Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:56:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Lucky coin Idea  (Read 33909 times)
wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 07:53:32 PM

So right now only one person knows which coin is really the winner of each round and that would be gravitate right?

Yes
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:03:07 PM

So right now only one person knows which coin is really the winner of each round and that would be gravitate right?

Yes

Perhaps gravitate will tell anyone that asks whats on their coin.

I wont redeem it either way will just be nice to know whats on there Smiley.
wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:09:28 PM

Yes

I hope Gravitate doesn't do that  Grin ... takes away the excitement. If he does it should pulbic in the thread so everybody knows.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:26:22 PM

Yes

I hope Gravitate doesn't do that  Grin ... takes away the excitement. If he does it should pulbic in the thread so everybody knows.

And then we come back to the point where it would destroy the purpose of this coin Grin.

I doubt gravitate will tell anyone. Either redeem your coin or keep telling yourself that you have the 1 btc coin Grin.
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:31:15 PM

Yes

And then we come back to the point where it would destroy the purpose of this coin Grin.

I doubt gravitate will tell anyone. Either redeem your coin or keep telling yourself that you have the 1 btc coin Grin.

Ha ha yeah I never win anything so I'll tell myself it has 0.01 rather that 1BTC because it'll probably be true Cheesy.
monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:54:01 PM

If many people dont redeem, and those that do redeem dont find the 1 BTC ... how will we track how many have been redeeemed and how many are still left to redeem, to gauge the value of each of the potential winning coins. How will we know if we have a 1 in 10, 1 in 8, 1 in 5, or even 1 in 1 chance ? How will we know when there is zero chance ? In a week ? a month ? a year ? a decade ? ... we wont, this can only be tracked by having an open list of full addresses, and we already know who has which of those (we just dont have the full addresses to be able to look)

For transparency .... doesnt it need to be seen that someone has won the 1 BTC. I am not questioning gravitates integrity, I have known him way way to long to do that, but .... without this he is open to a cheap shot from anyone who redeems and then only has the 0.01

Personally, I didnt buy the Lucky 1 series coin to redeem it. BUT I would be interested to know what it holds. This is still a lottery / lucky coin. Right now, we all feel we have a 1 / 10 chance to have won. But the winner has already been decided, the 'draw' has already taken place. The value of the funds on your coin is the same whether you know the value, or dont know the value.

It seems a real shame to have to destroy between 1 and 10 coins to find out who the winner is. Many have indicated that they wont be redeeming. Unless it is revealed by Gravitate, we may never know.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:57:05 PM

If many people dont redeem, and those that do redeem dont find the 1 BTC ... how will we track how many have been redeeemed and how many are still left to redeem, to gauge the value of each of the potential winning coins. How will we know if we have a 1 in 10, 1 in 8, 1 in 5, or even 1 in 1 chance ? How will we know when there is zero chance ? In a week ? a month ? a year ? a decade ? ... we wont, this can only be tracked by having an open list of full addresses, and we already know who has which of those (we just dont have the full addresses to be able to look)

For transparency .... doesnt it need to be seen that someone has won the 1 BTC. I am not questioning gravitates integrity, I have known him way way to long to do that, but .... without this he is open to a cheap shot from anyone who redeems and then only has the 0.01

Personally, I didnt buy the Lucky 1 series coin to redeem it. BUT I would be interested to know what it holds. This is still a lottery / lucky coin. Right now, we all feel we have a 1 / 10 chance to have won. But the winner has already been decided, the 'draw' has already taken place. The value of the funds on your coin is the same whether you know the value, or dont know the value.

It seems a real shame to have to destroy between 1 and 10 coins to find out who the winner is. Many have indicated that they wont be redeeming. Unless it is revealed by Gravitate, we may never know.

Maybe we can ask Gravitate to post a monthly status update on the coins. He can post how many coins are still 'active' and if the 1 BTC coin is still 'active'. That way the coin still will keep its mystery without having false hope.
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:59:22 PM

Well guys what I asked before was if I keep the public key parts secret between only me and the trusted person... I could then release the full set of public keys and no one would know which coin they have ?

To peel or not to peel.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:04:20 PM

Well guys what I asked before was if I keep the public key parts secret between only me and the trusted person... I could then release the full set of public keys and no one would know which coin they have ?

I'm fine with that but the first bits of the first 2 coins already have been released. Making those public would make the coins idea useless. Would you be willing to post a monthly update on the first 2 coins?
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:08:57 PM

As mentioned before I'd rather know whats on my coin without having to redeem it. Whether this be via a public announcement or PM I dont mind, I'll go along with the majority. Seems a shame to destroy a coin just to find out whats on it.

I would be more than happy for the results to be published after everyone has paid or the day / day after the coins are sent out. At least that way we dont have to ruin our coins.

However I do understand this is a 'lucky coin' so theoretically everyone should redeem their coin to see if they have the lucky coin.

EDIT: I'd rather have an intact coin worth 0.01 than a ruined one worth nothing.

It's a tricky one Undecided.
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:32:03 PM

I'm fine with that but the first bits of the first 2 coins already have been released. Making those public would make the coins idea useless. Would you be willing to post a monthly update on the first 2 coins?

For the 1st 2 I can check when asked sure. Or I guess we can also count on people on the thread to keep you updated too.
The way I see it is you have a coin you could probably sell for nearly what you paid for it on ebay or something.. but if you opened it its worth like 13 usd..

Its a good investment t either way.. but if no one opens the coins obviously the value won't go up.. but if someone opens and wins the value won't go down..

I said before I wish I could buy some of these coins Wink

But in the future I think I should release a full set of public keys.

To peel or not to peel.
MRBONG411

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:21:27 PM

I think everyone had a different idea on how this was going to work and I am still a little confused.

No one wants to destroy their coin to get the numbers inside to see if they were lucky or not but then if that's the case there are plenty of coins out there that serve that purpose where the numbers are public and you can see what is on the coin without having to remove the hologram.

With this coin I was thinking some might open theirs and eventually the winning coin might be revealed but if not the others retain their value and I would say even increase in value if there are some opened and made public.

If the winning coin is found then all the remaining coins would be less valuable depending how many were opened.

I had no plans of opening my coin and wanted to keep it intact as a lucky coin without knowing.

gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 06:37:27 AM

I just had a PM from whywefight they want spot 8. But I asked him to confirm it on the thread.
How the lucky coin works in respect to how people will find out really will need a vote on then.

To peel or not to peel.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 11:54:12 AM

Lucky no 1.1 has arrived today Smiley

TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 12:02:42 PM

Nice! Can't wait for mine to arrive.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 12:03:28 PM

Lucky no 1.1 has arrived today Smiley

Nice.
You should see if you won  Wink Tongue Roll Eyes Shocked

The value of this coin will remain another great mystery in life Smiley
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:14:39 PM

Mine arrived today too, thanks gravitate Smiley.

Zeroxal

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 08:00:30 PM

Have the coins of week 2 been shipped already?
When will it arrive? Tongue
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 09:27:07 PM

Have the coins of week 2 been shipped already?
When will it arrive? Tongue

Hi they have indeed. Should be 6 or t days to Europe and up to 10-12 days usa.. times vary though.

To peel or not to peel.
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 09:28:58 PM

I just had a PM from whywefight they want spot 8. But I asked him to confirm it on the thread.
How the lucky coin works in respect to how people will find out really will need a vote on then.

UPDATE:
whywefight: please post here to confirm your spot at #8 for 3.LUCKY
light blue: received coin

What is the green color ?

To peel or not to peel.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: