Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:59:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: An example of why you probably don't want to waste your time on "johnniewalker"  (Read 4689 times)
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2012, 09:33:13 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2013, 10:25:15 AM by TECSHARE

Normally I don't do this kind of crap but in this circumstance I think it would serve the community to out this guy for what he is, a child throwing a fit when he doesn't get what he wants, incapable of any rational communication. Additionally I think johnniewalker could use a lesson on how things work around here, maybe he will pull his head out of his ass and learn something for his own good.

Below I am going to list our pm correspondence when I contacted him in regards to purchasing some of his silver coins. This is how NOT to do customer service boys and girls. Hopefully this will save some one the frustration of trying to deal with him.

I will buy those 90% dimes and quarters at spot. Can you quote me a total please?

I appreciate the offer. And with all due respect, please refer to the thread. That is where I have listed quotes.

Ill pay 10.4 BTC shipped to the US for your silver liberty dollar, 6 pre-1964 silver quarters, and  38 pre1964 silver dimes.

Deal

1CDaADUi8fHiisxgmPcMwYCJT8AbX8d93S

I would like you to send first please. if you review my trade history you will see I am good for it and then some.
if this is acceptable please ship to:

"ADDRESS"

So am I. Check my transactions/feedback. I don't like the send and get. If you send the coins today Ill have a tracking number for you (small flat rate priority). I'll even throw in a coin that came with that scrap pack, big polish coin .625 silver.

I'll even send you a video of me packing the thing at the post office and paying for it. I just don't do pay upon receipt. I'd understand if I was a n00b but I think I'm pretty well established on here.

I have been fronted $300+ before trading here, what sense would it make for me to rob you over a little over $100 and ruin my reputation? I spent a lot of time and money building up a solid rep with hundreds of trades and over a year and a half so I don't have to worry about getting ripped off. I am sorry but I will just wait until I find some one willing to ship first. thanks anyway.

Are you serious?  I offered to video tape myself at the mailbox and show you every step towards packaging and dropping it in the mailbox so it gets to you. Why would I have advertised silver when the spot price is so low? I'm paying interest on a loan that's almost paid off. Every day I don't pay it costs me more money. What assurance do I have that you won't run off? I know you talked about building up a reputation and all that, but you could say screw it and just leave and there I am, screwed. I really don't understand why you won't accept my offer of me videotaping the process and dropping the thing in the mailbox-it's pretty fool proof. This is what I have. I'm going to feel sick all holidays waiting for that money to show up. What assurance can you really provide me? You don't even give a name as your address.

I am sorry you are having problems, but this is not my concern. I have plenty of my own problems, and I didn't put you in this situation, you did. You say you have plenty of rep but you just registered about a MONTH ago. Maybe you feel that is a great track record but excuse me if I am not convinced. The assurance you have is that I have been trading here for a year and a half. I have done HUNDREDS of trades which you can verify yourself. I have been fronted in excess of $300, and every single trade I delivered what was agreed upon or at the very least a full refund. Bitcoin trading relies very heavily on reputation because of its anonymous nature and lack of ability for chargebacks. Until you build a more substantial reputation it is a fact you will just have to deal with. My offer stands. Let me know what you decide.

I'm not trying to compel you to do something because of the situation I'm in. I hate when people do that. Its like-that's your world, not mine. I was just telling you the position I'm in and thus giving you a rationale for my actions/requests. I have the coins, and if the offer stands thats good enough for me. Truth is I talked to my investee, told him the situation and since I paid back 50% and said I could do the other w/this deal he said lets wait on it. Your offer was reasonable, which shows you know this drop in silver is just a blip. I feel like as the new year comes more businesses and individuals are going to invest in tangible assets. And silver is a hell of a lot cheaper than silver! Thanks for the offer. I'll keep it in the back of my head. I understand you have to establish yourself and that takes time. Its just frustrating cause I know me-I know what I'm going to do. But what can you do?
Thanks

I'll send these to you with payment upon receipt, test the waters

Ill pay 10.4 BTC shipped to the US for your silver liberty dollar, 6 pre-1964 silver quarters, and  38 pre1964 silver dimes.

I will still honor this agreement if you want to complete it. Please let me know when you ship so I can get it and pay you promptly. Thanks.

If you're willing to go throw Escrow?

Really losing my patience here. Either do it or don't, I am done discussing it with you.

Oh so I'm not supposed to ask if you'll do escrow? Those coins are about all I have to my name. Losing your patience with me? I'm about to send all I got to some guy on the Internet, and when I mention escrow in order to ensure my financial security (aka I don't end up kicked out of the room I rent next month) you lose patience? Forget it. Btw it's a good idea to remain pleasant with someone you're going to do business with.

You are extremely childish, you can't make up your mind, and you have delusions about the quality of your reputation. Like I said, you are a waste of time to trade with. Why would I want to trade with someone who is constantly changing the terms of our agreement?

THIS is the reason why everyone gives you so much shit and no one trusts you. I gave you every opportunity to act like a professional but you are still acting like a kid throwing a tantrum at the slightest criticism. Have fun getting torn apart on this forum as you dig the hole deeper. Please don't contact me any further, I am under no circumstances interested in trading with you in the future.

If you are unwilling to do escrow through a seasoned user on here (a very simple step, I would set it all up-you'd just have to send them your coins) you either don't have the BTC or did not plan on ever sending them to me. Its pretty clear cut thats the case.

I'll send these to you with payment upon receipt, test the waters
   This is you offering to send first.

If you're willing to go throw Escrow?
This is you changing your mind.

This is a waste of time and unprofessional.
This is me not contacting you anymore.

Everyone? What? I'm unprofessional? In what world do people blindly send goods and cross their fingers that they receive compensation? Yeah I know about your record, but any day could be the day you say fuck it and cash out.
I haven't changed my mind once. If you are not willing to go through escrow, I will not sell these to you. If you have the BTC, why not send them now (to a third party)? Answer me that.
Your message made very little sense to me. Childish? Childish is sending off your money and hoping it comes back. If you fail to see things from my point of you then you are very childish.

You're so full of shit I literally think you're somewhat delusional. I've given no one a reason not to trust me, and I'm not planning on it.

Tecshare,
I don't want to deal with any more BS. I'd just like to or not to conduct business, and leave it at that. Having said that, I notice both of us are into a variety of things in the marketplace. I remember seeing a huge list of domains you had. I'd just like to ask if you'd want to buy mine. I think they're all pretty top domains-and the CEO of BitInstant even bought one tonight (I just thought that was cool). So, for 15BTC you can have every domain on this list:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136039.0
If you aren't interested, a simple "no" will suffice.
Thanks

How many times do I have to ask you not to contact me before it actually sinks in I don't want to trade with you?

Man I have no idea what your deal is. I'm not sending you another single message. Good luck being successful with that attitude you have though.

LESS THAN A MONTH LATER

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=58518.msg1533415#msg1533415

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 09:49:19 AM

This is why you should probably accept escrow.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2012, 09:50:34 AM

He is the seller. I am a buyer. As a buyer I don't really give a shit - this deal isn't that special. I like p2p trades, if he doesn't I will take my money elsewhere. Normally this would be communicated and left at that but he not only seemed to take it personally and get upset about it, but he also made an offer. Then once I agreed again, he changed the terms. My main issue is with his lack of ability to honor agreements as well as his lack of communication skills. I would hate to be on the buying end of a bunk trade with this guy, which is why I would not accept escrow even if it was that special.
lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3649
Merit: 1412

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 10:29:29 AM

Well, if i get it right, this is not actually about accepting escrow or not,
it's about the seller changing his mind.
First he accepts the deal to "test the waters", later he changes his mind and offers escrow. And then he doesn't even admit he changed his mind, denies that he ever did.

Besides that he wonders in what world people blindly send stuff, but at first wanted the buyer to blindly send coins upfront.

Pretty strange that is.  Grin
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2012, 12:11:54 PM

Why did you refuse escrow? He clearly doesn't trust you.

I know you for a very long time, and some of your deals too, but I wouldn't trade without using the escrow thing either. You can't patronize like that, the actual terms have not changed only the payment security. Take it or leave it, but don't open up a thread to make a fool of yourself.

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 01:12:59 PM

I love how the whiskey guy thinks he's trustworthy when each and everyone of his offers turned out to be laden with fakes and/or false product descriptions.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2012, 08:22:21 PM

Why did you refuse escrow? He clearly doesn't trust you.

I know you for a very long time, and some of your deals too, but I wouldn't trade without using the escrow thing either. You can't patronize like that, the actual terms have not changed only the payment security. Take it or leave it, but don't open up a thread to make a fool of yourself.

As I said earlier I have a personal policy of no escrow UNLESS I am selling or I REALLY want something. In this case, even if I did really want it I wouldn't do escrow because I don't trust this guy further than I could throw him. Additionally he did change the terms, I said very clearly I will not trade with him unless he sends first, he refuses, we go our separate ways. Then he contacts me AGAIN baiting me by saying he will ship first then again changes his mind. I don't feel an ounce of shame for posting this, this is what happens when you curse out your customers and waste their time.
underminer

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Not for hire.

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 09:30:46 PM

I am no johnnie fan, but something tells me that your main reason for posting is to secure business on this forum for your metal trades in the future.  It's not really like he is competition for you, but I still kind of think this is a bit of a dirty move on your part Tec.

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2012, 10:12:24 PM

Competition, that's funny. Have I done this to ANY other metal seller? If by your logic this is to increase my own sales how does this help me exactly if he is already pissing off his customers on his own?
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 10:30:33 PM

you can't agree on a deal with someone and now complaining on the forums? do i need to call a whaaabulance for you?

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 10:58:36 PM

Did I say you have?  If you want to try reading again, what I said was that it's not like he is competition, you in general looking like much less of an asshat.

I can break down how making your competition look bad makes you look better if you really really want me too, just ask again nicely.

I know believe 100% what I tentatively said earlier.  This thread is intended as a poke in the ribs, it's primary purpose is not to protect other users.

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2012, 11:02:09 PM

Normally I don't do this kind of crap

Actually, yes, you do!

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2012, 11:05:54 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2012, 11:23:44 PM by TECSHARE

Normally I don't do this kind of crap

Actually, yes, you do!

You are confusing it with yourself. If it is the truth quote me here I'm game. Let the removal of context begin!
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2012, 11:28:45 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2012, 01:05:45 AM by TECSHARE

Did I say you have?  If you want to try reading again, what I said was that it's not like he is competition, you in general looking like much less of an asshat.

I can break down how making your competition look bad makes you look better if you really really want me too, just ask again nicely.

I know believe 100% what I tentatively said earlier.  This thread is intended as a poke in the ribs, it's primary purpose is not to protect other users.

At what point did I say "protecting other users" was my primary purpose? If his own words make him look like an ass, well maybe he should stop acting like an ass.  Your damn right this is a poke in the ribs! I don't like having my time wasted and neither do a lot of other forum users. Of course there are a few here who have TOO much time...
underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 11:40:56 PM

I can look up the meaning of the word "implication" for you, if you want.

An example of why you probably don't want to waste your time on "johnniewalker"

Sounds more like what at first glace?  But to tell you the truth I don't care about your *primary* purpose, or how you spend your time.  I care (because it affects me) about actions of users on the forum and I noticed you are acting like a piece of shit.

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 01:00:17 AM

I can look up the meaning of the word "implication" for you, if you want.

An example of why you probably don't want to waste your time on "johnniewalker"

Sounds more like what at first glace?  But to tell you the truth I don't care about your *primary* purpose, or how you spend your time.  I care (because it affects me) about actions of users on the forum and I noticed you are acting like a piece of shit.

Personal insults now. I see. Clearly your primary purpose here is to protect the other users on the forum is it? BTW whats a glace?
underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 01:05:03 AM

Lol.  Glance.  Moving right along, did I say that?  No.  As I said--it affects me--for someone who can't read you are awfully picky.

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 01:07:46 AM

Lol.  Glance.  Moving right along, did I say that?  No.  As I said--it affects me--for someone who can't read you are awfully picky.

I can read, just using your own words to demonstrate your hypocrisy. Thanks for the help.
underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 01:09:49 AM

lolwut?  Please, explain what you mean by that.  Also:

*Hypocrisy

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 01:15:35 AM

lolwut?  Please, explain what you mean by that.  Also:

*Hypocrisy

I can't read? Its spelled correctly already lol.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: