Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:47:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is the dead cat bounce what's happening to BTC now?  (Voting closed: February 21, 2016, 06:17:20 AM)
Yes - 13 (31.7%)
No - 26 (63.4%)
Maybe - 2 (4.9%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dead Cat Bounce  (Read 2899 times)
Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 01:44:38 PM

Remember that cats have nine lives. I don't think Bitcoin has even used it first life despite its involvement with drugs. Smiley

Bitcoin has more lives than cat. It has been declared dead 90 times, but it comes back to life every time.

It's because bitcoin has been declared dead 90 times, not bitcoin has been dead 9 times.
Bitcoin network never offline since genenis block mined, so bitcoin never & won't be dead.

I don't think the network being offline or online decides whether it's dead or not (well, it does, but it isn't a factor right now). It is entirely based on support from the community, from people. If nobody backs it it would have no value and be dead.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 01:45:09 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2016, 06:33:12 PM by Amph

Amph is an optimist...  Nothing wrong with that.  In fact, it should be encouraged.   Wink

The Story of Amph, the Optimistic Sheep!

One warm sunny day on the farm, Amph wanted to go for a stroll in the woods to look for some tasty mushrooms. But his friend, Peter the Pessimistic Pig said;
"No, You can't go there Amph. It is dangerous! There are wolves in the woods".
But Amph replied;
"Yes Peter, but the wolves just feasted on lots of farm animals the other day. They can't possibly have any appetite left. Their bellies are so full, that they probably can't even move! I am off to get myself some tasty mushrooms. You will be crying when you miss out!"

So off Amph went, into the woods......etc etc etc.

lamo, but it's true that bitcoin has more chances to grow than falling, so one must be optimist here

unless you born as a bear and want to short hell out of the market, and thus not caring at all about the future value
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 04:40:21 PM

Amph is an optimist...  Nothing wrong with that.  In fact, it should be encouraged.   Wink

One warm sunny day on the farm, Amph wanted to go for a stroll in the woods to look for some tasty mushrooms. But his friend, Peter the Pessimistic Pig said;
But Amph replied;
"Yes Peter, but the wolves just feasted on lots of farm animals the other day. They can't possibly have any appetite left. Their bellies are so full, that they probably can't even move! I am off to get myself some tasty mushrooms. You will be crying when you miss out!"

lamo, but it's true that bitcoin has more chances to grow then falling, so one must be optimist here

unless you born as a bear and want to short hell out of the market, and thus not caring at all about the future value

Where do you think bitcoin's price be in 30 days?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 06:34:56 PM

Amph is an optimist...  Nothing wrong with that.  In fact, it should be encouraged.   Wink

But Amph replied;

lamo, but it's true that bitcoin has more chances to grow then falling, so one must be optimist here

too short term, but i believe that the range 400-500 will require some time before it can be broken, probably even up to the beginning of spring

on the other hand i'm fairly certain that this year be very near if will not surpass the last ath, i expect at least 700
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 07:02:04 PM

Amph is an optimist...  Nothing wrong with that.  In fact, it should be encouraged.   Wink

But Amph replied;

It's definitely going to touch $600 in the next 30 days based on all the dramas getting created here on forum and in the markets...
Charts are showing a completely different picture and if they show what I am seeing, we are definitely going "to da moon"... Wink
Not interested in such talks, but definitely some rockets will be getting seen soon...

Rudsild

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:13:39 AM

It's definitely going to touch $600 in the next 30 days based on all the dramas getting created here on forum and in the markets...
Charts are showing a completely different picture and if they show what I am seeing, we are definitely going "to da moon"... Wink
Not interested in such talks, but definitely some rockets will be getting seen soon...

I do not think it will touch $600 in the next 30 days. If the Core agree with 2MB block size in the next weeks, it is possible.
Fanpant

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 07:04:17 PM

too short term, but i believe that the range 400-500 will require some time before it can be broken, probably even up to the beginning of spring

on the other hand i'm fairly certain that this year be very near if will not surpass the last ath, i expect at least 700

If the price consolidates here for the next few months and the whales collect enough coin, $1200 by year end is not a problem.
Rudsild

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:06:22 AM

If the price consolidates here for the next few months and the whales collect enough coin, $1200 by year end is not a problem.

If we want the price to rise quickly and a lot. Then we need whales to pump the price. They need to accumulate first.
Zenixin

Activity: 132
Merit: 2

MR06Q8ZM3194

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 01:22:26 PM

If we want the price to rise quickly and a lot. Then we need whales to pump the price. They need to accumulate first.

But the big whales will not waste their money. If they think there is no future in bitcoin, they will not accumulate it.

⌂ the SUITE | THE NEW GENERATION OF LOYALTY PROGRAM
Visit : www.fidelitysuite.com
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: