Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:43:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally a Safe Haven Asset Response?  (Read 693 times)
hector3115 (OP)

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 03:29:11 PM

I think so.  They're talking about more QE and negative interest rates in Davos.  I don't know who in their right mind wouldn't want to diversify at least 15% of their assets in Bitcoin. 

People just dont understand it yet but smart money will eventually find its way to bitcoin.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thesonandheir

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 03:30:52 PM

Correct, punters got scared by MH/Cryptsy and weak hands sold out. Clever money hoovers this up and makes $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Grin
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 04:11:42 PM

Not to mention Saudi Arabia imposed capital controls.  Because it worked so well in Greece, Venezuela etc.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-01-20/saudi-arabia-unleashes-capital-controls-bans-bets-against-dollar-peg
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 04:17:06 PM

Not to mention Saudi Arabia imposed capital controls.  Because it worked so well in Greece, Venezuela etc.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-01-20/saudi-arabia-unleashes-capital-controls-bans-bets-against-dollar-peg

interesting development, but I don't know I would lump SA in with those two economies. That article states they have USD630b in currency reserves & the price of oil won't stay this low for long.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 05:17:21 PM

Looks more like some big players reentering to me with a resulting panic buy from day traders. As the small time traders only trade the margins and the big player holds his coins, price can stabalize at this level for now.

Safe Haven response would be much much bigger as a lot more money would start pouring in.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 05:41:45 PM

I think so.  They're talking about more QE and negative interest rates in Davos.  I don't know who in their right mind wouldn't want to diversify at least 15% of their assets in Bitcoin. 

People just dont understand it yet but smart money will eventually find its way to bitcoin.

I don't know who in their right mind would ever even think of investing in something with a broken protocol...

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
Bitplumber

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 07:54:41 PM

I don't know who in their right mind would ever even think of investing in something with a broken protocol...

So glad I read this post! I just nearly bought a bitcoin!

I'll just keep my money in the bank instead.

Thanks 😂
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 08:36:13 PM

interesting development, but I don't know I would lump SA in with those two economies. That article states they have USD630b in currency reserves & the price of oil won't stay this low for long.

Oil will stay low and keep dropping as long as
 (1) China economy continues it's recession/implosion
 (2) OPEC keeps putting pressure on higher-cost producers in an attemt to drive them out of the market
      (which will FAIL long-term no matter what but might succeed for a few years 'cause they'll just ressurect when pricing gets high enough again).

Oil pricing might get a LOT lower for a while if the Chinese economy starts dragging other world economies down with it.

I wouldn't plan on oil prices rising for a year or two at least, then it'll take some time after that for them to climb again.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:43:43 AM

So glad I read this post! I just nearly bought a bitcoin!

I'll just keep my money in the bank instead.

Thanks 😂

don't listen to kwukduck, unless you are his alt(very likely) there is nothign broken with bitcoin, only some limit that will be fixed soon, liek the capacity which is the biggest issue

you cna buy bitcoin and spend them normally, much better than fiat if you ask me, and i have some reasons to believe so
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: