Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:18:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized Data Storage Cloud on the Blockchain...  (Read 1104 times)
box0214 (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 05:10:40 AM

Ummmm.. just made some time to install the latest nxt client. i'm still dumbfounded by why this isn't in the top 5... seriously, wth is wrong around here...

i can forsee a decentralized piratebay torrent site arise out of this.  Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 07:21:20 AM

Where is the white paper and specification?

There are many details involved in judging whether it is robust and could be relied upon.

e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 07:28:37 AM

Isn't there some Megaupload followup offering the Cloud storage for free?
Hachoir

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 07:29:15 AM

Size of the files that can be uploaded is limited to 42 kb

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
LINKBUILD asset • Join crowdfunding Linkbuilding.io • Dividend+commission+signature-rewards
Hachoir

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 08:32:24 AM

More info here :
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-nxt-great-2-data-cloud-bas-wisselink?forceNoSplash=true

LINKBUILD asset • Join crowdfunding Linkbuilding.io • Dividend+commission+signature-rewards
box0211

Activity: 165
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 03:42:51 PM

what can you do with 42 kb. I guess if it's any more the block chain with be huge. maybe a decentralized Craigslist since most post are under 42kb
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 05:14:54 PM

That is not a specification of the economics and technical design.

Hachoir

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 06:40:17 PM

I never said it was.

But if you browse that link there are more details in a changelog from a previous release http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Nxt_Software_Change_Log#Version_1.5.3e
    This update adds the Prunable Tagged Data feature, planned to be enabled at the voting system block too.
    Prunable tagged data are similar to prunable plain messages with no recipient, but with additional searchable metadata fields added. This feature can be used for decentralized and trustless distribution of small (up to 42k, including the metadata) pieces of data, which are by default stored for two weeks only (24h on testnet), but can optionally be stored longer or indefinitely by some nodes, and can be verified against the blockchain even after their expiration.
    Currently each tagged data can have the following fields, in addition to the data itself: name (required), description, tags, type, isText, filename.
    Name, description and tags are indexed and searchable using Lucene. All data and metadata is prunable, after pruning only a single 32 byte hash remains.
    Fee for either uploading or extending tagged data is based on the total data size (including metadata), and is 1 NXT for up to 1k bytes, 0.1 NXT for each 1k above, up to the limit of 42k.

New APIs:

UploadTaggedData - create and broadcast new tagged data.
    ExtendTaggedData - extend the expiration time of already uploaded tagged data. If the data is still available, only the transaction id is needed. If not, already pruned data can be resurrected by including (in addition to the original transaction id) all of its fields too, i.e. name, description, etc. Anyone can submit an extension, not only the original uploader. Each extend transaction increases the expiration deadline by two weeks (24 h on testnet). Extending an existing tagged data from another account does not change the original submitter account id by which it is indexed and searchable.
    VerifyTaggedData - used to verify expired tagged data downloaded from another node, against the hash in the current blockchain.
    SearchTaggedData - full text search on name, tags, and description, optionally filtered by submitter account.
    GetTaggedData - retrieve tagged data by transaction id.
    GetAccountTaggedData - retrieve all tagged data submitted by a given account.
    GetAllTaggedData - retrieve all existing tagged data.
    GetDataTags - returns the distinct tags of all tagged data, with the number of data having each tag.
    GetDataTagsLike - prefix search of data tags.
    GetDataTagCount - the total number of distinct tags.
    All the Get* and Search* APIs above can only retrieve tagged data that has not been pruned yet.
Currently the pruning of tagged data is controlled by the same configuration properties that are used for prunable messages expiration.
Same as with prunable messages, when using broadcastTransaction API to submit an already signed tagged data upload transaction, the prunable parts must be in the prunableAttachmentJSON parameter in case transactionBytes parameter is used. If submitting transactionJSON, it already has the prunable parts.

1.7.4 provides a UI for this feature.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 08:07:56 PM

I have respect for some (former and active) Nxt devs (e.g. Come-from-Beyond and jl777), but I think they need to write better specifications. I have personally told this to jl777.

What you have above is very incomplete.

At this time, I am trying to figure out which group I should be working with.

sadface

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 09:27:49 AM

I have respect for some (former and active) Nxt devs (e.g. Come-from-Beyond and jl777), but I think they need to write better specifications. I have personally told this to jl777.

cfb is currently not working on nxt and jl777 was never a nxt dev. cfb is working on iota and some other stuff and jl777 is working on the supernet project.
for quite a long time Jean-Luc has been the lead developer for nxt. if you want to get in touch with the dev team its probably best to head over to nxtforum.org
Hachoir

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:39:52 AM

You can look in the nxt wiki or contact the author

anon__

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:52:33 AM

It is clearly incomplete. Outside developers mostly need the Nxt API documents, and they are easy to understand.

The next big feature is child chains. There is no specification for that, but the developers seem to be able to produce working code without specifications.

box0214 (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:27:33 PM

It is clearly incomplete. Outside developers mostly need the Nxt API documents, and they are easy to understand.

The next big feature is child chains. There is no specification for that, but the developers seem to be able to produce working code without specifications.

do you think they had this all planned out already?
anon__

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 09:52:16 PM

do you think they had this all planned out already?

No, but I don't have any inside information.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: