Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:17:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think all of the constant fights over size and forks hurt bitcoin?
Yes - 6 (54.5%)
No - 1 (9.1%)
Maybe - 0 (0%)
Yes but need to be done - 2 (18.2%)
No we need to calmly discuss it - 2 (18.2%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deleted  (Read 431 times)
kingcolex (OP)

Activity: 254
Merit: 1258

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:04:40 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2023, 06:41:55 PM by kingcolex

Local Heads

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:10:09 PM

What do you think? I personally think all of this fighting makes Bitcoin really scarey to many investors and potential users, the idea of people on the internet fighting could change the way your digital money works or how much it is worth isn't exactly what everyone had in mind.

Actually I think it helps us. Bitcoin was made to be changeable it it became important, we are trying to figure out if it is important yet. A small dip in price is not a big deal... I've been holding coins for nearly 3 years now. Didn't sell on the ramp up, or the ramp down.

All this is actually doing in my opinion is building a base. It's going to take off again soon.  I really don't care anything able these small details, to me all that matters is that bitcoin matters to so many people we can have passionate fights about it. It's that valuable and interesting now.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 06:07:21 PM

not anymore, there was already the time for the hard fork drama, and the market was hit like it was now, remember we were at 300 somehow and we dropped at 200 again

it will not happen again, you can not instigate panic selling on the same subject twice...so next step is probably thinking of another bad news to drive the price down, i'm guessing what it will be...
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 11:01:12 PM

I think it is a good thing so far that it polarizes and every bitcoiner comes out to fight for what he thinks is right. Because everyone sees this as an existencial threat to bitcoin at all.

I think the solution will follow inevitable. Even with Lightning network coming out it is clear that there is no way around raising blocksize. At least as long as you don't want bitcoiners turning away from bitcoin. Before that happens they will take a client who promises to solve things.

I think that outcome is totally unavoidable since core won't change.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: