Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:44:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WANTED Developer to INSTALL & SECURE Bitcore Node & Insight for personal API use  (Read 414 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Operatr (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2016, 09:12:17 PM

OK so in a nutshell getting sick of waiting for API's from blockchain.info so I would rather just get my own running if it's possible.

So I was doing some research and found this: https://bitcore.io/start along with the https://insight.is/ seems like I could have my own api running right? No waiting for blockchain.info api's or being at a 3rd parties mercy to accept bitcoin payments on sites I run on outside servers that do not have node.js installed.

So I'm looking for a TRUSTED Developer to let me know if this is the best way to go? or recommend other options?

PM me or reply to this thread below. But I will NOT work with NEWBIES or UNtrusted Members of this forum UNLESS they have a GOOD Upwork or Freelancer Profile somewhere else that I can verify.

So if you are not a REPUTABLE member of this site or do NOT have a good freelance profile somewhere like Upwork or eLance? Don't bother applying as I will only move forward with this project if I'm 100% comfortable with the person doing it :-)

I will only work on a PAY AS YOU PERFORM Basis with benchmarks etc... Escrow is 100% fine once we have a detailed goal. I also am open to using upwork or other known freelancer site.

I would like to have this run on an AWS EC2 Instance if possible as I am familiar with them, but am open to going with Digital Ocean or another reputable host as well. So reply to me in PM or below with the following at the very least.

Experience?

Recommendation?

Demos?

estimated cost of project?

Anything I'm missing?

Time to complete?

etc...

Thanks in advance for your time and I look forward to your responses.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6659

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 11:27:53 PM

I can do this for you.

I have setup insight block explorers and apis in the past, although those sites are no longer running as they were for now-defunct altcoins. I would recommend that you use Amazon AWS mostly because I am very familiar with the way that they work. Of course, you should run the instances with your AWS account.

As for cost, I created an estimate of the costs to run it on aws here: http://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html#r=IAD&s=EC2&key=calc-8E5EAF6C-B535-4315-B2D2-9521C361ED40. It is around $50/month to run.
For setting it up, I would charge you 0.02BTC since it is a relatively simple job.

It will take a long time for it to be usable. The downloading and indexing of the blockchain and all of the transactions will take quite some time, but that is all done automatically.

Operatr (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 04:20:20 AM

I can do this for you.

I have setup insight block explorers and apis in the past, although those sites are no longer running as they were for now-defunct altcoins. I would recommend that you use Amazon AWS mostly because I am very familiar with the way that they work. Of course, you should run the instances with your AWS account.

As for cost, I created an estimate of the costs to run it on aws here: http://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html#r=IAD&s=EC2&key=calc-8E5EAF6C-B535-4315-B2D2-9521C361ED40. It is around $50/month to run.
For setting it up, I would charge you 0.02BTC since it is a relatively simple job.

It will take a long time for it to be usable. The downloading and indexing of the blockchain and all of the transactions will take quite some time, but that is all done automatically.

Well thanks for getting back to me, I actually have someone working on this right now, but if he doesn't come through? You're on deck :-)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: