Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:56:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion about the life time of hardware  (Read 1634 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 02:47:11 AM

Have you thought about cloud mining? Plenty of people choose to do so. I personally prefer to have the miners at home since my electricity is cheap and 5 months per year I use the heat to warm my house.

For my first 4 miners, counting heat recuperation I have electricity for about 0.06 $US/Kwh

Cloud mining is full of so many scam sites it's scary.   If you do choose cloud go over to hashnest, that is about as good as it gets.

But I like to have mine myself as I like to tinker with the miners.   There is initial setup costs with a mining area but if you are planning to mine long term it is not a bad investment.  Keep in mind there is no ROI guarantees.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Myffas

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 03:51:12 AM

Have you thought about cloud mining? Plenty of people choose to do so. I personally prefer to have the miners at home since my electricity is cheap and 5 months per year I use the heat to warm my house.

For my first 4 miners, counting heat recuperation I have electricity for about 0.06 $US/Kwh

Cloud mining is full of so many scam sites it's scary.   If you do choose cloud go over to hashnest, that is about as good as it gets.

But I like to have mine myself as I like to tinker with the miners.   There is initial setup costs with a mining area but if you are planning to mine long term it is not a bad investment.  Keep in mind there is no ROI guarantees.

I would also guess that many people were scammed on cloud mining.

Given my electricity rates and my capacity to reuse heat I would have liked to host miners but it seems impossible until I get that many posts which grants me a better title in this forum.

Meanwhile, I will keep reinvesting mining income on new miners.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 05:23:25 AM

I would also guess that many people were scammed on cloud mining.

Given my electricity rates and my capacity to reuse heat I would have liked to host miners but it seems impossible until I get that many posts which grants me a better title in this forum.

Meanwhile, I will keep reinvesting mining income on new miners.

It depends there were a few that were legit that stopped due to miners costed more then what they made in cloud contract.   So there were a few more, but vast majority were scam.

With sticking with hashnest you know what your getting.  And perhaps most important is you can sell at anytime.
Myffas

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:56:56 PM

With Hashnest you pay quite high maintenance (electricity) fees. I am still looking for ways to prove I'm legit. Maybe for a start, it could be in person delivery of hardware. Less scary than sending your box by mail.
Let me know abdeljabbar if you want to come by and see Montreal’s snow Wink
abdeljabbar (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 03:15:48 PM

Where are you from ? u have a cheap electricity you so lucky Smiley
watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 03:42:12 PM

forget about cloud mining it's a scam
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 03:44:46 PM

forget about cloud mining it's a scam

hashnest as well?
I do not think so...

and what do you think about my U2cloudmining system who makes little profit since it is online?

abdeljabbar (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 05:30:52 PM

You have a few options for cooling.

If I recall, Morocco tends to be dry - in which case "evaporative cooling" is DEFINITELY an option to investigate.

Mechanical cooling (aka Air Conditioning) will cost you appx. 20-25% (depends on the efficiency of the A/C unit) of the amount of electricity you use for your miners.

Fan cooling via massive airflow doesn't work so well in hot (high 20s C and higher) temperatures, if that's your only option PLAN to underclock (and if possible undervolt) the units to be ABLE to keep them cool enough to operate.

Given all of the factors above, I doubt you will be able to profit enough with an S7 to be able to pay back the cost of buying one, even if Bitcoin price takes a BIG runup around the halfing this summer.

You are lucky to have evaporation cooling as an option.  I would research it and go with it, cheapest option there is really.

I live in a area that weather does not allow evaporation cooling so I used lots of CFM's from fan's and a good exhaust.  I think your country's heat might make this a little bit hard though.

AC you will not be able to justify it's just to high at this point in miniing.
in morocco the heat is normal, i'm gonna use "evaporation collin system i watch some vids it's simple Smiley, why you can't use evaporation u live in desert or what ?
Myffas

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 05:46:59 PM

If I recall, Morocco tends to be dry - in which case "evaporative cooling" is DEFINITELY an option to investigate.

Mechanical cooling (aka Air Conditioning) will cost you appx. 20-25% (depends on the efficiency of the A/C unit) of the amount of electricity you use for your miners.

Fan cooling via massive airflow doesn't work so well in hot (high 20s C and higher) temperatures, if that's your only option PLAN to underclock (and if possible undervolt) the units to be ABLE to keep them cool enough to operate.

Given all of the factors above, I doubt you will be able to profit enough with an S7 to be able to pay back the cost of buying one, even if Bitcoin price takes a BIG runup around the halfing this summer.

You are lucky to have evaporation cooling as an option.  I would research it and go with it, cheapest option there is really.

I live in a area that weather does not allow evaporation cooling so I used lots of CFM's from fan's and a good exhaust.  I think your country's heat might make this a little bit hard though.

in morocco the heat is normal, i'm gonna use "evaporation collin system i watch some vids it's simple Smiley, why you can't use evaporation u live in desert or what ?

Evaporative cooling works great where you can easily evaporate water. In essence, you mostly need dry ambient air. Desert would be quite good to evaporate water, aside its average high temperature.

Best places are where there is dry air and moderate temperature.
Myffas

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 06:00:31 PM

Where are you from ? u have a cheap electricity you so lucky Smiley

I'm from Canada, Quebec.

We have hydro power and good rates to $US. That is why electricity here is cheap.

There is also a plan that I might subscribe to. I need to do the maths but on that plan there are two rates. One when outside temperature is above -12°C and another when it's below -12°C. Rates are 0.033 $US/Kwh for around 11 months and 0.18 $US/Kwh for the coldest month. You obviously shut down your miners when you switch rates.

I'll do some researches on the numbers of hours per year forecasted on each plan and see if it makes sense.

Switching plan would also imply heating my house from another source than electricity (oil, wood or gas). Cost of heating source conversion would also have to be included in my calculations.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 06:03:53 PM

Evaporative cooling works great where you can easily evaporate water. In essence, you mostly need dry ambient air. Desert would be quite good to evaporate water, aside its average high temperature.

Best places are where there is dry air and moderate temperature.

Sadly this is the case for me we have a decent amount of humidity in the air, so evaporation cooling is not that effective compared to dry air.  So my best option which I do is use high amount of CFM to push air from miners and a good exhust to send it away.   This is in my  mining area I do all this.

When I first got into mining it was GPU's and i used the heck out of box fan's.   But I've grown and so have  my fans Smiley
Myffas

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 06:19:14 PM

Have you thought about 2 phases immersion cooling?

After days of research and planning I’ve concluded that in my area it's not a viable option for cooling (money wise).

In yours, it may make sense. Plus it's super cool to use!

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: