Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:59:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Solar Powered Miner : From the EverGreenCoin Team  (Read 1683 times)
clayford08 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 07:13:40 AM

The team at EGC is currently developing a solar powered plug and play mining machine. Our goal is to help the environment and also build a profitable atmosphere for EGC community members. Currently, as it stands, you will earn 7% apr on coins staking in your wallet. Our aim is to package this rig with a solar panel, a rechargeable battery (for 24/7 operation), and a Raspberry Pi (running Ubuntu). The wallet will ship with EGC included. The exact amount is yet to be determined. Once you receive your miner, all you will have to do is point it at the sun.  There will be minimal setup required, for members using secure networks. The Pi will ship with a wifi adapter that will need the secure networks password. Here is a couple of screenshots of our test Pi running the new v1.1 wallet.

EverGreenCoin (EGC) - promote and support Environmental Green Causes. http://evergreencoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 01:01:12 PM

I like the idea and I like EGC but I wouldn't call staking mining.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:16:04 PM

EGC have limited POW blocks, so after some this staking will be the only mining method. Anyway, building such effective staking machines is a good idea.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:09:06 PM

ooooOOOOOoooooo

this is an exciting idea. any sort of eta? ball park cost? etc?

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
clayford08 (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 07:07:34 PM

We're still testing our build. Currently, we're trying to cut costs in anyway we can. Our goal is to stay as close to $100 as possible. Thanks for all the interest, guys! 

EverGreenCoin (EGC) - promote and support Environmental Green Causes. http://evergreencoin.org
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 08:51:36 PM

a $100 price point would be damn sexy

so is this going to be a single unit or like a kit of stuff?

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
clayford08 (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 01:48:28 PM

a $100 price point would be damn sexy

so is this going to be a single unit or like a kit of stuff?

It is going to be a single unit. The solar panel will sit on top of the box that holds the pi and the battery pack.

clayford08 (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 01:06:30 AM

Here is the current roadmap for EGC. It displays past, present, and future plans for our community. We'd love to hear any ideas, comments, or concerns.

-Clay

dez82

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 12:28:02 AM

Looking good!

EverGreenCoin faucet! Get some free EverGreenCoin!

http://Coin-Faucet.com/EGC/?r=384
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 02:15:17 AM

Nice idea.  Do it!  And let's hope other projects pick up on the idea and goes green.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
EverGreenCoin
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 05:26:35 AM

EGC have limited POW blocks, so after some this staking will be the only mining method. Anyway, building such effective staking machines is a good idea.

Yes, the device will be PoS mining, not PoW mining. And yes, technically staking is a form of mining as transactions are processed, the blockchain is verified, and rewards are given for doing so. We label it "EverGreenCoin Solar Miner" not "solar staker" because we feel non-technical, non-crypto people might sooner unerstand mining than staking. Mining is a bit older terminology that average people might have heard of and at least understand it as "gaining".

Glad to hear you agree it is a good idea.

EverGreenCoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 05:30:27 AM

Looking good!

Thanks dez! Glad to see you have stuck around! Wink

EverGreenCoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 05:57:00 AM

Nice idea.  Do it!  And let's hope other projects pick up on the idea and goes green.

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm for the project! Smiley It is very welcome motivation.

rimbit

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Rimbit - No mining, just development

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 06:16:15 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2016, 06:30:00 AM by rimbit

We looked at Solar, but the cost of running a Pi was so cheap that it wasnt cost effective, not that it cant be done

We have a running version of the Pi and we run a WebUI that is Open Source (modified for our usage), so feel free to look at the software

I think your idea is fantastic and a complimentary step forward, so feel free to use what you need from us and if we can help your project, just let us know Smiley

Our Pi being tested - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLw0lLQDOhI

We are now developing a custom mini printer, fingerprint reader, scanner for our Pi, which we have named the RimbitPi and we would be happy to share what we can with you, for your coin.

I will upload the Open Source software (over the weekend), that we used to construct our WebUI into our "Resources" area on our forum and please use whatever you need from it Smiley

[ANN] Rimbit --- We removed mining so its just the community and coin --- Click Here
EverGreenCoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 07:44:34 AM

We looked at Solar, but the cost of running a Pi was so cheap that it wasnt cost effective, not that it cant be done

We have a running version of the Pi and we run a WebUI that is Open Source (modified for our usage), so feel free to look at the software

I think your idea is fantastic and a complimentary step forward, so feel free to use what you need from us and if we can help your project, just let us know Smiley

Our Pi being tested - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLw0lLQDOhI

We are now developing a custom mini printer, fingerprint reader, scanner for our Pi, which we have named the RimbitPi and we would be happy to share what we can with you, for your coin.

I will upload the Open Source software (over the weekend), that we used to construct our WebUI into our "Resources" area on our forum and please use whatever you need from it Smiley

Hi rimbit! We do realize that the electrical cost savings will by no means cover a mortgage payment or perhaps even a meal once a month. It is not really intended as "cost saver" device as much as it is a "free resource utilizer" device harnessing the sun's power. That said, as opposed to leaving a computer on 24/7 for the sole purpose of staking, it could be a cost saver in that scenario also.

Your project looks very promising and a similar direction I have been trying to push our project and my team's vision for it. Thank you for your generosity in sharing your code and your enthusiasm for our project. I am sure your work will give us a much needed jump closer to production of the EverGreenCoin Solar Miner. Smiley

rimbit

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Rimbit - No mining, just development

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 11:53:46 AM

@EvergreenCoin
Happy to oblige
It wasnt all smooth sailing, so I hope our tweaks make it easier for you to implement faster for your coin Smiley

[ANN] Rimbit --- We removed mining so its just the community and coin --- Click Here
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 01:46:44 PM

Ah thats why!
clayford08 (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 02:26:15 AM

We wanted to share with you some images of prototype designs we are working on for the EverGreenCoin Solar Miner.

We did want to share some images of another design we are working on but, due to some international logistic problems, that prototype is not "picture ready" yet. The parts have finally arrived earlier today where they need to be and we will share that prototype also just as soon as it is it is assembled.

We are actively perusing many designs and weighting the options to be sure we deliver the best possible finished product to the market. 

grumpytiger211

Activity: 213

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 09:57:01 PM

there was something bought up in the other thread about people that might want there miners outside but dont feel secure because it might get stolen then someone aid something about a gnome i liked it but it got my mind churning so im gona spit it out add things to it maybe it will be cheaper but here we go.

a spaceman like the one evergreencoin has for his icon to sit in the yard or porch. his face or visor could be the solar panels. all the other stuff can go in his stomach and the bottom you can have somewhere to add sand to make it harder to walk off with. the spaceman could probably be molded from a cost effective yet still strong material. added security would be to have a way to track the miner if someone would to walk off with it. example anywhere i log into my google whether phone or laptop i can pull up my account from any computer and see where my phone is for instance i lost it. it will tell me where it is put it on a map and i have options to ring it and it will even ring loud if the phone is on silent or i can also completely lock the phone from a computer so it cant be used.

Buds

Activity: 190

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 10:44:48 PM

there was something bought up in the other thread about people that might want there miners outside but dont feel secure because it might get stolen then someone aid something about a gnome i liked it but it got my mind churning so im gona spit it out add things to it maybe it will be cheaper but here we go.

a spaceman like the one evergreencoin has for his icon to sit in the yard or porch. his face or visor could be the solar panels. all the other stuff can go in his stomach and the bottom you can have somewhere to add sand to make it harder to walk off with. the spaceman could probably be molded from a cost effective yet still strong material. added security would be to have a way to track the miner if someone would to walk off with it. example anywhere i log into my google whether phone or laptop i can pull up my account from any computer and see where my phone is for instance i lost it. it will tell me where it is put it on a map and i have options to ring it and it will even ring loud if the phone is on silent or i can also completely lock the phone from a computer so it cant be used.
Since you liked my gnome idea and mentioned spaceman and the evergreen logo I just had to google "Space Suit Gnome"...  Grin

With some custom colours and the Evergreen Logo I could see it working nicely...

On a side note a fully customised gnome based on the Evergreen spaceman logo would be awesome as well but would most likely be quite costly .

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: