Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:10:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So the bitcoin classic (2MB) coup was compromised?  (Read 7376 times)
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 10:16:31 AM

As a result of the Beijing conference, the mining farm agrees to stick with bitcoin core and 1M plan.
Apparently they couldn't afford to lose the user base and the risk of their ASICs being rendered useless.

bitcoin酱:矿工缩了
http://8btc.com/thread-28217-1-1.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GermanGiant

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:34:10 AM

So, what is written here is wrong ?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cg9Qo9Vl5PdJYD4EiHnIGMV3G48pWmcWI3NFoKKfIzU/
watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:39:08 AM

Do not visit the document from GermanGiant, you will be tracked by USA.

USA FBI or some agency take over site "Reddit".

Organized group by U.S.A banks is posting to "Reddit" to convince everybody that hard fork must happen.

USA Newspaper washingtonpost.com posting propaganda that Bitcoin is failed and dead.

Mike Hearn developer join the side of USA banker to create Bitcoin alternative R3CEV
GermanGiant

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:43:03 AM

Organized group by U.S.A banks is posting to "Reddit" to convince everybody that hard fork must happen.

USA Newspaper washingtonpost.com posting propaganda that Bitcoin is failed and dead.

Mike Hearn developer join the side of USA banker to create Bitcoin alternative R3CEV
You are a psychopath. Angry
watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:44:06 AM

Satoshi Nakamoto will return. Mark my words.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:48:08 AM

As crazy as it sounds there might be grain of truth in this. After all bitcoin is not convenient for banks, government and other centralized organisations.
I wouldn't be surprised than Haern did something like that at all, he want to have power. And bitcoin is a collective entity, his words were ignored.
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 03:53:32 PM

What he is saying might actually be true. They are trying to convince people to dump their BTC so the price crashes and it becomes useless.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 03:55:18 PM

i was aware that basically every chinese farm out there is pro 2mb change, you can even see so in the wiki info

are they against segwit too? because at this point, they are the only one hindering bitcoin
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 04:01:57 PM

As crazy as it sounds there might be grain of truth in this. After all bitcoin is not convenient for banks, government and other centralized organisations.

The above is pure FUD.  R3 is not a Bitcoin alternative.  It is not a peer to peer currency whatsoever.

I think banker conspiracies against Bitcoin are limited to Jamie Dimon putting out negative press.
Some banks may not like it but it will be a long time before it actually threatens their business,
and there's no evidence to suggest any meaningful conspiracy.

Sir Lagsalot

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

The lion roars!

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 04:16:49 PM

As a result of the Beijing conference, the mining farm agrees to stick with bitcoin core and 1M plan.
Apparently they couldn't afford to lose the user base and the risk of their ASICs being rendered useless.

Would you please tell us who said what? And which mining farm they represent? The site has gone down and taken the image with it.

akumaburn

Activity: 281

The Gold Standard of Digital Currency.

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 04:56:25 PM

People need to stop following the banksters plans and start following their own understanding.
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 05:23:01 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

-hey guys would you support our new Bitcoin fork that renders all your hardware useless?  We know you will lose millions of dollars but its for the best really...

LOL!

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 05:27:10 PM

is the first part of you posting the translation from the text in the picture?
dannygroove

Activity: 306

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 06:00:02 PM

When did this Beijing conference happen? What did I miss?
CoinAwesome

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

CoinAwesome.com & WeTipCoins.com

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 06:08:19 PM

Who the fuck is China? A dictatorship enslaving most of its citizens, executing thousands each year. We should definitely listen to them.

★ CoinAwesome.com ★the new way to pay with a smile
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 06:08:43 PM

I'm hope the Chinese decide to stick with Core. I think we need to address the "Core" of the problem instead of splintering off into factions.
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 06:13:19 PM

There are more people in China then any other country on this planet why shouldn't they have the majority of the hashing power? The US government or the Russian or the British are just as likely to crack down on bitcoin mining farms as the Chines Government.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 06:53:16 PM

I'm hope the Chinese decide to stick with Core. I think we need to address the "Core" of the problem instead of splintering off into factions.

Any attempt by core to pick up the pieces and get back on track will be a too little too late act of desperation similar to the content of the OP. Those who think core continuing with their fiasco will somehow be a boon for say goldcoin or litecoin or crypto in general are living in fantasyville.

Bitrated user: Mick.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 07:02:42 PM

Can someone post an actual translation of what was said on the website?

No, you won't. Especially not if you use the right technology.

Any attempt by core to pick up the pieces and get back on track will be a too little too late act of desperation similar to the content of the OP. Those who think core continuing with their fiasco will somehow be a boon for say goldcoin or litecoin or crypto in general are living in fantasyville.
XT/BU/Classic is the side that is trying to power grab Bitcoin in the false pretenses of 'decentralized development' and 'multiple implementations is better'.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 07:10:49 PM

Considering that bitcoin in its current technical state is not broken, splintering the community into different factions and bitcoin into different brands seems extremely counterproductive. The fact that Coinbase and Circle Pay are so quickly ready to jump aboard the bitcoin classic Titantic is also cause for concern.

It seems to me that the core developers have the cooler heads and are being conservative and well intending. I think divided bitcoin will be conquered, but united it will stand.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: