Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:44:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the most interesting piece of software since Bitcoin...  (Read 5007 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 02:39:17 PM

glad i just found this thread.

i was blogging the sites Calculated Risk & the Implode O Meter websites back in 2007 and thru the financial crisis to present.  these were arguably 2 of the most prescient, balanced, and economically savvy financial blogs on the Internet at the time.

leading up to the housing and stock market plunge there was a blogger named Sebastian and a coupla of his colleagues that were perpetual bulls on stocks and the economy.  this was in spite of irrefutable evidence to the contrary. all the way down to the bottom. he never denied direct accusations to his being a hired gun and i don't know if he is still hanging out on those sites but he and others are why i am so sensitive to what i perceive as blogging trolls here on this site.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheGer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 04:34:52 PM

This is a wise point of view.  They are here, and everyone should be aware of it.  They will ofcourse try and hide but they are easily spotted when actively doing their "job".

They are even reading this thread lol.

Hi!
Jaime Frontero (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 04:50:59 PM

This is a wise point of view.  They are here, and everyone should be aware of it.  They will ofcourse try and hide but they are easily spotted when actively doing their "job".

Hi!

yes.  you're correct.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 04:57:34 PM

I for one am grateful for the artificial suppression of prices. I thought my window of opportunity was closed, but I've had an entire extra month to build my stack. 

Truth escapes. Any, ANY attempt to suppress it will ultimately fail and likely backfire as well. You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
elk-tamer

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 05:03:28 PM

Hi!
This all sounds like paranoid BS to me. If they are here and easily spotted then point them out.
kloinko1n

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 05:09:30 PM

I for one am grateful for the artificial suppression of prices. I thought my window of opportunity was closed, but I've had an entire extra month to build my stack. 

Truth escapes. Any, ANY attempt to suppress it will ultimately fail and likely backfire as well. You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.
Why would anybody suppress the price artificially?
I only know of the banksters who would have an interest in suppressing prices in order to make/keep the dollar look good  Tongue
kloinko1n

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 05:10:19 PM

[snip>
If they are here and easily spotted then point them out.
Maybe you're one of 'them'  Cheesy
joepie91

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 05:15:06 PM

If you want to do research on this, this would be a good place to start: http://wiki.echelon2.org:8090/wiki/Main_Page

Very extensive information about all this, companies related to HBGary, and still ongoing research.

Like my post(s)? 12TSXLa5Tu6ag4PNYCwKKSiZsaSCpAjzpu Smiley
Quote from: hawks5999
I just can't wait for fall/winter. My furnace never generated money for me before. I'll keep mining until my furnace is more profitable.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 05:16:14 PM

Hi!
This all sounds like paranoid BS to me. If they are here and easily spotted then point them out.

There may be a grain of truth to this, but I really think any sockpuppet trolls are much more likely to originate from non-governmental sources.  The Government can't even deliver the mail, for Christ's sake. People tend to drastically overestimate the State's capabilities. Can't guard a border. Can't stop drug trade. Can't stop IP piracy. can't stop prostitution, polygamy or illegal gambling. Hell, they can't even balance their own books.

It took them ten years to find a six-foot-six fugitive hooked up to a dialysis machine. Their agents are more Maxwell Smart than James Bond. They crash their planes more often than civilian pilots. They've outspent Al Qaida and the Taliban 1000:1 in Afghanistan and they're losing. Friendly fire kills almost as many U.S. Soldiers as enemy fire.  They can't even go into space anymore without help from Russia.

Uncle Sam has jumped the shark. He's yesterday's emperor and he wears no clothes.

insert coin here:

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 05:18:32 PM

Why would anybody suppress the price artificially?
I only know of the banksters who would have an interest in suppressing prices in order to make/keep the dollar look good  Tongue

By sowing FUD, they would unintentionally suppress while actually intending to kill the project outright. That's why banksters are more likely suspects than government agents. 

insert coin here:

kloinko1n

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 05:48:25 PM

[snip>
There may be a grain of truth to this, but I really think any sockpuppet trolls are much more likely to originate from non-governmental sources.  The Government can't even deliver the mail, for Christ's sake. People tend to drastically overestimate the State's capabilities. Can't guard a border. Can't stop drug trade. Can't stop IP piracy. can't stop prostitution, polygamy or illegal gambling. Hell, they can't even balance their own books.

It took them ten years to find a six-foot-six fugitive hooked up to a dialysis machine. Their agents are more Maxwell Smart than James Bond. They crash their planes more often than civilian pilots. They've outspent Al Qaida and the Taliban 1000:1 in Afghanistan and they're losing. Friendly fire kills almost as many U.S. Soldiers as enemy fire.  They can't even go into space anymore without help from Russia.

Uncle Sam has jumped the shark. He's yesterday's emperor and he wears no clothes.

Wow! I love this!  Cool
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 06:48:50 PM

[snip>

Wow! I love this!  Cool

Thanks! donation address in my sig.

insert coin here:

kloinko1n

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 06:57:12 PM

Thanks! donation address in my sig.
Sorry, MtGox confiscated all my ƀ and USD in my accounts with them  Cry
eyal

Activity: 60
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 07:03:47 PM

The trolls here are so obvious that I'm starting to think that they are actually doing a good job driving mentally weak and fearful people OUT of the market. After all, its not a good idea to have such power in the hands of the mentally weak - and being an early bitcoin adopter is going to translate to a lot of power as time goes by.

Every time there is a sell-off - I'm happy knowing that more bitcoins have just moved From the hands of the non-believers, mentally weak and fearful - to the hands of the brave and visionaries, who understand that the value will continue to climb in the long term.

Bitcoin might revive my belief in the free market after all...

http://bancor.network - A Hierarchical Monetary System and the Foundation of a Global Decentralized Autonomous Exchange
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2011, 07:48:04 AM

These systems are well known in the activist community for years. I have personally encountered these individuals even years ago. Anyone who is telling themselves that this is not happening needs to pull their head out of their ass and actually research it - not just decide its foolish and leave it at that because you are so smart & you would know. They aren't even pretending it isn't happening any more. These programs are a matter of public record. One big flag is their use of the classic logical fallacies ( http://web.cn.edu/kwheeler/fallacies_list.html ), as well as the exact parroting of the state party line story on any given subject. It is effective in most cases, but very transparent if you are looking for it.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: