Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:41:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Multi signature escrow for all deposits! NEW IDEA.  (Read 1042 times)
PonziBuddy (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 11:24:01 PM

I was thinking about how the darknet keeps people from scamming... they use multi signature escrow so multiple people have to be involved with the transactions. So that not 1 person can scam, it would take the whole team of staff involved in the escrow to run off with the BTC

Maybe the staff at bitcointalk can set up an automated system so they can freeze the 'bitcoin bank accounts' that are created for these ponzi admins. If staff was more involved in this, these ponzi scams could not be ended prematurely by admin running off with everyone's bitcoin.

Guys this can totally kill any attempts and incentive to scam and make the ponzi naturally run it's course....  a proper system in place could revolutionize the bitcoin doublers and make them far more reliable.

Right now the system in place is:

-Invest money

-Pray you get the money back before site goes down...

Right now it's the damn wild west out here in this section of the forum and mods can't be bothered to give a fuck about people losing their money all the time...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 11:31:01 PM

I don't see how that's going to work. Also, staff aren't going to get involved in this.

PonziBuddy (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 11:33:59 PM

What if they took a % for the fees required  Wink Cool

That is what the markets do and they make quite a chunk of change in the long run.
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 11:36:18 PM

Someone else maybe, but I don't think bitcointalk staff will get involved.

I still don't see it working. Even darknet markets disappear, and they have.

PonziBuddy (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 11:40:02 PM

Yes but usually last for a good six months at least... some have been around for years and many have warned people ahead of time when they were going down. And if it goes down suddenly it's usually because of government intervention or the entire crew were Goons Wink
khalized

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 11:42:57 PM

I don't see how that's going to work. Also, staff aren't going to get involved in this.

there is no interest to be involved in this type of action.
but could be a good idea here on the forum for exchange between users... a good way to avoid another master-p scam Wink
a super trust of moderator/escrow...
but even here if only one not sign a tx how release funds? and how trust only one user ?
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 11:49:11 PM

It wouldn't work! The Ponzi operators and admins would never be involved at muti signature escrow! Admins stated clearly that they only give warning message and still allow the existence here. The operators offers high returns to attract users to deposit their money, its business module is not sustainable due to that it is using new users' money to pay old investors. No one will be trying to run this for long term. They are waiting for the collected btc amount to reach a satisfied level and run away!
PonziBuddy (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 11:56:36 PM

Exactly my point!! With a new system like this in place they couldnt do that! It has to be bitcointalk, very few cryptocurrency websites get this much traffic! This is one of the most popular hyip sections on the web. Somebody has to do something damn it, these scammers are discussing new methods to scam using these programs on other shadier forums... I have seen them! Ponzis are a popular scam and a new system that works could put an end to it....
alberthendriks

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 01:46:17 AM

Isn't there a way to do an x out of y signature including some of the contestants, to make sure the admin can't run away with the money?
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 05:19:55 AM

I would be surprised if any bitcointalk staff would even touch this with a 10 foot pole.

What will happen is, a new ponzi will appear and it uses multi-signature addresses, the ones that start with 3.

But the story will be the same. Pyramid schemes simply can not last long. They all eventually collapse.

Now, investing into reputable gambling sites, those tend to stick around.

PonziBuddy (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 05:24:57 AM

A pyramid scheme thay pays double within a few days and lasts for 2 months <<< more than adequate  Grin
Steve_Tou

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 05:52:01 AM

Let's just be honest, a scam will be a scam.
It won't sustain in long run, cause they can't make $ for you at all, they don't have any business model or investment plans to make money grows.
All they did is use other people's $ to pay other users, so those who earned $ is just from other victims... in short a vicious cycle.
People KNEW, but they just dump their $ in hoping for a miracle.

Maybe I have to give another example for people who can't understand.
It's like- Going down to dirty sewers looking for fresh air.

A scam will be a scam.
It won't sustain in long run, cause they can't make $ for you at all, they don't have any business model or investment plans to make money grows.
All they did is use other people's $ to pay other users, so those who earned $ is just from other victims... in short a vicious cycle.

PonziBuddy (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 06:06:49 AM

The thing is.... we dont care if it fails just so long as it ran its course organically and admin didn't just try to run off with all the money right at the peak of investors. Wink
Steve_Tou

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 06:12:04 AM

The thing is.... we dont care if it fails just so long as it ran its course organically and admin didn't just try to run off with all the money right at the peak of investors. Wink

Like I said a scam will be scam, of course the admin will just run away with the money right at the peak. (That's his main GOAL)
He will be a fool or might as well don't scam if he don't do that.

A scam will be a scam.

PonziBuddy (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 06:23:40 AM

The whole point of this thread. To stop them from being able to run away. If they do, the money stays in escrow and goes back to the people who invested.. either by refund or just double until the last of it is gone. The admins and escrow guys should only be allowed a percentage of all investments, that is his incentive to keep the site going.

A percentage should even be taken so that it could be funneled back into the doubler when deposits start slowing down to kind of encourage more investors. I notice when 2 people put in 0.5 close to the same time, it boosts higher dollar investments immediately. Ive seen the ledger go into a deposit frenzy... its simply a matter of trusting the pyramid scheme admin with our cash, and we dont. We really really dont.
Steve_Tou

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 06:37:58 AM

Ya, I know the whole point of this thread. To stop them from being able to run away. If they do, the money stays in escrow and goes back to the people who invested.
A few already posted is not going to work as admin/mods are not going to do it.
They knew ponzi will fail or collapse eventually why put their foot into the sht?
At the end of day, users take full responsibility for their actions. And there is already a warning stated for everyone to see.

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

A scam will be a scam.

Soylent_Green

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 11:47:42 AM

Why not use some of the fancy crypto-contract features of bitcoin (or altcoins).

For example, just found this : https://ethereumpyramid.com/

A ponzi / pyramid running on the ethereum blockchain.

As far i understand, it is not possible to manipulate it (or run away with coins).
because there is nobody in control of it (except the contract & blockchain self)

don't know if this would also work with bitcoin

edit:
maybe that could help
www.rootstock.io

some kind of sidechain smart-contract platform.

perhaps, one of the profesionalls / programmers here has an idea

Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 01:24:54 PM

If you want to double your coins, then buy in early.

You know the admin will eventually bust, when the pyramid starts to collapse. They have to "run away". If you try to "stop them" from running away, they won't even start the scheme.

No smart contract will do it, otherwise people will know exactly when it will stop, the game is over, so they simply do not buy in anymore.

The whole point of the ponzi is to get as many people suckered in at its peak, and to cash out at that peak, right before it collapses.

PonziBuddy (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 05:52:45 PM

You know the admin will eventually bust, when the pyramid starts to collapse. They have to "run away". If you try to "stop them" from running away, they won't even start the scheme.

No smart contract will do it, otherwise people will know exactly when it will stop, the game is over, so they simply do not buy in anymore.

The whole point of the ponzi is to get as many people suckered in at its peak, and to cash out at that peak, right before it collapses.

I have been in the ponzi game for a long time, since bitcoin was worth a dollar. .. That Is not how its supposed to work. That's how the scam version of it works.

Its supposed to work by the admin taking a small percentage of all deposits  or he can invest btc out of his own pocket to double his own money. The longer the pyramid works the more every smart investor understands it's days are numbered. If the admin runs it properly he can make a lot of money from commission just like the admins at the darkmarkets do, why would they risk going to jail for 10-15 years for nothing? Its because it's lucrative to keep that commission BTC going. Any legitimate business that works on commission works this way.

I know the risk of losing my money, I want to take that risk. But I want to do it on a safe platform that can actually give me a decent chance. Where I can look at the ledger and decide for myself if it's worth it. If admin polices himself and secretly wants to scam while putting on a fake polite front. The chance of me getting my money dropped from 40% or whatever down to 0%

Its like a darknet market without multi signature and all the trust is put into one shady looking admin.... who would want to buy from there...

You guy's prejudice is keeping you from upgrading the system when it is badly needed. If we don't upgrade the system people will keep getting scammed like this until the end of time just like it always has been.

The police force isn't run by one man.
condoras
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1103

This is what I do. I drink and I know things.

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 06:03:43 PM

I have been in the ponzi game for a long time, since bitcoin was worth a dollar. .. That Is not how its supposed to work. That's how the scam version of it works.

Its supposed to work by the admin taking a small percentage of all deposits  or he can invest btc out of his own pocket to double his own money. The longer the pyramid works the more every smart investor understands it's days are numbered. If the admin runs it properly he can make a lot of money from commission just like the admins at the darkmarkets do, why would they risk going to jail for 10-15 years for nothing? Its because it's lucrative to keep that commission BTC going. Any legitimate business that works on commission works this way.

I know the risk of losing my money, I want to take that risk. But I want to do it on a safe platform that can actually give me a decent chance. Where I can look at the ledger and decide for myself if it's worth it. If admin polices himself and secretly wants to scam while putting on a fake polite front. The chance of me getting my money dropped from 40% or whatever down to 0%

Its like a darknet market without multi signature and all the trust is put into one shady looking admin.... who would want to buy from there...

You guy's prejudice is keeping you from upgrading the system when it is badly needed. If we don't upgrade the system people will keep getting scammed like this until the end of time just like it always has been.

The police force isn't run by one man.

I agree... Sad

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████