Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:40:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: there is a universal wallet?  (Read 2362 times)
davien

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 02:34:08 PM

there is also uberpay.io

Uberpay.io is similar to coinomi and i feel this is one of the better universal wallet ideas.

Based on the electrum wallet, the app/wallet will piggy back off (in this case) uberpay.io.
The app/wallet will interact with their site and you can manipulate your coins at your whim. You control your key data, and the app/wallet will create appropriate transaction data to reflect your directions, this transaction data will be sent to the appropriate block chain via their site.

You do not need to store any block chain data, and they should not store any of your user data so it's as safe as your own security.

Whilst it does require their site to be active, because you maintain your own key/addresses, in the worst case you can run and sync the full proper wallet to access your coins yourself.

are coins also staking?

Not at all. These wallets work by crafting transactions from data received re specific addresses, then inputing them into the block chain without having actual access to those coins.
They work in some ways similar to how a cold wallet might work, where the client that crafts and signs the transaction does not have access to the block chain - but in this case it does have access to the coinomi/uberpay api.

Only full wallets should stake, or specially crafted wallets.

there are some coins, that enable delegated staking(forging/harvesting). This could be done in such a wallet.
I know that you can do such a thing with NEM. With NXT is it possible?

butragenjo

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 02:40:16 PM

Online staking wallet is on staisybit.com,but here is not btc,just other altcoins.
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 03:02:51 PM

I think cryptonator is one of best universal wallets available. You can keep your altcoins there  Wink
yeswepump
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 03:03:53 PM

Online staking wallet is on staisybit.com,but here is not btc,just other altcoins.

that is also with coinwallet, but they are webwallets, total other concept than we are discussing in this thread
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 08:35:44 AM

I guess in the moment its not possible, because the server doesn't support it, but as I somehow remember, this could be a future feature.
davien

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 09:44:10 AM

I guess in the moment its not possible, because the server doesn't support it, but as I somehow remember, this could be a future feature.
Oh i was 100% sure that NEM's delegated harversting is working. Good to know

lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 01:48:51 PM

Yes NEM is working. I was talking about NXT.
davien

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:14:53 PM

Yes NEM is working. I was talking about NXT.
Lol, fail. I've just misunderstood you. I've also asked NEM devs about this and they have confirmed it that it's working

Griffith
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 07:42:42 PM

ive been working on a universal wallet for some time now, its nearing end stages and most of what i am working on is bug fixing.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1006830.msg10926361#msg10926361

most of the remaining bug are thread safe operations for data storage containers that i need to fix with mutex stuff (std::map being the main container with issues im having) since insert operations are not thread safe. (some memory fencing stuff in there too but im pretty sure explaining it would just get a lot more questions)

there was a benchmark wallet i posted a while back but it doesnt have many features and a lot of the stuff is commented out because it wasnt done.

thread has complaints and stuff one it. mostly cuz ive been working on it for so long. i dont really plan on giving up on it. also its only me working on it.

lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 11:37:49 PM

ive been working on a universal wallet for some time now, its nearing end stages and most of what i am working on is bug fixing.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1006830.msg10926361#msg10926361

most of the remaining bug are thread safe operations for data storage containers that i need to fix with mutex stuff (std::map being the main container with issues im having) since insert operations are not thread safe. (some memory fencing stuff in there too but im pretty sure explaining it would just get a lot more questions)

there was a benchmark wallet i posted a while back but it doesnt have many features and a lot of the stuff is commented out because it wasnt done.

thread has complaints and stuff one it. mostly cuz ive been working on it for so long. i dont really plan on giving up on it. also its only me working on it.

It's not...
Pitagora (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2016, 04:21:49 AM

thank you all!!!!
I saw uberpay, this really has the highest number of altcoin available, and it seems to me seriously as a project, even if Android is easy, but to use it on the desktop seems more complicated ... I started to try it now.

Even staisybit.com I found it interesting though limited, but reliable as site?

My fear and use a wallet scam and not a day longer find anything ....

Xapo certainly has greater reliability, is creating the service as a traditional bank.

When posting say the reliability of the various wallet, you know holytransaction? it is reliable?
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2016, 04:26:18 AM

i use bittrex as both wallet and a place to buy/sell
but it is always risky to keep coins online!

--looking for signature--
TopT3ns

Activity: 2576
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2016, 04:57:50 AM

i always use market wallet to save altcoins because me not a type of altcoin holder. 

benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2016, 05:07:06 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2016, 09:37:50 AM by benthach

you shouldn't trust your money to anyone else beside yourself or perhaps an legitimate accountant company. in this case the legitimate accountant company is multi-coins decentralized wallet. multi-coins decentralized wallet don't exist for cryptocurrency, yet. all the sites i see people mentioned here are no name sites, no credential, your coins and the sites can disappeared anytime they decided to do so.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
davien

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 09:41:07 AM

i always use market wallet to save altcoins because me not a type of altcoin holder. 
What do you mean by market wallet? if you are refering to an exchange then i just would advice to you that don't hold your money there. We saw just too many hacks and steals of many thousand btcs stolen

mickiya

Activity: 195
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 01:33:54 PM

What do you mean by market wallet? if you are refering to an exchange then i just would advice to you that don't hold your money there. We saw just too many hacks and steals of many thousand btcs stolen

I think he is just a miner of altcoins, and trade the altcoin in exchanges. So the amount of money involved is quite small.
davien

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 02:22:19 PM

I think he is just a miner of altcoins, and trade the altcoin in exchanges. So the amount of money involved is quite small.
I understand now. BTW, personally i never hold higher amounts on exchanges. I've learnt enough in the past few years. ~GOX, Cryptsy, and some minor exchanges.

Pitagora (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 01:10:33 AM

I found this and I joined:
- Qoinpro.com by even a small daily bonus. 12 altcoin
- Yobit.net really an endless altcoin, I would say 80% of all coins
I wonder if these two sites are reliable.
davien

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 10:22:43 AM

I found this and I joined:
- Qoinpro.com by even a small daily bonus. 12 altcoin
- Yobit.net really an endless altcoin, I would say 80% of all coins
I wonder if these two sites are reliable.
That's sure that there are a bunch of alts on yobit, but how secure is to keep your coins on an exchange?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: