Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:13:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Protect my faucet site from bots?  (Read 5503 times)
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 07:51:19 PM

Please some one tell me how can I protect my btc faucet site from bots.. I am loosing my satoshi without traffic.

Add doubled captcha to prevent the faucet site from the bots. Automated bots easily clear the simple captchas easily so make some hard captcha for clearing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 09:43:24 PM

Please some one tell me how can I protect my btc faucet site from bots.. I am loosing my satoshi without traffic.

These are some methods available to solve your problem: Add a captcha, use server-side cookies, use cookies, require e-mail address, require bitcointalk account, require mobile phone or block all proxies.

As always in technology, there is more than one solution.

yohanip

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

A Programmer

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 12:50:48 AM

Do not use the words Captchas as they are easily solved by the Captcha solving service
detect your traffic if they are coming from Tor network
store your "submit" button dynamically and give them a unique name on each visitor request
might save you some from the bots
relq

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 01:02:32 AM

I don't know about this thing, but i think you ask this topic on micro earnings section. because i'm people there will help you about this. many faucets owner are there.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 02:10:03 AM

These are some methods available to solve your problem: Add a captcha, use server-side cookies, use cookies, require e-mail address, require bitcointalk account, require mobile phone or block all proxies.

As always in technology, there is more than one solution.

Asking for email, bitcointalk account, or mobile how do your verify?  Seems like someone could use dummy info and still botting.

I think making capatcha have a time limit is possibly best way.  If it has to be solved say in 30 seconds, it will be hard for a service to get it solve it and send back in that time.  But I would focus more on amount of time and fine tune it. 
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 12:08:39 AM

I will suggest fun captcha
You mean like those things to spin and put the wheel on a bicycle? yeah, those are fun the first time, later just annoying...

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
adibe

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 01:00:27 AM

I found a great topic to prevent bots, just go to this link on micro earnings section. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1211353.0. and also using SolveMedia captcha is good though.
The Last Choice

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 02:59:23 AM

I found a great topic to prevent bots, just go to this link on micro earnings section. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1211353.0. and also using SolveMedia captcha is good though.
Already posted here before, please check it on last page

I think that was not bot, but the user use many IP to claim your faucet in one time, i already try to use anonymox or hola(chrome) and it's works, actually not 100% web we can use this method

jamalaezaz (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 1876
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 05:21:55 AM

Can you give your faucet link so we can check what the problem cause balance decrease? Not detail what type of faucet script did you have

yes. It is http://bitcoinsbest.com/albitcoin
please check if you can.

Available For CM/SMM, Content Writing and Digital Marketing
TG: @jamalaezaz
scammed123

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 06:27:29 AM

Hi! I think you should use:

• Antibotlinks script
  • Bad behavior script

This is an initial protection of your faucet as well as proxy blocking and setting 30 minutes faucet limit.
jamalaezaz (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 06:32:32 AM

• Antibotlinks script
  • Bad behavior script

This is an initial protection of your faucet as well as proxy blocking and setting 30 minutes faucet limit.

Are they compatible with faucetbox script? I am using faucetbox, faucet box only support 4 captcha services, recaptcha, solvemedia, fun captcha and areyouhuman,

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 06:44:17 AM

• Antibotlinks script
  • Bad behavior script

Are they compatible with faucetbox script? I am using faucetbox, faucet box only support 4 captcha services, recaptcha, solvemedia, fun captcha and areyouhuman,

Are you looking at IP address?  I'm guessing they are not using proxy thousands of times to get a profit.  Chances are blocking IP's could stop it.

That is what I would focus on is IP's.  Even if they use proxy's check and see IP to bitcoin address.  If IP enters so many address's over a certain period ban it.   So many options.

How much are you actually losing to bot activity?
jamalaezaz (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 06:54:50 AM

• Antibotlinks script
  • Bad behavior script

Are you looking at IP address?  I'm guessing they are not using proxy thousands of times to get a profit.  Chances are blocking IP's could stop it.

That is what I would focus on is IP's.  Even if they use proxy's check and see IP to bitcoin address.  If IP enters so many address's over a certain period ban it.   So many options.

How much are you actually losing to bot activity?

I lost 12 Million Satoshi to bot activity.. That is very big loose for me as newbie in this industry.. May be I will can't able to run my faucet anymore.. I am trying hard to recover it. Lets See..

teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 07:03:09 AM

You mean like those things to spin and put the wheel on a bicycle? yeah, those are fun the first time, later just annoying...
Better to use it rather than losing your money to bots Wink
Also, OP can try to use anti ad-block and anti bot script
The only downside in this i think is that the fact your server will get heavy as there are many scripts to load Sad
And maybe make IP limit to prevent bot to constantly accessing your website Smiley
jamalaezaz (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 09:53:33 AM

Better to use it rather than losing your money to bots Wink
Also, OP can try to use anti ad-block and anti bot script
The only downside in this i think is that the fact your server will get heavy as there are many scripts to load Sad
And maybe make IP limit to prevent bot to constantly accessing your website Smiley
Now I started Using Solvemedia. some one told me that with solvemedia I can earn also.. lets see. what will happen, may be solvemedia good than recaptcha..
Thank you for your suggestions.

Aamir1

Activity: 756

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 10:40:09 AM

I read a lot of complains about recaptcha, you should try using fun captcha as I think it is stronger than Google's captcha.
But I do not think "Anti bot" is a good choice because users hate it and will abandon your faucet

I agree with you, i myself had abandoned many faucets just because of those anti bot links, sometimes they are hidden behind ads and its very hard to click them so users skip those faucets which are hard for claiming a few satoshi, and yes, fun captcha is far better then google recaptcha i guess and i see very few faucets out there use recaptcha now a days, most of them are using fun captcha.
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 10:40:37 AM

The problem of limiting IP is that you will be limiting access for a legit user as well instead of just bots. People that use bots to claim faucet isnt stupid to use the same IP over and over again, most people use vpn and some other tools which could enable them to change IP as many times as needed

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
jamalaezaz (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 10:54:58 AM

I read a lot of complains about recaptcha, you should try using fun captcha as I think it is stronger than Google's captcha.
But I do not think "Anti bot" is a good choice because users hate it and will abandon your faucet

I agree with you, i myself had abandoned many faucets just because of those anti bot links, sometimes they are hidden behind ads and its very hard to click them so users skip those faucets which are hard for claiming a few satoshi, and yes, fun captcha is far better then google recaptcha i guess and i see very few faucets out there use recaptcha now a days, most of them are using fun captcha.

Fun Captcha Now No More Accepting new members.. It is Request based service. when your request approved than you can use fun captcha. but nowadays. they don't approving any requests..

Aamir1

Activity: 756

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 11:04:51 AM

Fun Captcha Now No More Accepting new members.. It is Request based service. when your request approved than you can use fun captcha. but nowadays. they don't approving any requests..

Oh, then you should be using solvemedia as people said in their posts, but fun captcha was a better option, you are unfortunate that they aren't accepting new requests.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 07:15:01 PM

You really shouldn't be hosting a faucet. They are simply being botted 24/7, and there is very much no real traffic.

But you could implement the "anti not" buttons, but that's just a pain in the arse.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: