Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:56:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: For the love of god, point your miner away from deepbit  (Read 5663 times)
repeating

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 06:30:14 AM

or simplecoin which is now also score-based

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sideways

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 06:31:40 AM

I just pointed my 1.2 GH/s to BTC Guild. If I'd have found them earlier I would never have pointed at deepbit in the first place. The estimated MH/s of each worker is a huge feature that I often found myself wishing deepbit had. I still have a couple miner threads pointed at deepbit, but those are my -f60 threads in case my new primary pool goes down  Cool

You can also point your miners at multiple pools at once. Like If you ever accidentally started two miners on the same card, both miners start mining at half rate. You can do this so that if one pool stops sending you work, the miner with work will take over using the entire GPU. I haven't done extensive testing, but i image there is a very small drop in rate because two miners are running on one GPU, but I could never notice it.  
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 06:58:53 AM

I just pointed my 1.2 GH/s to BTC Guild. If I'd have found them earlier I would never have pointed at deepbit in the first place. The estimated MH/s of each worker is a huge feature that I often found myself wishing deepbit had. I still have a couple miner threads pointed at deepbit, but those are my -f60 threads in case my new primary pool goes down  Cool

You can also point your miners at multiple pools at once. Like If you ever accidentally started two miners on the same card, both miners start mining at half rate. You can do this so that if one pool stops sending you work, the miner with work will take over using the entire GPU. I haven't done extensive testing, but i image there is a very small drop in rate because two miners are running on one GPU, but I could never notice it.  

You can actually get a slight overall, long term increase in has rate by running two processes on the same core I've found.

I'm pretty sure it is because when the other process is getting work or sending an output (diff. 1 share) then the other process can jump in and take up the slack, albeit temporarily. But because of this crazy diff. 1 share system of the pools there is quite some cumulative downtime when the processes are submitting and getting work.

enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 08:12:15 AM

Which is exactly what I'm doing, I'm just running deepbit's threat with the -f60 flag to ensure that it gets minimum priority (default priority is 30, lower is better). As long as BTC Guild's processes keep running, deepbit only gets 1-3 MH/s from me. I'd rather not contribute to the deepbit problem, even with my overflow, but I need that per-share accounting.
bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 08:14:28 AM

Which is exactly what I'm doing, I'm just running deepbit's threat with the -f60 flag to ensure that it gets minimum priority (default priority is 30, lower is better). As long as BTC Guild's processes keep running, deepbit only gets 1-3 MH/s from me. I'd rather not contribute to the deepbit problem, even with my overflow, but I need that per-share accounting.

You can use swebit to get per share at a higher payout if you want a Pay Per Share backup.

swepool.com I think? or swepool.net? I haven't set it up as my back up yet, but others report good things.

EDIT: swepool.net

Pays 0.000081077523877986 btc/share vs deepbits 0.00007931496901107 BTC per every sumbitted share. Instant payout too.
grndzero

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 08:17:11 AM

If there are already 6 threads with the same idea, make another one, it'll make a difference the 7th time.

Ubuntu Desktop x64 -  HD5850 Reference - 400Mh/s w/ cgminer  @ 975C/325M/1.175V - 11.6/2.1 SDK
Donate if you find this helpful: 1NimouHg2acbXNfMt5waJ7ohKs2TtYHePy
cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 12:17:42 PM

no offense to Tycho but I dropped from deepbit permanently the last time they were d.o.s.'d and I was very vocal about it despite the crap everyone was talking to me.

I think that everyone needs to stop and think about the good of bitcoin and not jump on the bandwagon of greed.

thats my piece.

grndzero

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 01:23:58 PM

no offense to Tycho but I dropped from deepbit permanently the last time they were d.o.s.'d and I was very vocal about it despite the crap everyone was talking to me.

I think that everyone needs to stop and think about the good of bitcoin and not jump on the bandwagon of greed.

thats my piece.

The problem is it's preaching to the choir at this point. It's only going to reach the users that read the forums. I'm willing to bet that a good portion of deepbit users don't read the forums, and a good percentage of those never will.

Ubuntu Desktop x64 -  HD5850 Reference - 400Mh/s w/ cgminer  @ 975C/325M/1.175V - 11.6/2.1 SDK
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 01:30:53 PM

grndzero

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 01:35:59 PM

Is it "Other"? i bet it's other, isn't it?

Or is it All of the Above?

rezin777

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 01:37:00 PM

Hum... good luck, there are already pools with 0 fees.

They were not capable of handling the extra volume when deepbit overflowed (during the recent DDOS attack on deepbit).

Then move to Slush's while the rest recuperate.

You are preaching to the choir. I'm just giving a reason why these pools aren't taking any of the traffic.
rezin777

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 01:39:28 PM

It's only going to reach the users that read the forums. I'm willing to bet that a good portion of deepbit users don't read the forums, and a good percentage of those never will.

Well, the thing is, there are users of the forum that read these threads and still mine on deepbit. Sometimes you have to beat (figuratively) sense into people.
PabloW

Activity: 228
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 01:43:53 PM

Bitcoins.lc has 0% fees, also shows hashrate for each worker, also show last 24 hs stats, it has also instant payout with 0.01 minimum, and a bunch of other features. Im mining there right now, and its growing day by day. All of use deepbit miner should check it out, really.
And the most important thing. YOU WIN MORE.
Also if more people go into the pool it will support unconfirmed payout soon, so what the hell are you waiting for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: