Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:20:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about Blockchain  (Read 693 times)
frank.3898b (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 07:02:40 AM

Hello, I have a question about blockchain.info
I know I can make multi wallets on the same account. but can anybody know that these wallets are related to the same account ??
Thanks Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 08:16:00 AM

[ size=16pt]Hello, I have a question about blockchain.info
I know I can make multi wallets on the same account. but can anybody know that these wallets are related to the same account ??
Thanks Smiley[/size]

What do you mean with "multi wallets"? Multiply addresses, multi-sig? An account with blockchain.info is an online wallet.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 08:27:59 AM

multi wallet is not possible in the way you do it with a client for example, creating a whole separate wallet.dat(not talking about address, and no it's not the same thing...)

but with online wallet you need to have more account for that
rajat08

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 08:38:06 AM

Thanks Smiley

I think by multi wallets he meant to say -"multiple address"  in same wallet which is feature on blockchain wallets. I don't know the answer of the question that can anybody know all address are related to same wallet.
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 09:44:23 AM

multi wallet is not possible in the way you do it with a client for example, creating a whole separate wallet.dat(not talking about address, and no it's not the same thing...)

but with online wallet you need to have more account for that
I saw that coins fly from one address to another periodically.
Don't know if they can be achieved automatically but it is good security precaution?
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4461

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 09:52:12 AM

Thanks Smiley

if you send funds out, that have combined amounts from different addresses.. then these addresses will appear on the transaction.. so as long as you are sure what funds you are sending to who and can separate it so that your not combining funds you dont want combined.. then no one will know that the funds are linked.

i dont think blockchain.info can let you play around with what origin funds (inputs) to use so if your blockchain.info total balance is the combined total of many wallets. then automatically assume it will send the whole lot out in one go, revealing all the addresses linked to that total.

maybe best to have more then one blockchain.info/wallet login and keep it completely separate, just to be sure

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 09:56:49 AM

They can if you make a payment with inputs from several of your addresses, one can see in a block explorer those addresses in belong to the same wallet.

To avoid this you should use Coin Control or Shared Coin.

Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 11:22:07 AM

Thanks Smiley

The question is what do you want to achieve by creating multi wallets? Because if you want to create more addresses you can do it within one wallet.
If you want to keep your fund separate the best option is to create another account and new wallet, it will improve your security.
And if you want to send coins without your addresses interfere with each other use Coin Control option.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 11:24:42 AM

Thanks Smiley[/size]
I think by multi wallets he meant to say -"multiple address"  in same wallet which is feature on blockchain wallets. I don't know the answer of the question that can anybody know all address are related to same wallet.

AFAIK blockchain.info offers some limited "coin control" by letting you choose a "sending address". Its probably hidden among the "advanced" features.

jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 11:26:28 AM

Thanks Smiley

Maybe he was asking about creating multiple accounts thus, multiple wallets. If those wallets contains transactions then it can be traced by it's IP addres so I think it is possible to know if those wallets belongs to a single person.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 11:51:48 AM

Thanks Smiley[/size]

Maybe he was asking about creating multiple accounts thus, multiple wallets. If those wallets contains transactions then it can be traced by it's IP addres so I think it is possible to know if those wallets belongs to a single person.

Well if IP tracking is an issue for you, dont use blockchain.info or use it over Tor. A transaction itself has no IP info attached to it.

Master_dandosha

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

IF YOU Enjoy Trade with ME ..PUT Feedback Please

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 01:50:59 PM

Thanks Smiley

Difficult Question really i cannot understand what you are trying to say But i would say all multiple-address you create under you accounts are related to the same account . But do not forget to sign them in different way and enabling 2factor Auth,

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
frank.3898b (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 04:06:51 PM

Thank you everybody for answering. Yes I mean multiple addresses. Sorry if it wasn't clear. And I got the answer from most of you especially from "franky1" : if you send funds out, that have combined amounts from different addresses.. then these addresses will appear on the transaction.. so as long as you are sure what funds you are sending to who and can separate it so that your not combining funds you dont want combined.. then no one will know that the funds are linked.
Thanks everybody  Smiley
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 05:24:08 PM

[ size=18pt]Thank you everybody for answering. Yes I mean multiple addresses. Sorry if it wasn't clear. And I got the answer from most of you especially from "franky1" : if you send funds out, that have combined amounts from different addresses.. then these addresses will appear on the transaction.. so as long as you are sure what funds you are sending to who and can separate it so that your not combining funds you dont want combined.. then no one will know that the funds are linked.
Thanks everybody  Smiley
[/size]

I just checked, you can select from which address blockchain.info is using inputs.

Open your wallet and click -> Send Money -> Custom

There is a from box, where you can select from your addresses that have received funds.

You can also use "Shared Coin" which combines your transaction with that of others in order to hide your address among those of others.

sishendaoye

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 06:47:03 PM

If you have multiple addresses on your account then you are able to select as to which wallet you want to use the btc from. It's very easy to do and use if you look in the right direction of the site.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: