Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:52:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who do you think is the most stupid in the gun debate?
Pro-Gun Activists - 19 (22.6%)
Anti-Gun Activists - 40 (47.6%)
They're both incredible morons who have completely ruined their chances of an intelligent debate - 25 (29.8%)
Total Voters: 84

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In the gun debate who do you think is the most stupid?  (Read 15500 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2013, 01:58:44 AM

You really are nuts, aren't you?

I am not a gun nut, no.

Roll Eyes

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 02:21:44 AM

Didn't watch it? You're missing out on some of cinema's greatest films. Try this one then - it's a very powerful and beautiful film about a mother and her children, slavery, and government. It's called Sansho the Bailiff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FCroa97mEg
DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2013, 02:25:20 AM

Anti-Gun Activists

myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2013, 02:35:55 AM

Didn't watch it? You're missing out on some of cinema's greatest films.

I don't recall asking for movie recommendations. In fact, I distinctly recall asking you to stop. Yet you keep it up. You're starting to get really creepy.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Rob E

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 02:37:43 AM

Anti-Gun Activists
Why  .

FirstAscent

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 02:41:39 AM

Didn't watch it? You're missing out on some of cinema's greatest films.

I don't recall asking for movie recommendations. In fact, I distinctly recall asking you to stop. Yet you keep it up. You're starting to get really creepy.

Today's a holiday. Relax. Take a break from your obsessive toy political ideologies.

Point #1: you're the one who provided a link to watch birds in the midst of a debate.
Point #2: you're the one who said to take a break from gun debates.
Point #3: you're the one has not yet answered my take on the meme you keep reciting.
Point #4: continue to wallow in your uncultured ignorance, as you're actually getting great movie recommendations.
*Point #5: I warned you that if you start to misbehave or make a reference to movies, you're going to get it thrown back at you.

* I'm counting your ridiculous bird clip as a video/movie/clip/off topic reference.

And lastly, since when do I feel the need to follow your directives? Did you actually think I would?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2013, 02:42:11 AM

This link should give you all the evidence you need to answer that question.

Rob E

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 02:47:26 AM

The whole pole is ridiculous .  There are gun no "Activists" Just people who think they have a right to own a gun .  And i think they are right . . That doesn't make them an activist . This is just incredibly poor journalism. Just ridiculously poor . Gossip journalism approved.    
FirstAscent

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 02:49:11 AM

Beware users providing you answers to the above question whose username begins with an 'm' and ends with an 'l'. Some are rather delusional. Witness their lending credence to conspiracy theories in regard to recent mass murders: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=94471.msg1046661#msg1046661
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2013, 02:53:09 AM

And lastly, since when do I feel the need to follow your directives? Did you actually think I would?

If you want to have polite conversation and debate with me, you will.

FirstAscent

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 02:56:33 AM

I'm still awaiting your reply relating to guns as tools. Until you choose to answer it, you can quietly accept my polite movie recommendations, which have been nothing but polite. Especially in light of the fact that you wished to change the topic and requested a break. Your choice.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2013, 03:01:43 AM

I'm still awaiting your reply relating to guns as tools. Until you choose to answer it, you can quietly accept my polite movie recommendations, which have been nothing but polite. Especially in light of the fact that you wished to change the topic and requested a break. Your choice.
Have you calmed down now? Can you converse without insults? If so, then we can continue.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 08:29:51 AM

I was referring to the fact that hazek was not adding anything new to the debate, and he was doing it in a rude and shouty manner. Do you honestly think that sort of post helps anyone understand either point of view?

Not really, but it wasn't meant to add anything new, or really explain anything to anyone. It was ridicule, pure and simple. ...

Of course it was. And this thread is about poking fun at emotional slanging matches that don't add anything useful to the debate. Don't misconstrue my comment as being pro gun control, it was solely that hazek made the type of comment the OP created the thread to ridicule in the first place.

Unless it was a piss-take and hazek is actually pro gun control?

There is no debate because one side doesn't have a leg to stand on. That was my point. There is nothing to understand here except that one side sees the reality for what it is and acts accordingly and the other side doesn't and instead clings on to some sort of a fantasy and acts irrationally and I call that the most stupid thing one can possibly do.

I never said the pro gun side on the other hand isn't stupid. No the vast majority of them are stupid too because they let themselves being goaded into arguing with irrational people instead of just standing their ground and may the irrational do whatever.

Eventually that is what it will come down to. Either the pro gun stand their ground and defend their position even if it means by any means necessary or the irrational side will win and force the pro gun side to give up their weapons. There's no other way to resolve a dispute with irrational people, cause they're irrational. You defend yourself against them or they win.

Thanks for a more measured response, hazek.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Rob E

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 09:48:43 AM

This link should give you all the evidence you need to answer that question.

That's it? You refer me to some sort of biblical size discussion and say there you go its in there? Are you fuckin high or somethin a bad joke a silly joke a really weak joke.. are you slurping on a soda right now? Eating french fries? Great you just made my ignore list. Doucebag.

couldnt answer a simple question " because i think guns induce voilence - my mom got killed by a gun - i was in the war and ive seen enough guns - im doing time for murder no more guns for me- i'm a peace activist and guns dont fit my ideals" or the countless of other answers that could have possibly applied and you refer me to some sort of biblical sized dialogue and say" this is why..?

youre like reall fucking stupit .. arent you.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 10:02:10 AM

Be against gun ownership but protect yourselves by means of ..... (hired) gun ownership.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-04/guest-post-anti-gun-newspaper-hires-armed-guards-%E2%80%93-reveals-its-own-hypocrisy

Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 10:21:28 AM

That article could have been making intelligent points if it wasn't using so many bolded sentences.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 05:11:34 PM

Rob, that was the post history of one of the posters on the anti-gun side. It's not a "biblical sized discussion," It's not a discussion at all. You asked for evidence why the anti-gun activists are the stupid ones, that link will provide it, and then some.

And it's spelled "douchebag." If you're going to insult someone, at least do it right. Kiss

Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 05:18:11 PM

Rob, that was the post history of one of the posters on the anti-gun side, it's not a 'biblical sized discussion' It's not a discussion at all. You asked for evidence why the anti-gun activists are the stupid ones, that link will provide it and then some, and it's spelled "douchebag" If you're going to insult someone, at least do it right. Kiss

Fixed that for you Smiley
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 05:26:10 PM

Rob, that was the post history of one of the posters on the anti-gun side, it's not a 'biblical sized discussion' It's not a discussion at all. You asked for evidence why the anti-gun activists are the stupid ones, that link will provide it and then some, and it's spelled "douchebag" If you're going to insult someone, at least do it right. Kiss

Fixed that for you Smiley

lol.. no, it's enough of a separate sentiment that it deserves it's own sentence and paragraph, grammatical error of starting a sentence with "and" notwithstanding.

So, perhaps this would be better:

Oh, and it's spelled "douchebag." If you're going to insult someone, at least do it right. Kiss

Rob E

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 05:37:09 PM

Rob, that was the post history of one of the posters on the anti-gun side. It's not a "biblical sized discussion," It's not a discussion at all. You asked for evidence why the anti-gun activists are the stupid ones, that link will provide it, and then some.

And it's spelled "douchebag." If you're going to insult someone, at least do it right. Kiss
Right. Just like "Google" will provide it  Huh

Youre not making a clear point. And either case i was asking you. And i understood by your earlier post that "You" where an " anti gun activist" maybe that is where the misunderstanding was. On my part.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: