Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:33:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Video: Prof. Dr. Joseph Foschepoth: NSA und rechtlicher Status der BRD  (Read 1072 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 08:59:17 PM

Prof. Dr. Joseph Foschepoth: NSA und rechtlicher Status der BRD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d13Tks5oS6s

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
csh686

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:37:57 PM

I've watched this video a few times. Dr. Salerno mentions that he buys/sells bitcoins on an exchange that stores Fiat currency (in my case, USD) as digital tokens. Does anyone know of a credible exchange that currently offers this?

I know that coinbase is working on offering a wallet that stores USD as tokens, so that you can buy and sell instantly, but this is not offered in my region (North East US - Connecticut).

The trouble I currently have with arbitrage, particularly through coinbase, is that it is not viable for me. Theoretically: If I pay attention to the news and I read that an exchange got hacked (i.e. cryptsy) I know that this will cause panic, and as fear grips the market people will sell and the price of bitcoin will drop. I may want to sell my Bitcoin, temporarily, to minimize any loses, and then buy back bitcoin at a cheaper price the next day. The problem with Coinbase is that with my current limitations, if I sell my Bitcoins, I have to wait 5 days for the money to be deposited into my bank. During this time the money is in "Limbo," so to speak, and I cannot use the funds to buy back coins at a cheaper price the following day. Furthermore, there are buy limits placed on my bank account, so it may take me a week or more to buy back the coins that I sold even if I keep additional funds available in the bank. During this time the market shifts drastically, and in order to be successful in arbitrage, you need access to instant buy & sale.

Storing FIAT as digital tokens seems like the only way to do this. I know that there is an inherent risk in doing so, but it would only be temporary until the market adjusts. Can anyone recommend a reputable exchange that can accommodate this in my region (Connecticut, USA)?
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 11:45:18 AM

I've watched this video a few times. Dr. Salerno mentions that he buys/sells bitcoins on an exchange that stores Fiat currency (in my case, USD) as digital tokens. Does anyone know of a credible exchange that currently offers this?

I know that coinbase is working on offering a wallet that stores USD as tokens, so that you can buy and sell instantly, but this is not offered in my region (North East US - Connecticut).

The trouble I currently have with arbitrage, particularly through coinbase, is that it is not viable for me. Theoretically: If I pay attention to the news and I read that an exchange got hacked (i.e. cryptsy) I know that this will cause panic, and as fear grips the market people will sell and the price of bitcoin will drop. I may want to sell my Bitcoin, temporarily, to minimize any loses, and then buy back bitcoin at a cheaper price the next day. The problem with Coinbase is that with my current limitations, if I sell my Bitcoins, I have to wait 5 days for the money to be deposited into my bank. During this time the money is in "Limbo," so to speak, and I cannot use the funds to buy back coins at a cheaper price the following day. Furthermore, there are buy limits placed on my bank account, so it may take me a week or more to buy back the coins that I sold even if I keep additional funds available in the bank. During this time the market shifts drastically, and in order to be successful in arbitrage, you need access to instant buy & sale.

Storing FIAT as digital tokens seems like the only way to do this. I know that there is an inherent risk in doing so, but it would only be temporary until the market adjusts. Can anyone recommend a reputable exchange that can accommodate this in my region (Connecticut, USA)?

Look at bitfinex and bitstamp although i still advice to be careful as with all other btc exchanges.
Btw. This is the german sub forum you might wanna ask in service discussion or general discussion.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌