Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 02:54:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Video: Prof. Dr. Joseph Foschepoth: NSA und rechtlicher Status der BRD  (Read 1074 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 08:59:17 PM

Prof. Dr. Joseph Foschepoth: NSA und rechtlicher Status der BRD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d13Tks5oS6s

csh686

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:37:57 PM

I've watched this video a few times. Dr. Salerno mentions that he buys/sells bitcoins on an exchange that stores Fiat currency (in my case, USD) as digital tokens. Does anyone know of a credible exchange that currently offers this?

I know that coinbase is working on offering a wallet that stores USD as tokens, so that you can buy and sell instantly, but this is not offered in my region (North East US - Connecticut).

The trouble I currently have with arbitrage, particularly through coinbase, is that it is not viable for me. Theoretically: If I pay attention to the news and I read that an exchange got hacked (i.e. cryptsy) I know that this will cause panic, and as fear grips the market people will sell and the price of bitcoin will drop. I may want to sell my Bitcoin, temporarily, to minimize any loses, and then buy back bitcoin at a cheaper price the next day. The problem with Coinbase is that with my current limitations, if I sell my Bitcoins, I have to wait 5 days for the money to be deposited into my bank. During this time the money is in "Limbo," so to speak, and I cannot use the funds to buy back coins at a cheaper price the following day. Furthermore, there are buy limits placed on my bank account, so it may take me a week or more to buy back the coins that I sold even if I keep additional funds available in the bank. During this time the market shifts drastically, and in order to be successful in arbitrage, you need access to instant buy & sale.

Storing FIAT as digital tokens seems like the only way to do this. I know that there is an inherent risk in doing so, but it would only be temporary until the market adjusts. Can anyone recommend a reputable exchange that can accommodate this in my region (Connecticut, USA)?
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 11:45:18 AM

I've watched this video a few times. Dr. Salerno mentions that he buys/sells bitcoins on an exchange that stores Fiat currency (in my case, USD) as digital tokens. Does anyone know of a credible exchange that currently offers this?

I know that coinbase is working on offering a wallet that stores USD as tokens, so that you can buy and sell instantly, but this is not offered in my region (North East US - Connecticut).

The trouble I currently have with arbitrage, particularly through coinbase, is that it is not viable for me. Theoretically: If I pay attention to the news and I read that an exchange got hacked (i.e. cryptsy) I know that this will cause panic, and as fear grips the market people will sell and the price of bitcoin will drop. I may want to sell my Bitcoin, temporarily, to minimize any loses, and then buy back bitcoin at a cheaper price the next day. The problem with Coinbase is that with my current limitations, if I sell my Bitcoins, I have to wait 5 days for the money to be deposited into my bank. During this time the money is in "Limbo," so to speak, and I cannot use the funds to buy back coins at a cheaper price the following day. Furthermore, there are buy limits placed on my bank account, so it may take me a week or more to buy back the coins that I sold even if I keep additional funds available in the bank. During this time the market shifts drastically, and in order to be successful in arbitrage, you need access to instant buy & sale.

Storing FIAT as digital tokens seems like the only way to do this. I know that there is an inherent risk in doing so, but it would only be temporary until the market adjusts. Can anyone recommend a reputable exchange that can accommodate this in my region (Connecticut, USA)?

Look at bitfinex and bitstamp although i still advice to be careful as with all other btc exchanges.
Btw. This is the german sub forum you might wanna ask in service discussion or general discussion.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌