Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:23:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few holiday words....  (Read 1595 times)
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2012, 06:14:05 PM

Seasons greetings!

On these days, between the holiday of Hanukah, Christmas, winter solstice and new years, all different types of people from all over the world get to reflect on the previous year and the year to come.

Thinking about the year that just ended, I cannot be thankful enough to be apart of a community that does not discriminate, does not hate (besides for the trolls), and does not care where you came from, who you are or your background. All of us work 24/7, with our blood, sweat, and tears to make this world a better place, a place where Bitcoin prevails!

Look how far we have gotten in just the past year. It's insane! We have been thru the fire pit and came out on top!
They have tried to scam us, cheat us, hack us, discredit us, and shut us down. Where are we now?

The price is at $13.30, this time last year it was hovering around $5. Market depth is doing much better, it now costs more money to manipulate the market, an unbelievable sign on strength. We have more exchanges, and more cheap, safe and secure ways to buy Bitcoin from New York City, to the Caribbean islands, Kazakhstan, Finland, Brazil and more!

Now there are hundreds of new Bitcoin companies, and startups. New sites that acept Bitcoin are emerging every day like Wordpress
No longer are we considered juvenile hacker kids looking to launder money and buy drugs online. We have been credited as a real movement tied to real beliefs and ideologies that have been around hundreds of years.

Having said that, I want to convey to you how happy I am and how thankful I am to be apart of this with you all.
I could not ask for a better team of people to share this ride with.

To infinity and beyond!

Happy holidays!

-Charlie

tl;dr - Bitcoin not only survived another year, but excelled greatly. Screw everyone who tries to discredit us, Bitcoin will prevail!
Posted on http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/15ff2s/a_few_holidays_words_from_charlie_shrem_co/

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
December 25, 2012, 06:24:33 PM

+1 Happy Holidays!
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
December 25, 2012, 07:34:14 PM

Seconded.

I hadn't really thought to take stock of 2012 in purely Bitcoin terms, but it's true that we've well and truly ridden out the slings and arrows this year, and that the health of the exchange market in is a fantastic testament to the positive characteristics that have over-trumped any turmoil.

I'd like to add that we've had pretty good press this year:

a major national French Newspaper that ran a full article
Positive (as well as negative) mentions on BBC news website
Business week covering the Iranian angle
ECB report was unexpected but not unwelcome overall
Adam Kokesh does a lot of good promotion (our own etotheipi made an appearance for the crypto-special!)
And of course, plenty from Forbes courtesy of Jon Matonis

No doubt some other stand outs that i've missed off, but they're the most significant for me

Vires in numeris
wannabitcoin

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2012, 08:11:40 PM

Thanks Charlie, Happy holidays to you too. Maybe bitcoin is toy money for some people but as you say this was a good year for it, wordpress was a "pioneer" that will help to bitcoin growth, I'm sure this doesn't end here, despite of companies as Wikipedia look disinterested they'll gradually adopt bitcoin as the mundial currency.

Donations are accepted:
BTC:  1NCrF3F6S6T511dedU1puWXhs1bEVmLuY8
LTC:   LPksBuKVNWvLaiBKG4wDDCF3fqrQoTL7Sg       XRP: rLubad3VQxaeT6qk43jEGPJX7ADkMBkwTM
Isokivi

Activity: 910

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2012, 08:18:05 PM

Hear, hear.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2012, 03:23:24 AM

Smiley

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2012, 03:30:58 AM

Thinking about the year that just ended, I cannot be thankful enough to be apart a part of a community that does not discriminate, does not hate (besides for the trolls), and does not care where you came from, who you are or your background. All of us work 24/7, with our blood, sweat, and tears to make this world a better place, a place where Bitcoin prevails!

FTFY - agree with the sentiments.

I think 2013 is going to be an exciting time for Bitcoiners!

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
gabbergabe

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2012, 10:15:22 AM

thanks man happy holidays and have a good new year!!

2013is gonna be my years guys!!!
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 10:25:30 AM

Happy holidays & Happy New Year.

Wonder what 2013 will bring?

Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 11:03:30 AM

Great words. Bitcoin has achived a lot, but there's still a long way to go, and there's still too many that discriminate against bitcoin.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 02:33:26 PM

there's still too many that discriminate against bitcoin.

lol, let them, I say. They may well ultimately be discriminating against their own prosperity. As long as I can choose to buy an increasing range of the stuff I use day to day in BTC, I'm not that concerned about any naysayers. Money talks.

Vires in numeris
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 07:35:26 PM

there's still too many that discriminate against bitcoin.

lol, let them, I say. They may well ultimately be discriminating against their own prosperity. As long as I can choose to buy an increasing range of the stuff I use day to day in BTC, I'm not that concerned about any naysayers. Money talks.

It's not fun when the discriminators makes it hard to run a bitcoins business. Interfacing with the traditional banking system is a pain in the ass.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: