Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:38:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips and Tricks - is there a good user reference to Multibit?  (Read 654 times)
deepskydiver (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 42

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 02:04:54 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm just opening up my old addresses and wanted to know what the subtle details of the usage are of multibit. Before I walk down the path of setting up the new multibit - is there somewhere which explains how it behaves with respect to change, and addresses?

I also have a couple of specific questions please.

In the last version I used (as at v 0.5.16)
- Multibit didn't allow me to see what was in an individual address. I had to use individual .key files per address so I could send from a specific address - and know which address it pulled the coin from.
- Multibit put the change from sending coin into another address in the wallet. The second address in the wallet - as a matter of practice. That would be ok because typically I would import a single address from private key and it would be the second address. But what does it do now?

I want to understand these sort of implications before using this or any client, not least because my keys are usually in cold storage. I don't want to lose change to an address which isn't permanently stored.

Thanks for any help!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: