Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:06:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lottery Pool service: lotteryconnect.i2p - Use Monero to join a lottery pool!  (Read 599 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
woodenships (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 04:52:28 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2016, 02:29:27 PM by woodenships

I am announcing my lottery pool service, which can be found on lotteryconnect.i2p

For those not on i2p, you can access via inproxy using lotteryconnect.i2p.xyz

LotteryConnect.i2p

You can't win unless you play!

Now you can participate in a lottery pool no matter where you live. Using the cryptocurrency Monero you can participate in this lottery pool (I'll use your money to go buy more tickets), and I will send any winnings back to you using Monero.

Currently we are limited to the PowerBall. If people are interested in MegaMillions, I can also start a pool for that.

( see i2p site for updated tables, or posts below)

(Note: if the dates in the above table are not current, then there is no pool for the current drawings. This means that I am out of town and/or otherwise unable to operate the pool for these drawings)

Current File Links

(see i2p site or posts below)

How to participate in a pool

Decide what pool you want to be a part of (from the “Pools” column in the table – only Powerball currently available). Decide how many tickets you want to have bought for you. Multiply that number by the number in “Monero (XMR)” column in the table.

Example: you want to have 10 Powerball tickets bought for you. 10 X 5 = 50. You would need to send 50 XMR to me.

To obtain a monero address to send to, please send me an email to create an account. You can either send your monero address (for eventual winnings payouts) in that email or wait until we win! I will then provide you with a custom address with embedded payment ID. The Monero needs to be sent by the date indicated in the “Payment Due Date” column.

Note: you need to use the latest version of Monero (0.9.1) to use the embedded payment ID. I will not use the 0.8.8.6-style exposed payment ID.

Please send an email to:

lotteryconnecti2p@tutanota.com

(if you are in i2p, you can use lotteryconnect@mail.i2p )

I can also be contacted on i2p-irc. My handle is woodenships and I have create a #lotteryconnect channel. I might not always be there. Please only send monero to addresses obtained from my email accounts, woodenships@mail.i2p, lotteryconnect@mail.i2p, lotteryconnecti2p@tutanota.com

What happens next?

I will purchase and scan the tickets 1 day prior to the draw date. I will purchase “quick pick” tickets, which are randomly generated numbers. Once I have purchased the tickets, I will scan them all and provide a download link to a compressed folder containing the ticket images one day prior to the drawings (or ASAP). You can then match the numbers yourself to see if we win! (I can also store a hash of this image file in a cryptocurrency blockchain if people are worried about me trying to cheat people).

The odds of winning the lottery is ridiculously low. I don't need to tell you how stupid playing the lottery is. But we do it anyway, right?

Weekly Open Slots

Every drawing I will buy between 3 and 5 lottery tickets. If you send me monero before the drawing and there is a weekly open slot available, you will be in that drawing (for up to n-1 slots. So if I buy 5 tickets, there are 4 slots). If your open slot payment comes in late, it will roll to the next drawing. The payment due date is for sending me Monero for anything above my weekly open slots. So if you wanted me to buy 10 tickets for you, you would have to have the payment to me by the payment due date above. If you don't make the due date, your payment will either use one of the available open slots or just roll forward.

Fees on winnings

We will obviously use the instant payout, not the payments over time option. For instance, the cash value of a 60 million USD jackpot is about 38 million USD.

1. Taxes: 30% to 40% of winnings

Unfortunately, my state of residence taxes lottery winnings. The taxes are usually withheld, so they are taken out before the recipient even receives the money. So taxes can take 30-40% of the official jackpot. I reserve the right to use up to 10% of the winnings to cover any additional taxes I may incur due to a shift in my tax bracket.

2. Operating fees: 10% of winnings

I will hold 10% of the winnings to cover operational costs and to provide motivation to continue running this thing.

3. Donations to open source software development: 5%

I will hold 5% of the winnings and send 2.5% to Monero core development and 2.5% to i2p development.

Distribution of winnings

The remainder of the winnings will be distributed to those participating in the pool apportioned by their amount of participation. If you sent monero for 10 tickets and there were 40 total tickets, you will receive 25% of the winnings remaining after fees, taxes, and donations.

Other details

1. Minimum payouts / “finders fee” / Roll forward

Winnings that would cause an individual payout to be under 15 XMR will not be paid out, but either rolled forward into the next drawing or paid to me as a finders fee. This decision is my discretion.

In general, everyone will get their share after I make sure that all of my legal stuff (taxes) is taken care of.

FAQ

“Why Monero?” Because Monero is the only truly private and fungible cryptocurrency available.

“Will you accept bitcoin?” No

“Will you accept (insert some other coin here)” No

“Why only these games?” Because I am not ready to expand this pool yet. If it takes off and people ask for it, I can see what is possible.

“Is this legal?” As far as I know, running a lottery pool is legal. This is just a lottery pool between friends. The difference is, you are my internet friends.

“This requires that I trust you... a lot. How can I trust you?” You can't. You'll either have to give it a shot or wait until others do. Unfortunately, the ultimate trust building will occur if we win something, and that may never occur. Hopefully we will win some small amount (50,000 USD) and then I can earn your trust.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
woodenships (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 05:22:21 AM

Please keep in mind that my i2p site (as most i2p sites) is hosted on my home network. Therefore, it is possible for the site to be offline, and in general the i2p network can get laggy.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 12:09:29 PM

Don't set your expectations too high for this one lad.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
woodenships (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 10:34:30 PM

Email addresses updated to include tutanota accounts, because apparently clearnet emails don't make it into i2p emails.
woodenships (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:30:11 PM

Email address updated to include new tutanota account, because apparently tutanota banned whatever tor proxy I was coming out of.
woodenships (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:35:24 AM

We got one number last week.

Per ticket surcharge has been reduced to 15 cents.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: