Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:18:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitgo's opinion  (Read 679 times)
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 05:21:24 AM

http://belshe.com/2016/01/18/bitcoin-blocksize-and-the-future/

recent article

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 07:04:46 AM

I also feel Bitcoin classic is a best way to go. Also, since miners support it, no need to go further, they move the entire network.

About Bitgo, I use it for some time, no issues, great service.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 07:13:51 AM

I may need to move my coins to a BitGo wallet because of their Instant feature which looks very promising.

Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 10:32:38 AM

I also feel Bitcoin classic is a best way to go. Also, since miners support it, no need to go further, they move the entire network.

No, I don't think so. I don't have any idea if we should increase the blocksize, but I'm sure is that an hard fork will never be a solution, because it's breaking the fundamental rule of Bitcoin : the consensus.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 03:05:31 AM

No, I don't think so. I don't have any idea if we should increase the blocksize, but I'm sure is that an hard fork will never be a solution, because it's breaking the fundamental rule of Bitcoin : the consensus.

If every single person forked all at once that would be enough consensus for me. There've been hard forks in the past to solve problems that were universally agreed on. Don't think it's happening this time though.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 03:28:26 AM

i dont think the solution is classic agenda or blockstreams.

id prefer 100 developers to release an implementation that is nothing more than a 2mb block increase..
where all implementations can talk to each other as they are all the same but allow programmers to then do their own independant glamour features to the GUI (such as segwit) but not messing with consensus hard rules ..
that way there is more than one source of the same hard code. allowing freedom of choice while still being part of the network and able to b innovative with the softer stuff

that way it defeats both debates of banker control(classic r3) and centralized and dictator roadmaps(blockstream)

then the millions of users can actually get 2mb block buffer to allow capacity growth naturally.. without getting involved in the band camp debate

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 07:50:36 AM

I think it really does not matter what we think. All it matters is what large farms think cause they re the ones moving the blockchain.

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 08:01:24 AM

Consensus is never going to happen anymore. Bitcoin has gotten too big with too many players with different agendas to reach consensus on the level they want it.

Look in your local government for example, how many parties are there? The same is happening in bitcoin. Different parties with different opinions not wanting to work together or agree with eachother.
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 08:17:06 AM

Consensus is never going to happen anymore. Bitcoin has gotten too big with too many players with different agendas to reach consensus on the level they want it.

Look in your local government for example, how many parties are there? The same is happening in bitcoin. Different parties with different opinions not wanting to work together or agree with eachother.

Exactly. This is why I say the most important vote bears the one who contributes to the network the most. Consensus s not going to happen, I agree, too many vested interests.

sadface

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 09:15:09 AM

why exactly can't a hard fork be a solution? i don't understand your reasoning.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 10:58:30 AM

Good article and pretty much to the point, 2mb to start with and see how it goes.  work on segw and lightning for the future.   Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: