Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:19:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who do you think is the most stupid in the gun debate?
Pro-Gun Activists - 19 (22.6%)
Anti-Gun Activists - 40 (47.6%)
They're both incredible morons who have completely ruined their chances of an intelligent debate - 25 (29.8%)
Total Voters: 84

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In the gun debate who do you think is the most stupid?  (Read 15500 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 03:23:24 PM

<sigh> My apologies if I was incorrect.

Accepted, and forgiven. That you would offer it at all shows you to be more mature than most on here.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2013, 07:26:36 AM

Its crazy to blame an inanimate object and not the individual. I also don't see why anyone would want to give up anymore rights to the state.

You are of course correct.  That's why the poll is 2-1 in favor of recognizing the stupidity of the asinine gun-grabbers.  They should go to DailyKos or something.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 07:23:25 PM

Its crazy to blame an inanimate object and not the individual. I also don't see why anyone would want to give up anymore rights to the state.

You are of course correct.  That's why the poll is 2-1 in favor of recognizing the stupidity of the asinine gun-grabbers.  They should go to DailyKos or something.

Two to one is not a very good showing considering the gun nut crowd here. If inanimate objects played no role, then nobody here would mind if guns were no longer available. Why, the military would simply use cotton balls for weapons.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2013, 07:31:52 PM

And carpenters would use cotton swabs to drive nails.

A hammer don't swing itself, and a gun don't shoot itself.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FirstAscent

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 07:43:58 PM

So? Hammers do get swung. And guns do get fired.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2013, 07:52:56 PM

So they do. By people. When a carpenter uses a hammer to build a house, we don't say the hammer built the house, do we?

FirstAscent

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 08:09:52 PM

So they do. By people. When a carpenter uses a hammer to build a house, we don't say the hammer built the house, do we?

I don't care if we say the hammer built the house or not. He didn't, nor would he, pound the nails with his nose.

Guns are made to counteract the fact that shooting bullets doesn't work well with your mouth. A human without a gun is not a man with a gun. You're a fucking idiot playing word games.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2013, 08:15:53 PM

You're a fucking idiot playing word games.

And you've conceded defeat by abandoning logic in favor of insults.

I am glad, though, that you've finally realized that a gun is merely a tool for firing bullets, just like a hammer is merely a tool for driving nails. Progress!

FirstAscent

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 08:20:14 PM

You're a fucking idiot playing word games.

And you've conceded defeat by abandoning logic in favor of insults.

No. One can logically argue, and then top it off with a truth about the person one is arguing with. That makes you a double idiot for attempting to infer something with no logical basis.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2013, 08:28:51 PM

lol... coming from you, "double idiot" is a compliment. And you've further abandoned any hope of logical debate by trying to change the subject.

I think we're done here.  Kiss

FirstAscent

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 08:39:38 PM

lol... coming from you, "double idiot" is a compliment. And you've further abandoned any hope of logical debate by trying to change the subject.

I think we're done here.  Kiss

I didn't change the subject. I merely made an observation about you.

You keep going on how a gun is just a tool. That's like saying a tank is just a vehicle. To generalize something is to say less about it - not more. Try saying more about a gun, rather than less. It's pathetic that your arguments rely on saying less about something (which is to reduce information, eliminate information, hide information), rather than getting more specific.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2013, 08:50:04 PM

You've already dropped the F-bomb in this discussion, indicating a level of emotional involvement well past the ability to make rational debate. Why don't you take a breather, try again in a few hours, when you're less riled up?

Maybe watch some birds in their nest?
http://home.roadrunner.com/~ospreynest/autoupdate.htm

FirstAscent

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 09:22:57 PM

You've already dropped the F-bomb in this discussion, indicating a level of emotional involvement well past the ability to make rational debate. Why don't you take a breather, try again in a few hours, when you're less riled up?

You don't have a rebuttal to what I said in the last post, do you?

Tell me now, suppose we were arguing about the merits of applying the computer language Perl to a problem, such as a large N-body problem. And I kept saying "Perl is just a computer language" to counteract objections you may have. Would my argument have substance?

What if we were having an argument about politics and what methods are better for societies? And I kept saying "Democracy is just a political ideology" to indicate that it's clearly appropriate?

Please think about the memes you keep reciting, and indicate some level of intelligence above a parrot in the future.
FirstAscent

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 09:26:14 PM

Furthermore, why are you linking to sites designated as malicious? Are you unable to hold your own in this discussion?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2013, 09:33:37 PM

Furthermore, why are you linking to sites designated as malicious? Are you unable to hold your own in this discussion?

It's a webcam. The security warning is in error, as quite a few of them are, especially when dealing with sites such as this, which is an ISP's user domain. One bad apple will mark the whole domain as bad. Or do you just listen to every external authority without question?

And yes, I do have a rebuttal. I choose not to discuss anything with you until after you have calmed down. That's why I suggested you watch a nest cam. Figured it would relax you.

FirstAscent

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 09:44:37 PM

It's a webcam. The security warning is in error, as quite a few of them are, especially when dealing with sites such as this, which is an ISP's user domain. One bad apple will mark the whole domain as bad. Or do you just listen to every external authority without question?

And yes, I do have a rebuttal. I choose not to discuss anything with you until after you have calmed down. That's why I suggested you watch a nest cam. Figured it would relax you.

Since you seem to think you've got a couple of hours to wait, I suggest you watch a movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLz0_MOjDI0
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2013, 09:53:26 PM

Since you seem to think you've got a couple of hours to wait, I suggest you watch a movie:

I believe we've established the weight your suggestions, especially unsolicited ones, have with me. I prefer books, anyway.

FirstAscent

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 09:53:50 PM

Or try this one. You'll probably like it better, as it explores the consequences of freedom in society, as attenuated by one's own identity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0bfPBmjlAg
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2013, 12:48:31 AM

You really are nuts, aren't you?

FirstAscent

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 01:37:41 AM

You really are nuts, aren't you?

I am not a gun nut, no. Did you watch The Face of Another? Great movie. Very famous, as is its director. Fantastic movie.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: