Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:45:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $10,000 per Bitcoin ???  (Read 13082 times)
LarryHocks

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 06:41:01 PM

10k is just too much in my opinion, the 10k can never be reached by the bitcoin because its really unrealistic.
Its even the question if its every gonna be around the 1k again.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 06:47:13 PM

How? Why?

You have, as an example, $1000. BTC/USD is $1, you buy $1000's worth of BTC (yielding 1000 BTC), BTC/USD rises 5% - you make 5% (i.e. $50).

Alternatively, BTC/USD is $10,000, you buy $1000's worth of BTC (yielding 0.1 BTC), BTC/USD rises 5% - you make 5% (i.e. $50).

What's the magic price at which people are somehow mysteriously unable to buy BTC? 1 BTC is subdivided into 100,000,000 smaller parts ("satoshis"). The cost of one satoshi right now is vanishingly small. Wake me up when 1 satoshi is over $1000 - then we can talk about unaffordability. Until then this "unaffordable coins" nonsense is just nonsense.

this example is correct if we don't consider that when the price is very low there ar emore chances for the price to skyrocket in comaprson to when it is low

this is can be seen easily by comparing how bitcoin increase fast to 1200, and how much still we have to wait for 10k, without a doubt much more than the time from from 1 to 1200

Not really - the same holds true at nearly any price (below "1 satoshi is unaffordable", but see the disclaimer) - BTC is affordable, because it's hugely divisible.

Your argument is different - that the potential for profit decreases as price rises. That may well prove to be correct (you'll recall that I believe the "halving effect" may diminish with each halving), but it won't affect affordability. If you're correct, and higher prices mean less profit or less chance to profit, then that may be a factor is someone's decision to buy - but it doesn't change their ability to buy.

(Disclaimer: in the future 1 BTC could be subdivided further than 100,000,000 satoshi - 1 satoshi could be divided, etc, in which case Bitcoin affordability would be possible even if 1 satoshi was unaffordable).

if what i said it is revealed to be true, then it mean that investors need to buy more to overcome the less possible profit, which mean more initial investment and more risk

and because of this people will spend equal or less and no more than before, so less bitcoin will be bought at the highest stage

i think it is always better to buy at the eearly stage, because you put at least an edge on the risk
Nameless Coin

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 07:08:48 PM

Tim Draper says bitcoin will hit $10,000 each within 3 years, check out the video:

http://chatwing.com/BITCOINVIDEOS

What do you think the price of bitcoin will be in 3 years?
I personally do not think it will be that high. And is the price being that high really a good thing because people will never be able to buy coins anymore if the price is that high, at least I don't.

How? Why?

You have, as an example, $1000. BTC/USD is $1, you buy $1000's worth of BTC (yielding 1000 BTC), BTC/USD rises 5% - you make 5% (i.e. $50).

Alternatively, BTC/USD is $10,000, you buy $1000's worth of BTC (yielding 0.1 BTC), BTC/USD rises 5% - you make 5% (i.e. $50).

What's the magic price at which people are somehow mysteriously unable to buy BTC? 1 BTC is subdivided into 100,000,000 smaller parts ("satoshis"). The cost of one satoshi right now is vanishingly small. Wake me up when 1 satoshi is over $1000 - then we can talk about unaffordability. Until then this "unaffordable coins" nonsense is just nonsense.

Buying bitcoin for speculation and profit.
Sure there will always be a market for buying bitcoin to spend, but with a higher price the speculation aspect will decrease which means you can have more ROI with other investments.
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 07:22:06 PM

I personally do not think it will be that high. And is the price being that high really a good thing because people will never be able to buy coins anymore if the price is that high, at least I don't.

How? Why?

Buying bitcoin for speculation and profit.
Sure there will always be a market for buying bitcoin to spend, but with a higher price the speculation aspect will decrease which means you can have more ROI with other investments.

So it's not a case of "people will never be able to buy coins anymore if the price is that high", but rather the argument Amph advanced - that people may choose not to buy.

This space intentionally left blank.
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 08:55:19 PM

I do not think this is possible if I'm honest I think the bitcoin is good but not so good, the amount is just way too high.
I think the bitcoin could maybe reach the amount of 5000 dollar once but this would be the maximum of all times.
terman45x

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 09:01:13 PM

I do not think this is possible if I'm honest I think the bitcoin is good but not so good, the amount is just way too high.
I think the bitcoin could maybe reach the amount of 5000 dollar once but this would be the maximum of all times.
Even reaching to 5000 is not easy, it will take a long time to reach there and that also if adaption level is to maximum level, its too high to expect from bitcoin at a moment.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 02:32:09 AM

Even reaching to 5000 is not easy, it will take a long time to reach there and that also if adaption level is to maximum level, its too high to expect from bitcoin at a moment.
speculations were went on that during block reward halving price may hit $800 to $900 and even more during year end, but reaching 5k per bitcoin is very difficult to achieve, to happen it can take few years.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Galiatram

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 09:50:16 AM

Tim Draper says bitcoin will hit $10,000 each within 3 years, check out the video:

http://chatwing.com/BITCOINVIDEOS

What do you think the price of bitcoin will be in 3 years?
Everything is possible but in just three years that's not realistic.
maybe it will reach 10k each but not within three years the publicity of it is to low.
More realistic is to say within three years he will be double of what is it is now.
jamesl22

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:36:55 AM

speculations were went on that during block reward halving price may hit $800 to $900 and even more during year end, but reaching 5k per bitcoin is very difficult to achieve, to happen it can take few years.

Yeah and I think $1k seems to be achievable by the end of the year as price is rising and if everything goes good at halving then achieving milestone of $1k would be easy.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3022

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 10:43:52 AM

Yeah and I think $1k seems to be achievable by the end of the year as price is rising and if everything goes good at halving then achieving milestone of $1k would be easy.
If the price hits $900 there's a possibility that the price will reach 1k value and i think we will see this price around october to december..
10k value is not impossible maybe it will happen in the future if all people know bitcoins..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
richkellj

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:21:55 AM

That's quite impossible in reality seeing the price reach the $10,000 level  but in future this will happen.
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:29:00 AM

$10,000 is not realistic. If the price will reached $1000 many will sold their coin that will result for a dipping price at least $100 margin.

And the rotation will just repeat through the rally that will happened.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
LMGTFY

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:29:52 AM

That's quite impossible in reality seeing the price reach the $10,000 level  but in future this will happen.

It's impossible but it will happen in the future? Is this due to quantum computing, or is it related to YoBit's sig campaign?

richkellj

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:47:37 AM

It's certainly possible. Achieving milestone of $1k would be easy at halving Grin
LMGTFY

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:53:51 AM

It's certainly possible. Achieving milestone of $1k would be easy at halving Grin

OK... so this...

Should have been...

That's quite possible in reality seeing the price reach the $10,000 level and in future this will happen.

When I see nonsensical posts and a YoBit signature I tend to assume it's signature spam.

maudevang

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 03:21:31 PM

That will not reach that fast as you can see now you see that the value of Bitcoin is not even rising and that is already a huge problem for the most people that have already Bitcoin.
And we have to be realistic and it would be maybe only reach the $500 in the end of the year so that is not that high.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 03:56:19 PM

Oh my god $10k value and i think it will not happen for this year maybe someday mroe decades will come and we will see this price but we are too old for that and i think i have more bitcoin save in my wallet..
And i think the price that we can see right now the price around 700-900 and if we are lucky we can see the price $1k.. Just lets hope that it will happen .. and support bitcoin and promote it to others..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 04:49:52 PM

$ 10 000 by the end of this year, can't happen, but we may see prices of $ 2,500, why not  Grin
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3995

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:10:40 PM

It is simply binary, people, almost nothing or a lot.
How much is a lot?

Gil Luria suggests that bitcoin is a new uncorrelated asset class.
the key words here are "uncorrelated" and "asset class"
Uncorrelated means that Wall street can use it to hedge their other investments using bitcoin, assuming fairly confidently that bitcoins price will not go up and down in sync with stocks, bonds or real estate. The problem right now is the other three DO correlate.

asset class means potentially trillions in value. There is NO point of being a miniscule asset class, because it would be too small for wealthy to allocate anything significant toward it.

Among asset classes, gold (plus other metals) is probably the smallest with 8 tril in value (stocks, bonds and RE are in tens of trillions in value).

Just for the sake of argument, assume that even 1/10 of one current asset class is enough to still belong to the asset class category.
This gives you ~800bil, so crypto would have AT LEAST 800bil.
As a leader of crypto, bitcoin (most likely) will have at least 70% total value, which brings it to 560 bil minimal value (at some point).
If some other crypto overcomes bitcoin, then it will have similar value.

therefore, here is my prediction: crypto value total-either close to zero (unlikely) or 800bil
Bitcoin (most likely, but could be ethereum or something else entirely)-560bil or $26666/bitcoin.
if it is too specific, then $20-40K. Timeframe is unknown, of course, but should not be more than 20-30 years.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:14:19 PM

$ 10 000 by the end of this year, can't happen, but we may see prices of $ 2,500, why not  Grin
Even $2,500 is a slightly more optimistic prediction in my opinion. Anything between $700 and $1,200 seems more likely to happen after the halving, assuming the market continues to act bullish and drive the price upwards.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: