Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:06:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacked, cracked, carded... bitcointalk - home of scumbags  (Read 4301 times)
whywefight (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 08:23:09 PM

again i am not talking about scams, i am talking about selling cracked, hacked and carded stuff.
Yup, you're not. You're talking about banning someone based on the assumption that he/she broke the service's(unrelated to bitcointalk) TOS. Bannable offense that is , my young padawan /sarcasm

mexxer you got something wrong, i never asked or assumed to ban people Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2016, 10:22:05 PM

again i am not talking about scams, i am talking about selling cracked, hacked and carded stuff.
Yup, you're not. You're talking about banning someone based on the assumption that he/she broke the service's(unrelated to bitcointalk) TOS. Bannable offense that is , my young padawan /sarcasm

The tough question though - which I might have overlooked in my enthusiasm earlier - is where is the border? 80% discount is probably carded, how about 50%, 20%, 12.499999%?

You asked hilarious if they think an 80% discount is legit, but ignored their question about where the cut off point is between obviously carded and quicksale. The board will most likely stay as it is, if its obviously illegal (fake IDs) it will be removed, if its borderline (99.79% discount) it will stay.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
whywefight (OP)
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 10:52:20 PM

The tough question though - which I might have overlooked in my enthusiasm earlier - is where is the border? 80% discount is probably carded, how about 50%, 20%, 12.499999%?

You asked hilarious if they think an 80% discount is legit, but ignored their question about where the cut off point is between obviously carded and quicksale. The board will most likely stay as it is, if its obviously illegal (fake IDs) it will be removed, if its borderline (99.79% discount) it will stay.

okay i thought in one of my messages i wrote: if i want to sell something because i have it around but dont need it or need quick bucks, i might give an awesome discount (like 80%). but this wont work on hundreds of accounts. even if you are a reseller of whatsover you wont be able to provide endless awesome discounts on accs but you might be able to show some proof.

dont get me wrong, i like cheap stuff too but like i said before numerous times: 3$ on a netflix lifetime acc? NO WAY. I also not saying to kick anything in question that might be not legit, i would be happy with those that are obvious.

whywefight (OP)
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 11:24:25 AM

just let me push this back up while waiting on some statements...

whywefight (OP)
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 04:58:51 PM

I just got a statement from grue via pm regarding msdn keys:

It's been widely stated that the forum does not moderate possible scams. So to answer your question, yes, the forum allows topic selling MSDN keys.

ill skip my comment on this....

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 05:42:32 PM

Yup, you're not. You're talking about banningmoderating someone based on the assumption that he/she broke the service's(unrelated to bitcointalk) TOS.
It's been widely stated that the forum does not moderate possible scams. So to answer your question, yes, the forum allows topic selling MSDN keys.

I find this weirdly similar to what I said
whywefight (OP)
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 05:56:28 PM

Yup, you're not. You're talking about banningmoderating someone based on the assumption that he/she broke the service's(unrelated to bitcointalk) TOS.

I find this weirdly similar to what I said

yeah cool on that. if its what the staff says i am okay with it, obvious i have to. loosing a battle doesnt mean loosing the war.

Just wanted to add: Its not an "assumption" if people clearly state those keys are MSDN based.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 08:32:23 PM

-snip-
Just wanted to add: Its not an "assumption" if people clearly state those keys are MSDN based.

Its not, its just that staff wants to stay out this. Its the same when theymos does not restore (possibly) hacked and (possibly) sold accounts to the original owner. Someone from DT might want to issue warnings against those (like Vod did for MS keys), but it will probably not stop them. Neither buyers nor sellers.

btw, as expected my reports ratings dropped a percentage point, so I got the message.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
whywefight (OP)
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 09:22:59 PM

-snip-

Its not, its just that staff wants to stay out this. Its the same when theymos does not restore (possibly) hacked and (possibly) sold accounts to the original owner. Someone from DT might want to issue warnings against those (like Vod did for MS keys), but it will probably not stop them. Neither buyers nor sellers.

btw, as expected my reports ratings dropped a percentage point, so I got the message.

it fine if there is an official statement.

it seems it depends who works on the reports, some get taken down, others not

cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 09:35:54 PM

This has been something that's bugged me for quite a while.  I used to give negs to people that were selling things that looked to be illigitimately gained, but there's so many of them that it's just useless.  There's no enforcement of any sort of policy against this.  That's one of the reasons I stopped doing escrow, who knows where the item I'm helping to sell came from.

However, it would be hard to make a policy that would fix this...  If it's a 'common sense' policy based on price it will just let the carders sell for more, blocking out the legitimate sellers.  The best thing to do is just trade with reputable members or get the card shipped with a receipt.

wayniac30

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 07:27:50 PM

This has been something that's bugged me for quite a while.  I used to give negs to people that were selling things that looked to be illigitimately gained, but there's so many of them that it's just useless.  There's no enforcement of any sort of policy against this.  That's one of the reasons I stopped doing escrow, who knows where the item I'm helping to sell came from.

However, it would be hard to make a policy that would fix this...  If it's a 'common sense' policy based on price it will just let the carders sell for more, blocking out the legitimate sellers.  The best thing to do is just trade with reputable members or get the card shipped with a receipt.

Why? I know some good forums that do exactly that. The name of this forum is "Bitcoin TALK"... how would this forum evolve without the section where keys/hacked accounts/etc... are sold?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 09:34:12 PM

Actually no. The situation currently is that we are ignoring everything for the (possibly) 1% of users that are selling legit accounts. There is no rational reason for a person to have a bulk of legit accounts (e.g. netflix) and to sell them at a price that is 90% or more lower than their actual value. We are choosing to ignore this because there is no 'hard evidence', although I'd say that we don't need it in this case and can draw to conclusion based on assumptions that are rational.

Currently, if there is proof (e.g. statement that it is cracked) then the thread should be removed. There have been no changes to the policy.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
wayniac30

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 10:10:08 PM

Actually no. The situation currently is that we are ignoring everything for the (possibly) 1% of users that are selling legit accounts. There is no rational reason for a person to have a bulk of legit accounts (e.g. netflix) and to sell them at a price that is 90% or more lower than their actual value. We are choosing to ignore this because there is no 'hard evidence', although I'd say that we don't need it in this case and can draw to conclusion based on assumptions that are rational.

Currently, if there is proof (e.g. statement that it is cracked) then the thread should be removed. There have been no changes to the policy.

But there is common sense and like you explained yourself there is no reason to sell accounts like that under priced.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 10:41:29 PM

I think a lot of people here are okay with buying carded gift cards at massive discounts. They don't ask questions; they just want their cheap coffee. You could start removing threads that were "too good to be true" but then then the carders would continue to sell at shittier discounts to cover up that they are carded. The only way to stop it is to stop the demand and that doesn't seem likely to happen.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 10:55:07 PM

You could start removing threads that were "too good to be true" but then then the carders would continue to sell at shittier discounts to cover up that they are carded. The only way to stop it is to stop the demand and that doesn't seem likely to happen.
That would at least decrease the demand due to prices being less 'impressive' for users. Although you do make a good point about that one. I dislike the idea of selling stolen goods though. From a buyers perspective, if the seller doesn't scam (i.e. doesn't provide the goods at all), there is no reason to not want the goods due to the prices (if they don't care about the theft).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
whywefight (OP)
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 11:16:40 PM

most sellers tell about their goods right away if they are cracked or not...

whywefight (OP)
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 10:18:23 PM

to get a clear statement i wrote a pm to badbear and theymos. after looking after some old threads where the issue was discussed before i guess everything will stay as it is.

eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 02:02:44 PM

Vouches from high ranked members would be the answer in my opinion. That way things would be clearer. And also answers should be given the next day not after 5 minutes which is clearly a bogus answer since in 5 minutes the product couldn't be tested. Those coffee cards for example.

whywefight (OP)
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 12:08:01 AM

funny, i reported threads where OP clearly stated they selling cracked accounts, my accuracy wents down 6%... you guys kiding me right? Okay, if the staff is cool with cracked accounts, why not just openly admit it??

so fucking lol

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 12:09:27 AM

funny, i reported threads where OP clearly stated they selling cracked accounts, my accuracy wents down 6%... you guys kiding me right? Okay, if the staff is cool with cracked accounts, why not just openly admit it??

so fucking lol
Those threads should be removed AFAIK. I'm not sure about invite-only sites anymore. However, if someone states that they are selling cracked accounts those should be removed.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: