Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:56:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Faucets are going to die?  (Read 1404 times)
yeswepump (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:22:31 AM

If you are using faucets, you might have noticed that payouts are dropping in the last days. Some of them have already shut down.

The main reason is that Google AdSense is disabling most of those accounts. AdSense was the highest source of advertising income, therefore most faucets owner will dramatically loose the great part of their income and will not be able to pay users, unless they cut drops.

Google rulez.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:39:28 AM

No, I don't think they are going to disappear because always will have a way to overcome this issues in order to ensure some profitability, and always will have newbies trying to grasp some satoshis as well.
virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 11:25:44 AM

To be honest the only existing faucets will be made for fun or from donations. I own one myself and I tell you it's impossible to have revenue with those. Adsense is not allowed so there is no good method earning available. So yes, I think the hype will slowly go away regarding faucets.

1 BTC = 1 BTC
rally

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 11:38:22 AM

I don't think they are going to die.
Of course a lot of new faucets start, but a few weeks later (or sometimes even a few days later) they stop working or their balance is at 0.
That will always be so.
But it stays a good way to promote a coin. So there will be faucets in the future. In fact i hope some will stay alive.

vodaljepa

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 02:45:43 PM

Faucets are definitely dying down slowly

Hottest Girls On Webcam Naked - Naughty Cams
LiberOptions

Activity: 412

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 05:54:23 PM

I use a lot of faucets. I just hope they continue to opperate, a lot of people gets into cryptos because of faucets!
Brob12321

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 04:49:42 AM

If you are using faucets, you might have noticed that payouts are dropping in the last days. Some of them have already shut down.

The main reason is that Google AdSense is disabling most of those accounts. AdSense was the highest source of advertising income, therefore most faucets owner will dramatically loose the great part of their income and will not be able to pay users, unless they cut drops.

Google rulez.

If you are referring to the announcement that BonusBitcoin made I don't know if that was a legit statement because other faucets use google adsense and their ads are still up.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 03:31:45 PM

It us highly unlikely that faucets stop working because of google blocked them.
it is not the first time this happened, they were using Google AdSense while not following their rules which don't let them put their ad on sites like theirs. and this has always been like this.

Only Bitcoin
defaultking

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2016, 09:55:54 PM

I've read a faucet owner that said as soon as her adsense wallet (or account whatever  you want to call it) met the minimum $100 they shut down her account and froze her funds because people were using vpns to access her site. Seems like a decent scam by google to let faucets share thousands of ads for your clients and then shut down the adsense account before the owner can withdraw funds. Google still gets there money either way. I mean what "lowly" faucet operator is going to take on google?
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 12:43:41 PM

Google rulez.

There is less successful ones for sure. Faucets however are still profitable if done right but it requires finding private/good advertisers. The main issue is fighting the bots and proxies that are used for claming because advertisers dont usually pay for proxy traffic and the bots also take away the funds from legit users.
There are quite a few small tricks that can be used for faucets but i havent seen them used yet.
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 01:10:13 PM

Addsense is just blocked by websites that have more then three ads. Or are they going to ban all faucets that use Google Addsense. Other services do also pay for displaying adds so there can be done a payment only not that high as before.
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 10:12:38 PM

Addsense is just blocked by websites that have more then three ads. Or are they going to ban all faucets that use Google Addsense. Other services do also pay for displaying adds so there can be done a payment only not that high as before.

Faucets are not sites (short stay) which Adsense preferred. So it makes sense they will ban your site. If you just got faucets they may end up banning all of your accounts.
Be careful with that.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:23:59 AM

i do not use faucet currently but if i was see in the micro earnings board some faucet still paying and for everyday always be announced new faucet i think that faucets will not going to die
fuel

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:35:16 AM

Earning bitcoin by faucet is the most boring work I've done but I don't think it will die.
yeswepump (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 05:10:37 PM

The two ETH faucets just stopped showing Adsense ads.

I bet they have been banned too...

Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 03:39:35 PM

Faucets are going to die.
Simply because the traffic they generate is not good and therefore not worth much.

It's me!!!
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 03:47:07 PM

At some point faucets will cease especially when the price rises to a point where it would be crazy to be giving anything away.  They will find other ways to get their advertising outside of adsense I'm sure, but no doubt it will hit some faucet owners and force them to quit.
Glucose

Activity: 861
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:31:45 PM

At some point faucets will cease especially when the price rises to a point where it would be crazy to be giving anything away.

The BTC price won't affect faucet owners. They will just adapt what they give in relationship with what the BTC price is (for example freebitco & freedoge...). It could change if bitcoin is worth billions lol, but it doesn't look like it's gonna be soon.

To OP : They will find other advertisers & use donations.

I guess most of faucet doesn't bring back a lot of money to their owners anyway, it's more a way to advertise bitcoins & altcoins and give away a few satoshis for newbies.
majeis

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 01:28:08 AM

BTC faucets are adspam clickthroughs. Even if they reduce in number, they'll always be around in some form since it costs them essentially nothing but time to setup another one.

Minus the spam, coin devs will still sometimes opt to use them for promotion purposes on occasion.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
chokesir

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 10:17:34 PM

BTC faucets are adspam clickthroughs. Even if they reduce in number, they'll always be around in some form since it costs them essentially nothing but time to setup another one.

Minus the spam, coin devs will still sometimes opt to use them for promotion purposes on occasion.

As long they are profitable they will exist. Like most things faucets are just there for economic gain.
No charity but earning money on views with ads etc.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: