Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 10:42:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Olympics to allow pre-Op transgender athletes to compete  (Read 880 times)
pawel7777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1573

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2016, 10:19:43 PM

According to ESPN, the International Olympic Committee has indicated that it will adopt new guidelines to allow trans athletes who have not undergone gender reassignment surgery to take part in the Games.

Trans rights campaigners have criticised the measures for being overly restrictive and placing too much of a focus on physical presentation of gender, rather than self-identification.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/olympics-to-allow-more-transgender-athletes-to-compete-in-the-games-after-removing-surgery-a6829691.html

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2016/01/22/olympics-allow-transsexuals-to-compete-under-gender-they-identify-with/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Fun times ahead for all the sportswomen.
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 06:55:03 AM

According to ESPN, the International Olympic Committee has indicated that it will adopt new guidelines to allow trans athletes who have not undergone gender reassignment surgery to take part in the Games.

Trans rights campaigners have criticised the measures for being overly restrictive and placing too much of a focus on physical presentation of gender, rather than self-identification.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/olympics-to-allow-more-transgender-athletes-to-compete-in-the-games-after-removing-surgery-a6829691.html

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2016/01/22/olympics-allow-transsexuals-to-compete-under-gender-they-identify-with/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

this is so illogical.. they look like woman but they have strength of a man.. if they compete in woman's part, this wont be an equal competition for each athletes.. commitee shoul decide logically..
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 09:37:40 AM

So, if I'm a bloke after Olympic medals and 15 minutes fame (+advertisement income), but not sure if I can run faster than Usain Bolt or punch harder than Anthony Joshua then I just have to get a blond hairpiece, a skirt and bras Smiley. From now olympics will be more about lawyers and scientific teams than actual sports, I guess :/.
Richard1972x

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 09:42:23 AM

I can’t believe this. Incredible news. Imagine womens boxing where heavy guys can now going in the ring agaist women, just if they self disclare them as women and not as man.

Will be very interesting Olympic games…

pawel7777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2016, 09:57:05 AM

So, if I'm a bloke after Olympic medals and 15 minutes fame (+advertisement income), but not sure if I can run faster than Usain Bolt or punch harder than Anthony Joshua then I just have to get a blond hairpiece, a skirt and bras Smiley. From now olympics will be more about lawyers and scientific teams than actual sports, I guess :/.

To be fair, you would have to undertake hormone replacement therapy. I'm sure that could be cheated though, and you can boost your testosterone level back up shortly before competition.

There's possibly more at stake than just a medal and 15 mins fame. Few countries have special retirement benefits for Olympic medallists (i.e. unconditional monthly pension from when they turn 40 till the rest of their lives).

pawel7777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2016, 10:01:25 AM

I can’t believe this. Incredible news. Imagine womens boxing where heavy guys can now going in the ring agaist women, just if they self disclare them as women and not as man.

You can have a taste on what it could look like here:

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/transgender-mma-fighter-destroys-female-opponent/

+ comments from Joe Rogan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6_7BOGUXHM
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 10:14:28 AM

To be fair, you would have to undertake hormone replacement therapy. I'm sure that could be cheated though, and you can boost your testosterone level back up shortly before competition.

There's possibly more at stake than just a medal and 15 mins fame. Few countries have special retirement benefits for Olympic medallists (i.e. unconditional monthly pension from when they turn 40 till the rest of their lives).

That's correct, the T level have to be below 10 nmol/L for at least 12 months prior to the competition and also have to be kept on that low level "throughout the period of desired eligibility to compete in the female category". But lowered testosterone levels not doing anything significant with the already existing bone structure, muscle architecture, and nervous system functionality. So a male-to-female transgender will be always stronger and faster on reaction time than a real women.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 11:12:00 AM

First it was the WTA... and now it is the International Olympic Committee. I lost my interest in women's tennis after watching too many one-sided matches involving trannies, such as Amélie Mauresmo, Serena Williams and Venus Williams. It is so unfair to the real women. Women's competitions should be open only to the biological females.
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 12:20:22 PM

Interesting. I´m fairly certain that I could put a woman´s shot over 20 meters. With a little practice, who knows. How much does an olympic medal fetch on the market??

salinizm

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 09:07:41 PM

this is so illogical.. they look like woman but they have strength of a man.. if they compete in woman's part, this wont be an equal competition for each athletes.. commitee shoul decide logically..

i totally disagree with you .. every human being has the right of competing in any sports.. it doesnt matter their gender identity..

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
galdur

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 09:40:22 PM

Of course it matters. If men start competing against women it won´t be much of a competition in most events, for obvious reasons.

The current world record for women in the long jump is held by Galina Chistyakova of the former Soviet Union who leapt 7.52 m (24 ft 8 in) in Leningrad on 11 June 1988, a mark that has stood for 27 years.

Nowadays an Olympic gold is won with maybe 7 m, if that. That is very mediocre among male jumpers, I hope I don´t need to explain the reason why men do much better in the long jump than women.  Grin

pawel7777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 09:43:25 PM

i totally disagree with you .. every human being has the right of competing in any sports.. it doesnt matter their gender identity..

Oh, how cute.

So if mediocre male athlete decides he's a woman, he should be allowed to compete as female, effectively killing female sports? Same with prisoners etc.

Do I get this right?
JesusHadAegis

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 11:22:18 PM

well it would cost much because adding a gender to olympics is confusing and more awards and players ad more adjustements
Batmanvsduecare

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 11:25:37 PM

Yap it would entice a lot of young them to compete and be proud of themselves.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 11:45:02 PM

Well, if gender's now a blur then we may as well throw out the drug testing too. No idea what effects a male to female transition has on one's strength but there must be residual male mechanics left over. I'm not sure it's worth getting that worked up about though. There can't be that many trans people in the global population and even fewer who are of olympic standard. Maybe China will start pumping them out.
Lituation

Activity: 698

Free Speech is the most important thing.

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:27:52 AM

I think trans people should be allowed in Men's competitions because genetically men have more power than women. If they compete against women that would cause inequality. But if they compete against men nobody object it.
galdur

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:29:01 AM

Well, if gender's now a blur then we may as well throw out the drug testing too. No idea what effects a male to female transition has on one's strength but there must be residual male mechanics left over. I'm not sure it's worth getting that worked up about though. There can't be that many trans people in the global population and even fewer who are of olympic standard. Maybe China will start pumping them out.

Men that would very easily win most female Olympic events are a dime a dozen. Maybe in long distance you´d need something better than strictly mediocre.

UliJonHoth

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:35:20 AM

It is all getting so bizarre, with the goal of an Olympic medal and the win at any costs mindset I bet we'll be seeing many of these "transitioning" competitors come out of the woodwork. Pool was a passion of mine for years up until about ten years ago when I got sick of everything that went along with it and just left. There was an older female pro here in Houston that had retired from playing and focused on cue making you'd see at all of the tournaments, everyone called her Anne the Man when she wasn't around but her real name was Anne Mayes. Anne was always nice but you could tell when you spoke with her something was up and the truth was Anne had been a struggling C-rate male player that had no hopes of turning pro and decided to have a sex-change operation so she could become a pro on the female circuit. She never attained much as a pro player but definitely made a name by the steps she took to attain pro status. Just bizarre.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:55:26 AM

Somebody cut their own dick off to get a chance in a local pool league? That's pretty far out.

My own personal favourite was the Spanish basketball team that was pretending to be retarded for the Paralympics only to be rumbled.
galdur

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 01:39:58 AM

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: