Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 10:24:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: a few questions  (Read 461 times)
mathgirl (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2012, 12:10:29 AM

I just got started today and i have a few questions on running my systems.

i am sitting on a bunch of servers(at data centers) and a bunch of boxes at home. my main has a radeon hd 5770 with an i7 that has 12 threads and currently running under 80c for the GUP is that bad? im getting 180 mhash/s.

if i want to add more machines to GUIMiner what do i need to install to all the other machines to tie them all together it all goes to my bitcoin address.

how are bitcoin addresses assigned? is it by computer? do you have to sign up somewhere to get one? is it the one under recieve coins?
BookLover

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

^Bitcoin Library of Congress.

View Profile
December 27, 2012, 01:07:18 AM

i am sitting on a bunch of servers(at data centers) and a bunch of boxes at home. my main has a radeon hd 5770 with an i7 that has 12 threads and currently running under 80c for the GUP is that bad? im getting 180 mhash/s.
Do you mean GPU?  GPU's aren't efficient enough to make a profit mining; the cost of electricity is greater than the value of the bitcoins earned.  It would be more cost effective and easier to buy some bitcoins.

if i want to add more machines to GUIMiner what do i need to install to all the other machines to tie them all together it all goes to my bitcoin address.
Are you mining solo or on a pool?  Either way you will need to install guiminer on every machine you plan to mine with.  Then, if your mining in a pool, configure all of them to mine on your pool account.  Or, if you are mining solo,  point all of them towards your bitcoin client (you only need to run this on one computer).

how are bitcoin addresses assigned? is it by computer? do you have to sign up somewhere to get one? is it the one under recieve coins?
I'm going to assume you are using the "official" bitcoin client (Bitcoin-QT).  Bitcoin addresses are not assigned and they are complete independent of the computer.  Bitcoin addresses are "generated" by the bitcoin client.  You can create as many bitcoin addresses as you want and each address is independent of all the others.  Yes you can create more bitcoin addresses under the recieve coins tab, I believe the button is labeled "create new receiving address".

I hope this answers your questions, feel free to post if you any other questions, but most questions should be easily answered by searching the forum.

btctalk

Activity: 137
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2012, 05:02:59 AM

first got to bitcoin.org and get the client or google instawallet and sign up - both would give you a bitcoin address

then if you have that much computing power you can only profit from those which you are not going to pay the power bill for.

now search p2pool, this would solve your problem with getting all your machines together to mine, there is a great guide on how to install and run a p2pool on this forum, you just have to search.

Persian Blockchain Podcast: https://shiryakhat.net
Super Bitcoiner Club http://superbitcoiner.com
Persian Blockchain Community - http://coiniran.com - http://fb.com/IranBitcoin
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 4715

View Profile
December 27, 2012, 05:13:24 AM

. . . first got to bitcoin.org and get the client or google instawallet and sign up - both would give you a bitcoin address . . .
Or Electrum, or blockchain.info, or get the vanity address generator, or use one of the paper wallet generating programs, or brainwallet.org (if you trust them), or any of several other ways of generating an address and the associated private key.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: