Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:33:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: paypal vs bitcoin  (Read 1499 times)
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 03:51:54 AM

I'm seeing a lot of horror stories from paypal but it seems like mostly people selling. They seem to be pretty buyer oriented when it comes to chargebacks etc, is my assumption right?
It's easy to end up losing either way if the opponent is determined to scam you, no matter if you're buying or selling. Scammy sellers could set up anonymous cards from Russia and withdraw once the transaction is done, leaving the buyer cold. Scammy buyers could reverse charges easily, as we all know.
Jakers

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 04:01:41 AM

The benefits of BTC far outweigh those of Paypal. With BTC's, you don't have to worry about chargebacks and anything like that. Paypal, you get charged back frequently when you're dealing with the blackmarket and forums that revolve around trading. Paypal charges fees as well, and there is microscopic fee's for BTC users. The only thing that I'd say PP has over BTC is security (I've heard of wallets getting hacked, and people losing their BTC's) and stability, and wider variety of usage. I'd say if BTC were to be accepted in a wider variety of places, the price would flatten out and become a lot more stable.

This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for
Mae

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 04:29:28 AM

I don't recommend to mix bit coins with paypal. You can also get a chargeback very easily
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 10:36:51 AM

I'm seeing a lot of horror stories from paypal but it seems like mostly people selling. They seem to be pretty buyer oriented when it comes to chargebacks etc, is my assumption right?

In any market it is the buyer that ultimately pays. When sellers get screwed by paypal then they add a premium to their prices to cover this "overhead" of doing business. Some more than others, but it averages out to a percentage. So all buyers pay this percentage more to have "intermediaries" like paypal in the loop,

I will be nice to see paypal join the typewriter on the scrapheap of history.

UncleBobs

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

It From Bit

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 10:41:00 AM

Compare the content at paypalsucks.com with bitcoinsucks.com - which sucks more?  Cheesy

Disobey the Thought Police.  Resist Totalitarian Humanism.
http://attackthesystem.com/?s=totalitarian+humanism
itai3856

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 01:15:53 PM

you can exchange paypal for bitcoin with people, and in my opinion each one have his false and pros
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 01:25:33 PM

Since I have switched to bitcoin I have not used Paypal. IMO, it can't touch bitcoin.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 01:27:21 PM

you can exchange paypal for bitcoin with people . . .
This is a terrible idea.  Do not try this.
AndrewJ

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 09:25:11 PM

Avoid PayPal like the plague. They rob your money. My son right now has over $50K USD stolen by PayPal that they say they are going to keep frozen for 6 months "in case he has any chargebacks." F*&*n thieves rob your money and they invest it earming interest while they screw sellers.
$50K ?? Do you think you will get your money back ever?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: