Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:02:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CineCoin (CINE) Semi-Stealth Mining  (Read 2294 times)
fugitivepoet (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 06:46:51 PM

CINECOIN (CINE)
Semi-Stealth Community Mining

CINECOIN (CINE) Specs:
Algorithm: Scrypt
Total Coins: 300M
Blocktime: 5 Minutes
136 coins per block
Difficulty Retargeting: KGW
Block reward halves every 367500 blocks
RPC:5597
P2P:5567

CINECOIN is an entertainment altcoin that will be initially mined in a
semi-stealth mining period during an Alpha Crowdsale at MoviesAmongFriends.com.

Movies Among Friends (aka "MAF") needs Scrypt miners onboard
in the community during Alpha, and we're offering multiple mining bonuses.

Contact us for the code and wallet.
You'll need to hit this link for complete info:
http://moviesamongfriends.ning.com/page/cine-miners.

You can join the MAF website (it's free!) and contact MAF's founder for the code and wallet.

Or, if you prefer, contact him by email - les@moviesamongfriends.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jaipagare

Activity: 514
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 06:48:46 PM

not interested but watching
davien

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 06:49:46 PM

Can you elaborate a little bit detailed on "semi-stealth mining"?

CryptoWitch

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

This is my life. This is my path.

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 06:52:37 PM

Can you elaborate a little bit detailed on "semi-stealth mining"?

Would also like to know how it work?

nix_on

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 07:01:05 PM

ICO  Grin SHITCOIN
No thanks
benjy33
Legendary

Activity: 1339
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 07:03:37 PM

wallet?
fugitivepoet (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 07:05:04 PM

Gladly, Davien,

Did you visit this link - http://moviesamongfriends.ning.com/page/cine-miners - I think it does a pretty good job of explaining things, but I'll try to explain "semi-stealth" in more detail.

MAF is an independent film website and community that uses tokens in a new way, but we also have an altcoin called CineCoin that we'll be rolling out by distributing it as an "incentive coin" initially for our members, but once we have establish some utility/usefulness for it, we'll promote mining by making the code available on Github to anyone.

"Semi-stealth" simply means that we're being somewhat secretive or "in-house" during our alpha phase, because we have a lot of moving parts to this concept. For example, we're creating a ton of content, including a web series called Cryptolife. As we release this web series during our beta, we expect to generate much more interest in our altcoin.

But we have to take things a step at a time. As you know, there are a ton of altcoins around, but we learned from experience with another alt called SONCOIN that without a ton of activity and UTILITY for an alt, it just sits there and nobody really cares about it, which is understandable, especially since most use cases for altcoins are very techy and impossible for the average person to understand or put to use.

Since everybody likes movies and TV shows, we feel that CINECOIN will have a life as a new altcoin.

All the best,
Les
benjy33
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 07:12:37 PM

Gladly, Davien,

Did you visit this link - http://moviesamongfriends.ning.com/page/cine-miners - I think it does a pretty good job of explaining things, but I'll try to explain "semi-stealth" in more detail.

MAF is an independent film website and community that uses tokens in a new way, but we also have an altcoin called CineCoin that we'll be rolling out by distributing it as an "incentive coin" initially for our members, but once we have establish some utility/usefulness for it, we'll promote mining by making the code available on Github to anyone.

"Semi-stealth" simply means that we're being somewhat secretive or "in-house" during our alpha phase, because we have a lot of moving parts to this concept. For example, we're creating a ton of content, including a web series called Cryptolife. As we release this web series during our beta, we expect to generate much more interest in our altcoin.

But we have to take things a step at a time. As you know, there are a ton of altcoins around, but we learned from experience with another alt called SONCOIN that without a ton of activity and UTILITY for an alt, it just sits there and nobody really cares about it, which is understandable, especially since most use cases for altcoins are very techy and impossible for the average person to understand or put to use.

Since everybody likes movies and TV shows, we feel that CINECOIN will have a life as a new altcoin.

All the best,
Les

and so you need my hotmail ?
benjy33
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 07:15:15 PM

I'm not interested thanks
stoner19

Activity: 752

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 07:29:34 PM

By preventing anyone from obtaining the source and doing your own in-house mining prior to crowdsale, you're keeping this altcoin FAR from any kind of fair launch. Is your intent so that it doesn't show as a premine on the blockchain? Sounds sketchy that you'd create an ANN but not a simple way for anyone to obtain wallets or source.
fugitivepoet (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 07:32:36 PM

wallet?

Yes, but only for windows. Still looking for a mac wallet!
fugitivepoet (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 07:43:02 PM

By preventing anyone from obtaining the source and doing your own in-house mining prior to crowdsale, you're keeping this altcoin FAR from any kind of fair launch. Is your intent so that it doesn't show as a premine on the blockchain? Sounds sketchy that you'd create an ANN but not a simple way for anyone to obtain wallets or source.

Anyone who wants the source code and wallet, and who wants to become part of alpha development at MAF, can simply contact me. Easy-breezy.

Since we posted the opportunity, it's fair to everyone who wants to look into it. We only need a few miners for alpha, but we can't test the ecosystem we're creating without some control and a substantial premine.

But I totally understand anyone's pessimism, that's cool, we're just taking a different route in our use of an altcoin. It's definitely not everybody's cup of tea. I just want scrypt miners to check out the site and decide for themselves. We're all about filmmaking but the altcoin gives us a way to build something different, and, we think, better, in terms of a filmmaking ecosystem. Without some sort of good foundation, any altcoin is a shitcoin.

Les
davien

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 07:55:51 PM

Gladly, Davien,

All the best,
Les
Ok thanks I'll check out.

stoner19

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 11:11:21 PM

2 users have PMed me asking for a pool, I'm guessing because they saw me reply to the thread and had a pool url in my signature. I've added it, but keep in mind that without the source on github, its hard to determine how "safe" or "legit" it is. I hold no responsibility or accountability to or for anyone that decided to mine this.

CINE is up at superninjapool.tk
Mining Ports:
   3610: varDiff 256-4096
   3611: varDiff 2048-8192
   3612: fixed diff 2048
fugitivepoet (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 11:48:11 PM

2 users have PMed me asking for a pool, I'm guessing because they saw me reply to the thread and had a pool url in my signature. I've added it, but keep in mind that without the source on github, its hard to determine how "safe" or "legit" it is. I hold no responsibility or accountability to or for anyone that decided to mine this.

CINE is up at ][Suspicious link removed]
Mining Ports:

Fair enough, thanks for adding it. Anything we can do to help promote your pool, just let me know. BTW, the code is on Github but private at the moment. Maybe I should open it up for credibility's sake. We've had four miners contact us and one of them mentioned your pool.
Les
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 05:34:32 PM

Thought I would mine some, so I signed up and can't get to the page. Now the site says I don't have an account..

Good luck with your coin.
stoner19

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 04:05:07 AM

I have to say at first glance this ANN makes it hard to consider looking at this coin, but I decided to take the time and signup at the MAF website and there is SIGNIFICANTLY more information about this project as a whole, whitepaper included. CINE, as a digital token, is a very small aspect of this. I'd most certainly suggest to fugitivepoet to update the ANN with more details (wallets and source included), as most of the people in crypto are too lazy to sign up for yet another service.

I'm mining this and have it listed at superninjapool.tk. I'm interested to see what comes of everything. Best of luck with it all.
VenMiner

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 04:09:48 PM

I´m mining too, in stoner19 pool, i follow the instructions of the web site and now i have my token bonus of LUMIERE bonus. i think is a interesting project. Good luck.
VenMiner

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 10:00:45 PM

Hi, Any news here???
fugitivepoet (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 04:51:25 PM

Hi, Any news here???

UPDATE ON CINECOIN MINING

Glad to report that CINECOIN has a half-dozen miners successfully mining, and a pool at:

[Suspicious link removed]
   Mining Ports:

NOTE: We are still requesting that during alpha, miners join our token-enabled filmmaking community for source code and wallet. That's the easiest way to make sure mining bonuses - CINECOIN, and LUMIERE TOKENS - are distributed to active miners. It's free to join MoviesAmongFriends.com - then check out "CINE MINERS" under the "CROWDSALE" tab.

IN THE NEWS: We enjoyed some nice coverage in TheMerkle last week: http://themerkle.com/news/north-carolina-film-producer-creates-the-first-token-enabled-crowdsale/

As a side note: MoviesAmongFriends.com is now testing landing pages for our various audiences AND in pre-production on a web series that will address the mystery of Satoshi Nakamoto and issues currently threatening the unity and direction of the Bitcoin community.

JOIN THE REVOLUTION IN CREATIVE APPLICATIONS FOR ALTCOINS AND TOKENS!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: