Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 08:00:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Leonardo DiCaprio offered role of Lenin by Russian studio  (Read 772 times)
galdur (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 08:02:57 PM

Leonardo DiCaprio offered role of Lenin by Russian studio after saying he would like to play the revolutionary
The six-time Oscar nominee also said he'd like to play Putin...

Jack Shepherd @JackJShepherd 3 hours  ago0 comments

Earlier this month, Oscar hopeful Leonardo DiCaprio listed off all the famous Russians he would one day like to play on screen, including Putin and Rasputin.

After saying “I think there should be more films about Russian history because it has many stories worthy of Shakespeare. That is fascinating for an actor”, he listed off another famous name, Lenin.

Well, luckily for the 41-year-old, LeninFilm heard about the comments and have since offered The Revenant star the chance to star as Vladimir Lenin in a new film.

Lenfilm spokesman Valeriy Karlov told Baltika FM: ”It is always interesting to make movies. Leonardo DiCaprio is often compared to Lenin in his youth. We have enough scenery and props to recreate the era of the revolution.”

Not only does six-time Oscar nominee have an interest in the Russia thoughn. Oh no. He even looks like the young Lenin.

The studio are one of the oldest in Russia, with it's roots going as far back as 1914 when the military were producing films in St. Petersburg. At the time it was called the St. Petersburg film committee, and had 68 cinemas in the city.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/leonardo-dicaprio-offered-role-of-lenin-by-russian-studio-after-saying-he-would-like-to-play-the-a6831081.html

designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 07:08:22 AM

Leonardo DiCaprio offered role of Lenin by Russian studio after saying he would like to play the revolutionary

Jack Shepherd @JackJShepherd 3 hours  ago0 comments

Earlier this month, Oscar hopeful Leonardo DiCaprio listed off all the famous Russians he would one day like to play on screen, including Putin and Rasputin.

After saying “I think there should be more films about Russian history because it has many stories worthy of Shakespeare. That is fascinating for an actor”, he listed off another famous name, Lenin.

Well, luckily for the 41-year-old, LeninFilm heard about the comments and have since offered The Revenant star the chance to star as Vladimir Lenin in a new film.

Lenfilm spokesman Valeriy Karlov told Baltika FM: ”It is always interesting to make movies. Leonardo DiCaprio is often compared to Lenin in his youth. We have enough scenery and props to recreate the era of the revolution.”

Not only does six-time Oscar nominee have an interest in the Russia thoughn. Oh no. He even looks like the young Lenin.

The studio are one of the oldest in Russia, with it's roots going as far back as 1914 when the military were producing films in St. Petersburg. At the time it was called the St. Petersburg film committee, and had 68 cinemas in the city.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/leonardo-dicaprio-offered-role-of-lenin-by-russian-studio-after-saying-he-would-like-to-play-the-a6831081.html

i think he can easily handle this role.. maybe, this time he can recieve oscar award with the help of this acting.. who knows?
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 11:37:44 AM

i think he can easily handle this role.. maybe, this time he can recieve oscar award with the help of this acting.. who knows?

Indeed, he's a pretty good actor who can hande this role. He's not going to get an oscar. Oscars are reserved for certain roles and certain topics Smiley.
galdur (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 11:53:11 AM

Indeed, he's a pretty good actor who can hande this role. He's not going to get an oscar. Oscars are reserved for certain roles and certain topics Smiley.

He´s very good with accents, which I guess would be a requirement here. Lenin sounding like a Californian wouldn´t be very convincing. He´s a good actor, not among the greatest perhaps. I think I like him primarily because he´s always in pretty good movies.

enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 12:28:05 PM

He is always offered with an unusual character. i even wonder why he played an american indian character in the movie "The Revenant".  he is good with it though and jsut like johnny deep, he is great with crazy character.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 09:39:48 PM

This role seems fit, they look quite similar on those pictures. I wonder if he'll play the role. Will this movie be available in English?

Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2016, 10:03:32 PM

I wonder if he'll learn Russia, learn the cues only, or if he'll be voiced over by another actor, like it was done in some Russian films, where foreign actors played.

And yes, he seems like a good cast for the young Lenin role.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 11:17:37 PM

I didn't the like the movie where he played Howard Hughes, but why not?

I remember the movie with Robert Duvall playing Stalin. My only hope is that this movie, if it gets the go-ahead, sticks to proven history, and doesn't venture into politically-motivated fiction.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
galdur (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 11:35:34 PM

Vladimir Putin: Leonardo DiCaprio is a 'real man'
Vladimir Putin has called the actor Leonardo DiCaprio a "real man", after the Hollywood star pledged $1 million to saving tigers.

10:21AM GMT 24 Nov 2010

"I would like to thank you for coming despite all the obstacles," Mr Putin told the actor, who was attending the summit on tigers in St Petersburg.
"A person with less stable nerves could have decided against coming, could have read it as a sign – that it was not worth going," Mr Putin said.

The Russian prime minister, who is hosting the summit, said the Titanic star had "literally tore his way through to Saint Petersburg," calling him "a real man" (or "muzhik") for his persistence.
DiCaprio then called himself half-Russian, after disclosing that two of his late grandparents were Russian, the state-run RIA Novosti news agency reported.

"Well, you will get to know Saint Petersburg tomorrow and grow proud of your Russian roots," Mr Putin replied.
Related Articles
Vladimir Putin: plight of the tiger 'close to catastrophe' 23 Nov 2010

DiCaprio was among the passengers on a Delta Airline jet that was forced to make an emergency landing in New York on Monday after losing an engine.
His second plane faced strong headwinds and was required to make an unscheduled refuelling stop in Helsinki, Mr Putin told the audience.
Mr Putin has carefully cultivated a tough-guy image throughout his political career, using strong language in speeches and practicing judo and even co-piloting fighter jets in front of the television cameras.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/8156277/Vladimir-Putin-Leonardo-DiCaprio-is-a-real-man.html

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 06:01:56 AM

I didn't the like the movie where he played Howard Hughes, but why not?

I remember the movie with Robert Duvall playing Stalin. My only hope is that this movie, if it gets the go-ahead, sticks to proven history, and doesn't venture into politically-motivated fiction.

Bahahahahahhaaaaaa!! Are you kidding? Hollywood actors and the people who hire them have to be bigger lefties than even the Russians these days because none of them had lived through the Soviet Union, they'll probably ask him to do all sorts of propaganda and he'll be glad to.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 07:05:47 AM

Lenin was a bit more moderate than Stalin, but that doesn't hide the fact that he was a monster. He was responsible for exterminating the native Russian population in the Central Asia and Caucasus. He destroyed the Cossacks, who had guarded the borders of the Russian Empire for many centuries. I just hope that Leonardo DiCaprio will turn down the offer.
madonnino

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 08:23:04 AM

I think Di Caprio is so good as an actor who could act with great seriousness' also in the role of winnie the pooh! then I'd see him in the role of Lenin
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 12:52:01 PM

That would be funny to see him standing on APC.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 02:48:06 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2016, 03:03:41 PM by Nemo1024

Lenin was a bit more moderate than Stalin, but that doesn't hide the fact that he was a monster. He was responsible for exterminating the native Russian population in the Central Asia and Caucasus. He destroyed the Cossacks, who had guarded the borders of the Russian Empire for many centuries. I just hope that Leonardo DiCaprio will turn down the offer.

Bryant, there is nothing wrong with playing villains, if he takes on the role with due consideration and research.

Late Christopher Lee played, for example both Saruman from LOTR and Count Dooku from SW, and that didn't make him a worse person. Lenin as a character is somewhere in the range of those fictional characters.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
galdur (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 04:28:49 PM

Well, actually my favorite actors have been those who can play scumbags so well that you almost start loathing the actor. It was before the internet, nowadays you can look anything up, but I actually thought at the time that Alan Rickman was some seriously disturbed dude in real life after watching his exceptional performance in Die Hard  Grin

salinizm

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 08:34:00 PM

Jack Shepherd @JackJShepherd 3 hours  ago0 comments

he is definitely good at acting but i dont think he can handle this role because lenin has really strong character to pretend like him...

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀