Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:31:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you consider OKpay to be trustworthy? Why or why not?  (Read 31609 times)
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:23:00 PM

Jeez I should have read this thread before sending them money through Sofortbanking which is now "on hold" (even though Sofortbanking is instant).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:23:13 AM

Jeez I should have read this thread before sending them money through Sofortbanking which is now "on hold" (even though Sofortbanking is instant).

So glad I found this thread before I gave them too much of my info and/or any money.
bill_d

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:47:28 PM

I became convinced OKPay were scamming because I could not get any information from customer support regarding a £5k deposit. It seems my money got left behind when they changed banks for processing GBP payments but they never told me this. Eventually I got my money back when my bank made some calls for me. To be fair to them, I don't think they were scamming me now but the level of information from customer service was very poor. This was a lot of money for me and they just could not tell me where it was!
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:30:43 PM

I became convinced OKPay were scamming because I could not get any information from customer support regarding a £5k deposit. It seems my money got left behind when they changed banks for processing GBP payments but they never told me this. Eventually I got my money back when my bank made some calls for me. To be fair to them, I don't think they were scamming me now but the level of information from customer service was very poor. This was a lot of money for me and they just could not tell me where it was!

Good to hear you got your money back, but yeah, that would scare the crap out of anybody. I've read so many bad things about them and since there seems to be sooooooo many scam sites.  I'm nervous about putting money in that I may never get back.

pleiotropik

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:30:30 PM

Update:  i finally saw my 2k usd in my account. I conclude it is not a scam... Took them a month to sort things out. way too much fro normal operations. Will keep the account for emergency purposes only and to see if they polish their act moving forward.

This way, 1/2 apology proffered to okpay. the other 1/2, not since it is inexcusable to not be able to sort things out with due diligence.
feebs

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:53:58 AM

i know okpay has a lot of seo personnel doing the good deeds they need to cloud their real quality - that quality is the most bad customer service in this planet and oh they keep your money for x number of days probably trading bitcoin with them
Evil ravioli

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:41:08 PM

Necropost  Grin
Guys, anyone fund OKPAY with bank wire ?
OKPAY

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 12:40:28 PM

Necropost  Grin
Guys, anyone fund OKPAY with bank wire ?

Good day, i can help you with some information abont it. Please specify which information do you need.
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 12:44:58 PM

i know okpay has a lot of seo personnel doing the good deeds they need to cloud their real quality - that quality is the most bad customer service in this planet and oh they keep your money for x number of days probably trading bitcoin with them

I have to agree with the customer service i have never been so annoyed opening an account with anyone like i was with them, i believe they trade threw moneypolo's name/reputation and i was able to get my account verified with them first attempt but when it came to OKpay i was run around repeatedly saying my id what got me verified on moneypolo and other sites was not good enough and was declined this happened about 3 times then i told them how i felt about them and moved on after closing my account! Then they continue to send me emails but i cannot see what they are saying because i closed the account because the lack of customer service and impossible verification, i was close to offering them a few dollars to sort it and i am sure that would have worked. Would not bother wasting your time with them.
peterricken

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 04:04:48 PM

It's a good company, trustworthy if you want to have your funds locked indefinetly and enjoy masochist pleasures.
It's trustworthy if you want confuse instructions how to unlock your account and even after providing them with all the documents, including apostiled copies the invent another excuse to keep your funds a little more.

It's the same text but because I posted in the wrong section in bitcointalk it probably is better to have a backup link provided.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=973924.0 or http://www.talkgold.com/forum/r432999-.html

So why not give them a try and then maybe return here and say with me that okpay.com is a scam?
peterricken

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 03:22:39 PM

Don't worry there's more. They don't even stick to their own terms and conditions.
They share your information with 3rd parties, contrary to what they say.
I was told that the documents are shared with the bank and it was the one that didn't approve but how can that be possible?
I never sent a wire, received a wire and had no relationship with any bank.
This sounds to me that the bank is a third party to me and it's against what they say:

"Unless ordered by a ruling body of competent jurisdiction acceptable to Issuer, Issuer shall not reveal User’s contact or identifying information or transaction history to any third party." - so in my case the bank is a third party.

A second update is that they now added one more country on the approved apostile and notarization list. Does this mean their terms and conditions are negotiable? At first there was no specific request, then only UK, now UK and Germany. Maybe more countries will be added soon?
I'll keep you posted.
peterricken

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 02:55:41 PM

Another proof of why not accepting my apostile because it's not issued in a certain country is not according to the Hague Convention rules.
Please refer to the http://www.hcch.net/upload/abc12e.pdf - Question 13 and you'll see it's not a legal reason of denying an apostile the fact that it's not issued in a certain country.
This information is from an official site.
gazaigh3eiYi

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 11:56:18 PM

They are document scammers in my opinion.

To verify my account I've chosen my drivers license - uploaded address proof & DL scan. Then waiting and waiting and I've got this response:
Me: I've provided my driver's licence

OKPAY Support:
Hello, thank you for using OKPAY Services!
For additional verification purposes you need to Provide an ADDITIONAL identity confirmation document.
Thank you for cooperation

So I was like WTF OMG? If they *give* me the choice to upload EITHER DL OR ID card OR passport, and now they change the rules.  Finally I agreed to upload my passport scan (I do not feel safe with that, too much ID!).

So finally the verification went through and I was testing what I can do with this wallet, I topped up BTCe and then received small quantity back. Then I tried to apply for the prepaid card, but realized the application was blocked because I've received from BTCe - what a crap is that? After long conversation they finally explained you can EITHER have a card OR receive funds from BTCe - mutually exclusive. (sending funds to BTCe seems to be no problem). What a bad and deceptive service is that............  Kiss Kiss Kiss

So, I cleaned up my account to have 0.00 in the wallet and started from scratch - my funds went to BTCe to have 0 "dirty" USD in the wallet. Then I topped it up again with "clean" USD - and tried to apply for the card. Then they started to scam me for NOTARIZED copies of documents - WTF is that? They even do not have an address of them own given on their page - you even do not knwo to whom you are talking. Their domains and info are using anonymizer service to hide the true owner of the domain. So basically you have no clue to whom you are talking to.

here is the conversation:

OKPAY Card Order XXXXX received.
Comments

OKPAY Support:
Hello, please note due to increased number of documents theft and creating counterfeit accounts we have taken additional security measures for accounts safety. Bank needs to send notarized copies of passport and address proof document to Prague, please inform us do you agree to send them or would like to cancel card order? Thank you

ME:
Hm, but this will take lot of time right? I do not understand why you always change the rules - I've already sent you more documents than originally necessary - my drivers license and my passport. I can send you a scanned copy of my passport with notary legalization stamps - that means that I went in person to notary and they checked my passport physically.
I could only send notarized documents directly to the bank but not to OKPAY - since I do not agree to send notarized documents to third parties - who assures me that okpay is legit for example?
Or I can send you a copy of my contract to rent my apartment (it is on my name and name of my fiance). Or I can send you a photo of me with my passport.  Or you call me on my telephone in German language. Or... I don't know?!
How should we proceed?
I never had such complications to just get a _prepaid_ card (means I cannot spend more than I charge onto the card).

(silence)

ME: (again)
call me please on my landline in German language NOW: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

OKPAY Support
In this case if you can ot send requested documents to Prague office we have to close card order and return you paid amount. We are sorry for inconvenience. Thank you

So, I even offered them I'll send my documents directly to the bank issuing the card - which should be ok. But what the hell should I send NOTARIZED copy (that can be used to open bank accounts etc in my name by them etc) to OKPAY who even does not want to provide THEIR address on their own site? For me it is a total document scam.

I'll report them to FBI for document scamming and the local consumer QC (when I find where is their registered office really).

If you have experienced similar problems, you can fill an online complaint here against them, if you believe you were scammed:

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

I'll research their legal offices and will complain to consumer protection bureau in their country too.
Guys do not hesitate to go for that . you can only win! Go FULL IN and lets see their poker face - they have no cards in the hand I tell you. Otherwise they would tell me "ok this is the bank that will issue your card send your documents to bank XXXX,YYYY".

my opinion.
Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 12:00:08 AM

I would say no!

They once froze my account after I sold some BTC for OKpay. They didn't give me any updates and when it was finally open they deducted the whole amount I got sent and never told me what exactly happend. The buyer sent me the BTC back, so all was fine, but fk OKpay.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
gazaigh3eiYi

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 12:11:18 AM

Their host their servers in the Netherlands - perfect. As I have a contact at the EUROPOL in the Netherlands - perfect for me.

www.okpay.com has address 78.140.166.72

whois 78.140.166.72

% Abuse contact for '78.140.166.0 - 78.140.166.255' is 'abuse@webzilla.com'

inetnum:        78.140.166.0 - 78.140.166.255
netname:        WEBAZILLA
descr:          WebaZilla
remarks:        INFRA-AW
admin-c:        WZNL1-RIPE
tech-c:         WZNL1-RIPE
mnt-by:         WZNET-MNT
source:         RIPE # Filtered

role:           WebaZilla RIPE Manager
address:        WebaZilla B.V.
address:        Postbus 19115
address:        3501DC Utrecht
address:        Netherlands
phone:          +31612253464
fax-no:         +31303100299
abuse-mailbox:  abuse@webzilla.com
admin-c:        BK5536-RIPE
tech-c:         BK5536-RIPE
tech-c:         KV1670-RIPE
nic-hdl:        WZNL1-RIPE

% Information related to '78.140.128.0/18AS35415'

route:          78.140.128.0/18
descr:          WEBAZILLA
origin:         AS35415

As you probably see from the whois info, the registrar is also a dubious one - the physical contact address is an anonymizer address in Utrecht - Postbus 19115 - I won't be even surprised if same people are behind OKPAY and WEBAZILLA. Cyprus connection = likely Russia. If you uploaded your documents to OKPAY I would say they are now in Russia (whatever it *means* to you guys).

A serious domain registrar provides y physical address and real contact, not fake anonymizer PO. E.g. german Schlundtech:
Domain: schlundtech.de
Nserver: nsa.domain-robot.org
Nserver: nsb.domain-robot.org
Nserver: nsc.domain-robot.org
Nserver: nsd.domain-robot.org
Changed: 2011-01-04T13:33:30+01:00

[Tech-C]
Type: PERSON
Name: Marius Wunner
Organisation: InterNetX GmbH
Address: Maximilianstrasse 6
PostalCode: 93047
City: Regensburg
CountryCode: DE
Phone: +49.941595590
Fax: +49.94159579050
Email: hostmaster@internetx.de
Changed: 2009-12-11T16:54:15+01:00

[Zone-C]
Type: PERSON
Name: Curd Bems
Address: Maximilianstrasse 6
PostalCode: 93047
City: Regensburg
CountryCode: DE
Phone: +49-941-59559-0
Fax: +49-941-59559-457
Email: cb@schlundtech.de
Changed: 2005-04-01T11:43:10+02:00

you notice the difference?
cheers.
peterricken

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:50:46 PM

They are document scammers in my opinion.

To verify my account I've chosen my drivers license - uploaded address proof & DL scan. Then waiting and waiting and I've got this response:
Me: I've provided my driver's licence

OKPAY Support:
Hello, thank you for using OKPAY Services!
For additional verification purposes you need to Provide an ADDITIONAL identity confirmation document.
Thank you for cooperation

So I was like WTF OMG? If they *give* me the choice to upload EITHER DL OR ID card OR passport, and now they change the rules.  Finally I agreed to upload my passport scan (I do not feel safe with that, too much ID!).

So finally the verification went through and I was testing what I can do with this wallet, I topped up BTCe and then received small quantity back. Then I tried to apply for the prepaid card, but realized the application was blocked because I've received from BTCe - what a crap is that? After long conversation they finally explained you can EITHER have a card OR receive funds from BTCe - mutually exclusive. (sending funds to BTCe seems to be no problem). What a bad and deceptive service is that............  Kiss Kiss Kiss

So, I cleaned up my account to have 0.00 in the wallet and started from scratch - my funds went to BTCe to have 0 "dirty" USD in the wallet. Then I topped it up again with "clean" USD - and tried to apply for the card. Then they started to scam me for NOTARIZED copies of documents - WTF is that? They even do not have an address of them own given on their page - you even do not knwo to whom you are talking. Their domains and info are using anonymizer service to hide the true owner of the domain. So basically you have no clue to whom you are talking to.

here is the conversation:

OKPAY Card Order XXXXX received.
Comments

OKPAY Support:
Hello, please note due to increased number of documents theft and creating counterfeit accounts we have taken additional security measures for accounts safety. Bank needs to send notarized copies of passport and address proof document to Prague, please inform us do you agree to send them or would like to cancel card order? Thank you

ME:
Hm, but this will take lot of time right? I do not understand why you always change the rules - I've already sent you more documents than originally necessary - my drivers license and my passport. I can send you a scanned copy of my passport with notary legalization stamps - that means that I went in person to notary and they checked my passport physically.
I could only send notarized documents directly to the bank but not to OKPAY - since I do not agree to send notarized documents to third parties - who assures me that okpay is legit for example?
Or I can send you a copy of my contract to rent my apartment (it is on my name and name of my fiance). Or I can send you a photo of me with my passport.  Or you call me on my telephone in German language. Or... I don't know?!
How should we proceed?
I never had such complications to just get a _prepaid_ card (means I cannot spend more than I charge onto the card).

(silence)

ME: (again)
call me please on my landline in German language NOW: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

OKPAY Support
In this case if you can ot send requested documents to Prague office we have to close card order and return you paid amount. We are sorry for inconvenience. Thank you

So, I even offered them I'll send my documents directly to the bank issuing the card - which should be ok. But what the hell should I send NOTARIZED copy (that can be used to open bank accounts etc in my name by them etc) to OKPAY who even does not want to provide THEIR address on their own site? For me it is a total document scam.

I'll report them to FBI for document scamming and the local consumer QC (when I find where is their registered office really).

If you have experienced similar problems, you can fill an online complaint here against them, if you believe you were scammed:

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

I'll research their legal offices and will complain to consumer protection bureau in their country too.
Guys do not hesitate to go for that . you can only win! Go FULL IN and lets see their poker face - they have no cards in the hand I tell you. Otherwise they would tell me "ok this is the bank that will issue your card send your documents to bank XXXX,YYYY".

my opinion.

Hi,

Well the issue is that even sending them official documents, notarized and apostiled as they request ( prior to doing bait and switch ) will get you nowhere. I have gotten confirmation even from an official Ministry but they decided to ignore:

Post from another thread:

I GOT THE FIRST OFFICIAL ANSWER REGARDING MY APOSTILLE SITUATION:

I have ommited the countries and full names but I can show the original email if someone needs confirmation. It originates from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Y  ( the country where I was asked to send the documents )

Hello Mr P R,

In reference to your email, I wish to convey to you the following
information:

1. If your documents have made apostile in X you can use them in
Y.
2. To check the number of apostile should contact the X authorities
responsible for apostile.

Best Regards,

P E

OFFICIAL PROOF ONE OKPAY IS CLEARLY A SCAM BECAUSE THEY LIE ABOUT THAT INVENTED REQUIREMENT OF A CERTAIN COUNTRY !
MORE TO COME AND WILL POST ALSO STATUSES OF LEGAL COMPLAINTS AGAINST THE COMPANY !
peterricken

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:52:19 PM

Also I noted you were asked to send documents to Prague?
I've sent them to Cyprus?

So I've got money locked and my identity stolen...
Butterman

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 03:44:13 PM

Recently I've noticed that OKPAY is starting to work under EU Cyprus supervision: https://www.okpay.com/en/company/news/we-are-becoming-a-eu-regulated-company/. Will this effect somehow on wire transfers processing ?
grindio

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:48:56 PM

P.S.  I did also see a couple of reports online from people saying they got locked out of their merchant accounts after building up large balances... So maybe they are not trustworthy to hold large amounts.

Hi guys, let me assure you that the only ones complaining are real scammers that got busted by our security dept. As you know such people will do anything possible to discrete our name except providing required documents/proof/etc. Nothing to do with bitcoin thought. You can stay unverified as long as you use your 300 EUR monlthy limit or approve your account and get full access.
Don't understand what's the deal with http://www.ptc-investigation.com/pages/okpay.aspx website anyway. Does it look legit? Nope! haha. most of the info is outdated there and why even trust such resources? When you can get all the information from the first source.
Stephen Gornick is right, identification is required if you are going to use bank or related services.

I'm am complaining and I'm not a scammer, just check the blockchain information

It took me more than month to get verified in okpay, a very very frustrating process, I was about to give up but I'm finally got registred. So I started testing the system with small amounts of money, sending money from moneypolo and vice versa, I even uploaded my account with bitcoins. But when I tried to withdraw 20 dollars in bitcoins they debited the amount and my wallet detected a transaction but no confirmation after 72 hours. I chated with support and they only told me "the transaction was sent, wait, is the blockchain's fault". Interesting way of scamming some one. You set the miner's fee low, transaction is sent, but not confirmed, and then you get to keep your client's money and the bitcoins. Smashing, how klever these lads are. It's the blockchain's to blame, or maybe isis, north Korea or just Mickey mouse.

My account I'd is 952011981
Transaction I'd 20062552
And this is the blockchain information:
1HRysKiRTpgRAQEytxFPcxF4SrCh57FNGf
External transaction 3448f3faa483d08a9387bf49808bb762b8be93b3780b657cb947d5707e477a38

They are not british they only use the uk as image, be aware.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: