Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:13:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cameron says if you don’t learn English, you may be deported  (Read 1858 times)
a7mos (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:00:23 PM

Britain's Cameron says if you don’t learn English, you may be deported

LONDON — British Prime Minister David Cameron on Monday threatened to deport spouses who don’t learn English as part of a wider government effort to stamp out segregation and tackle radicalization.

Speaking to the BBC, Cameron said that those who speak poor English are “more susceptible to the extremist message.”

Cameron also said the British government would spend £20 million ($28.6 million) on English lessons for women.

While the lessons will be targeted at immigrant woman from “isolated communities,” Cameron highlighted the Muslim community in particular, saying that there were 38,000 Muslim women in the U.K. who don’t speak any English, and 190,000 who spoke poor English.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/01/18/britains-cameron-says-if-you-dont-learn-english-you-may-be-deported/
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 08:07:10 PM

What he's saying makes perfect sense in the context of radical islam, it's not so bad for other countries that don't have these kinds of problems, but if you only understand the language of the people that oppress you and tell you what to believe rather than exposing you to other ideas then it stands to reason that's what you're going to believe, it doesn't matter if you're in a new country, you can still be isolated if you don't know the language and don't know how to communicate with other people.

I can't believe there are twats out there who would criticise him for pointing that out since it's so simple, but then again, I live in this shit hole and know exactly the kind of people that would criticise him, it seems that they've toned down the rhetoric now though because of Cologne but I wouldn't hold me breath because it won't be long since they go around screaming at people again and calling them racist for pointing all this out.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:21:46 PM

Well, if you come in foreign country in order to start new life and you don't even make effort to learn language, how much serious you are?
If you can't communicate you can't work, integrate in society, etc.
I agree with Cameron.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 10:54:06 PM

how about if you don't know english you aren't allowed to come

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 11:01:42 PM

I'm learning Japanese myself so that I can hopefully live properly in Japan one day, so yeah, if you're going to live in a country long term you should learn the language. I don't agree that for most non-violent cultures it's such a problem though that it needs to be a blanket requirement because let's face it, we've got quite a few Poles that have immigrated over here to the UK and they cause absolutely no trouble at all you never hear about problems from others either

However the Arabs and Africans that come over here from predominately Islamic countries constantly cause problems because they're either from war zones or areas that have deep ties to radical Islam or just as bad have Islamic kings ruling them.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 11:52:17 PM

LONDON — British Prime Minister David Cameron on Monday threatened to deport spouses who don’t learn English as part of a wider government effort to stamp out segregation and tackle radicalization.

Speaking to the BBC, Cameron said that those who speak poor English are “more susceptible to the extremist message.”

Cameron also said the British government would spend £20 million ($28.6 million) on English lessons for women.

While the lessons will be targeted at immigrant woman from “isolated communities,” Cameron highlighted the Muslim community in particular, saying that there were 38,000 Muslim women in the U.K. who don’t speak any English, and 190,000 who spoke poor English.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/01/18/britains-cameron-says-if-you-dont-learn-english-you-may-be-deported/
it's ironic, do not have feelings. Great goal but how wrong.
every human being has different abilities we can not force them to be as we want
croato

Activity: 616

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 11:57:37 PM

Cameron is absolutely right. In my opinion, if you are about to settle in some country at least you should talk their language and know their culture. Lot of problems would be prevented that way. When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 01:09:59 AM

It's only an idea so far, I'm waiting to see how it will materialize. Very few people living in the UK don't speak at least some of the language. The PM talks about "poor English", but how do you define it? Some teenage girls who left for Syria were going to school, and they fully understand the language.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 02:47:47 AM

As usual, the left-wing loonies of the Washington Post has exaggerated what Cameron said. It would be a good idea to deport all these illiterate immigrants from Pakistan and Bangladesh back to their native nations. But I don't know how practical is that. Even hardcore criminals from these countries have avoided deportation, by claiming that their home countries are not safe to return.
d-trix

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:54:08 AM

The Muslim men want their women suppressed and not able to take classes to learn English, which would keep them from advancing intellectually and acculturating into English culture. If they don't want their women to acculturate, then don't leave your countries.

You can't have it both ways. And if the only information you hear comes from Islamic sources, yes, you are more likely to become an extremist. England is protecting itself. If you don't like it, go back to your country.
galdur

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 09:10:51 AM

He´s right. If you speak the language you are much more likely to be accepted by the natives. I know this from experience, when you can communicate with someone in your own tongue, everything changes. Color or religion becomes just minor details.

iCeSaiah

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 03:29:41 PM

Well with the coming immigrants it would really be helpful if they can speak English for job opportunities so that they wont just become a liability to the government.

Politically it would just increase the population and the employment rate's gonna go down.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:20:07 PM

He´s right. If you speak the language you are much more likely to be accepted by the natives. I know this from experience, when you can communicate with someone in your own tongue, everything changes. Color or religion becomes just minor details.

Perhaps that is the reason why the Muslim men don't want their women to learn English. In Muslim societies, cases of Muslim men marrying non-Muslim women are very common. In other cases, married Muslim men keep non-Muslim mistresses or concubines in addition to his Muslim wives (especially in Saudi Arabia, Sudan.etc).

However, marriage of Muslim women to non-Muslim men is a taboo. Even if the non-Muslim man expresses his desire to convert to Islam, the permission is granted very rarely. The Muslim clerics argue that if the Muslim women learn English and other "Western" languages such as French and German, the cases of inter-marriages will increase.
sase007

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:26:00 PM

I don't see a problem. I don't really think there is one?

People should at least learn the language if they want to come to the UK!

We don't really want everyone speaking different languages in the UK, that is how people become isolated!

We don't want people to be isolated do we?
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:23:06 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2016, 06:33:52 PM by designerusa

if you want to be part of british community, you should learn how to speak in english.. this is not a racist discrimination ot something.
galdur

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 06:19:51 PM

Perhaps that is the reason why the Muslim men don't want their women to learn English. In Muslim societies, cases of Muslim men marrying non-Muslim women are very common. In other cases, married Muslim men keep non-Muslim mistresses or concubines in addition to his Muslim wives (especially in Saudi Arabia, Sudan.etc).

However, marriage of Muslim women to non-Muslim men is a taboo. Even if the non-Muslim man expresses his desire to convert to Islam, the permission is granted very rarely. The Muslim clerics argue that if the Muslim women learn English and other "Western" languages such as French and German, the cases of inter-marriages will increase.

Yes, I´m sure that you´re on to something there. Inability to communicate with the natives leads to isolation which is probably what many of these people are interested in. And they seem to fear assimilation.

daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 04:33:37 AM

It's only an idea so far, I'm waiting to see how it will materialize. Very few people living in the UK don't speak at least some of the language. The PM talks about "poor English", but how do you define it? Some teenage girls who left for Syria were going to school, and they fully understand the language.
need tangible evidence on these solutions, so everything felt calm and safe
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 3457

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 07:38:23 AM

I think Cameron is right on this one as I can't see what's the purpose of working or even being in a country in which you can't speak the language and have poor communication skills at that's the number one factors into establishing a good relationship with those you work for nor those you try to talk to.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 03:42:26 PM

I think Cameron is right on this one as I can't see what's the purpose of working or even being in a country in which you can't speak the language and have poor communication skills at that's the number one factors into establishing a good relationship with those you work for nor those you try to talk to.
I wonder if the same rules apply if you are a billionaire or multimillionaire living  in London who does not speak English  Huh

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 03:52:50 PM

These days, most people seem to speak American here.

Skedule and math ( don't they know there is more to mathematics than arithmetic). Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: