging bets. Silver may go down to 3-4 $ and I don't find it impossible to suggest that physical silver will be worth 2.5 - 3.3 x more during that time.
Anyway, I agree that it is borderline, but as I said, this is a challenging bet and I would not bet the farm on it.
And in any case, I am short Silver since the 34 $ area (as per subscriber newsletter) and will not mind it the crash stops above 10 $ even for paper silver. this will still be a trade of the century

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
December 25, 2012, 07:20:02 PM

If someone can help me out with physical silver prices, I will add another bet as promised for physical Silver prices.

How about:
http://www.apmex.com/Product/156/default.aspx
?

edit: 3 years, 11 months is a way too long wait. I would bet in a shorter term, 8 months max.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 25, 2012, 08:04:26 PM

OP back pedals on the state of the USD by the end of the bet being in tact. He weaseled his way out of the bet by saying if the USD dies or changes im backing then the bet is invalid. I call that bullshit. You can't make a prediction that assumes the USD will exists as it does today and invlidate the bet if the dollar dies.

Physical silver prices should be the cost of 1 silver American eagle coin at ampex, Gainesville, and providence metals without shipping cost. This also means that said bettor will have to buy 1 oz at least of the American silver eagle coin and have it delivered to them and they have to show proof from the dealer that they bought the coin at less than 10 USD.

To confirm a third party can do the purchase with $10uSD escrowed funds.

OP do you accept or are you going to back pedal again?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
December 25, 2012, 08:44:38 PM

A few nice charts to make up your mind  Grin:

creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2012, 08:55:03 PM

Generic rounds should be used as SAEs generally have a premium attached to them.

That said this is a poor bet for the OP even if this adjustment is made. Paper silver is a favorite whipping boy of banksters because they don't hold it. This has allowed them to naked short sell(counterfeit) unlimited quantities of paper silver in the past. This time is drawing to a close however as more and more people have become aware of this obvious manipulation and have taken the contrarian approach and buy on dips.

Then there's the problem with the implied gold to silver ratio if silver(real or counterfeit) returns to $10/Ozt. That would imply a GSR of 165.84, when the current is 55.61 and historical ratio is closer to 15:1. Unless of course gold is expected to give back all of it's bull run gains as well. What do we all think? $556.13/Ozt of gold anytime soon? Note the same banksters own huge piles of the yellow stuff.

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 25, 2012, 11:46:41 PM

bravo conspirosphere.tk

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 05:53:54 AM

smoothie takes trolling to levels never before seen:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131984.msg1420130#msg1420130
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 07:56:50 AM

Cypher and notme,

I am still waiting for you guys to bet. All I see are amateur attempts to distract from the point at hand. Are you both pussies? Lol

Scared? Let's bet. Put your money where your mouth is. Attempting to troll me does little to affect me.

Also locking the thread was because S3XXX refused to answer a legitimate question then when he finally did he backpedaled like a pussy.

Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 08:00:55 AM

OP back pedals on the state of the USD by the end of the bet being in tact. He weaseled his way out of the bet by saying if the USD dies or changes im backing then the bet is invalid. I call that bullshit. You can't make a prediction that assumes the USD will exists as it does today and invlidate the bet if the dollar dies.

Physical silver prices should be the cost of 1 silver American eagle coin at ampex, Gainesville, and providence metals without shipping cost. This also means that said bettor will have to buy 1 oz at least of the American silver eagle coin and have it delivered to them and they have to show proof from the dealer that they bought the coin at less than 10 USD.

To confirm a third party can do the purchase with $10uSD escrowed funds.

OP do you accept or are you going to back pedal again?

Hey NOTME,

If you read this thread you would see my bet and terms with the OP. the bet he listed does not define physical silver prices. I have suggested an option. Being how stupid you are you couldnt see that I've made an offer. Paper silver prices mean nothing to me.

Of course to you, OP, and  cypher-pussy it means everything.

Your precious paper prices. Stocks and other bullshit.  Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

S3052 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 08:05:41 AM

smoothie takes trolling to levels never before seen:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131984.msg1420130#msg1420130

agree. itis fun to watch someone getting so agitated...
I need to sleep and work sometime and that is why I cannot post one second after every smoothie question..

S3052 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 08:14:45 AM

so, smoothie.

why don't you propose your terms of the bet. I am confused with what you are saying.

how much do you want to put in?
what are the conditions?

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 07:52:41 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2012, 08:42:40 PM by smoothie

so, smoothie.

why don't you propose your terms of the bet. I am confused with what you are saying.

how much do you want to put in?
what are the conditions?

Bet: Physical Silver price defined by averaging the price of any 20 generic/govt (they have to be different coin/bar designs) 1 oz 999 silver fine coins or bars on APMEX, Gainesville, or Providence Metals will not go below $10 USD by Dec 31st, 2016 (as it exists today with BS govt backing).

If the price of silver goes below $10 USD for the average price of ANY 20 generic/govt 1 oz 999 silver fine coins or bars on APMEX, Gainesville, or Providence Metals by Dec 31, 2016, YOU WIN.

If it doesn't, I WIN.

If the USD changes in backing or does not exist as it does today (meaning all USD is now backed partially by gold or some other hard asset or another US currency is created or if the USD is modified by chopping off zeros on the bills (LOL)), I WIN.

The average price MUST be calculated with 20 unique designed 1 oz silver 999 fine bars or silver 999 fine coins from those sites. So if intraday your paper price goes to < 10 USD and you can't average with 20 unique silver items THAT ARE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE on those times combined sites, the price doesn't count.

Bet amount: 100 BTC

Let me know if you want to change anything, then I can decide if I want to accept your terms.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 07:57:05 PM

"I'm right, you're wrong, and you're not allowed to respond.  Also you're trying to back out, not me."  Lol.

smoothie takes trolling to levels never before seen:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131984.msg1420130#msg1420130

agree. itis fun to watch someone getting so agitated...
I need to sleep and work sometime and that is why I cannot post one second after every smoothie question..

What is funny is how you did not answer the question after at least a day and a half as I continually asked you to define "physical silver price". You did not think that I would catch that or the fact that the USD might not exist in 4 years eh? ROFL!  Grin Grin Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: