Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Woo hoo Silver smack down (continued)  (Read 3748 times)
S3052 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 08:51:41 PM

no, I just wanted help to define the physical Silver price.

I am fine with the bet, except the point on the USD currency change / default, because I think this is very likely.

There are two options.
1) reduce the bet to 10 BTC and I go with your conditions
2) keep 100 BTC but remove the currency risk. If the USD changes in backing or does not exist as it does today (meaning all USD is now backed partially by gold or some other hard asset or another US currency is created or if the USD is modified by chopping off zeros on the bills (LOL)) NOONE WINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 10:19:47 PM

I vote for #2. high stakes bitches. high stakes

Can I escrow? Wink

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 27, 2012, 12:09:32 AM

I am fine with the bet, except the point on the USD currency change / default, because I think this is very likely.

There are two options.
2) keep 100 BTC but remove the currency risk. If the USD changes in backing or does not exist as it does today (meaning all USD is now backed partially by gold or some other hard asset or another US currency is created or if the USD is modified by chopping off zeros on the bills (LOL)) NOONE WINS.

Since you insist on finally admitting that the USD will likely fail (despite your prediction initially, which I commend you for), let's just go with #1.

Deal?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 27, 2012, 12:29:17 AM

There are two options.

Since you insist on finally admitting that the USD will likely fail (despite your prediction initially, which I commend you for), let's just go with #1.

Deal?

Were did he ever say the USD would not fail?  His prediction was about silver, you pulled in the BS about the USD.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.

View Profile
December 27, 2012, 12:30:13 AM

There are two options.

Deal?

Were did he ever say the USD would not fail?  His prediction was about silver, you pulled in the BS about the USD.

the whole bet is silver in relation to USD. if usd disappears by 2016 bet should be void; but not anymore

notme
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2012, 01:41:21 AM

There are two options.

Deal?

the whole bet is silver in relation to USD. if usd disappears by 2016 bet should be void; but not anymore

Right.  S3052 was generous to accept that condition.

If we bet which of two trees would be taller in a year, and some third party came and replaced one tree with a different tree most people would call off the bet, not give it to the person who bet against the tree that was removed.

S3052 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2012, 11:05:07 AM

There are two options.

Deal?

I am fine with option 1 as I said. Still, it is a bit unfair that in the event of an USD failure the bet goes to you, but anyway, lets go ahead.
I will add this bet on betsofbitcoin in the next 1-2 days

P.S. And to clarify: I never indicated that I did not forecast the USD fail. In fact, it is the opposite. I expect this very strongly since years.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2012, 04:44:31 PM

There are two options.

Deal?

I am fine with option 1 as I said. Still, it is a bit unfair that in the event of an USD failure the bet goes to you, but anyway, lets go ahead.

P.S. And to clarify: I never indicated that I did not forecast the USD fail. In fact, it is the opposite. I expect this very strongly since years.

Saying you believe that silver will hit less that 10 USD in four years implies you believe the USD will exist in 4 years. Got it? Or you going to back out of that implication too? LOL.

"I bet something, but I don't really believe it." ~S3052

LOL  Grin Grin Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

S3052 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2012, 04:52:55 PM

There are two options.

Deal?

Saying you believe that silver will hit less that 10 USD in four years implies you believe the USD will exist in 4 years. Got it? Or you going to back out of that implication too? LOL.

do we have a bet or not? I thought we agreed on option 1

notme
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2012, 10:06:44 PM

There are two options.

Deal?

He's more interested in running his mouth than putting his money up.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 12:45:18 AM

There are two options.

Deal?

I already agreed. Keep up and pay attention. okay? Thanks lol  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:

Deal?

LOL!

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 01:24:58 AM

Wheres the money going? just another betsofbitco.in that everyone else can jump in on?

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 01:56:49 AM

I'm starting to wonder if betsofbitcoin will be around in 4 years. Something tells me they won't.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 02:22:28 AM

I'm starting to wonder if betsofbitcoin will be around in 4 years. Something tells me they won't.

they've been around a year and a half. gotta believe they making some money they don't want to lose.

Domain expires 04-Aug-2013

watch them renew for at least 2 years before that Wink

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 03:42:45 PM

I just bought a kilo of junk silver coins and will buy moar in case of further dumps.
So much for my bet.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 06:24:58 PM

I just bought a kilo of junk silver coins and will buy moar in case of further dumps.
So much for my bet.

That's awesome. I'm only buying bullion govt coins.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: