Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:40:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and DWOLLA and CampBX  (Read 2911 times)
bitcoinroad (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 06:05:43 PM

Just recently I was suspended from DWOLLA due to their "Terms of Service" because I used their service with bitcoin.  I pleaded with them to let me use it after the suspension, their response....Nope.  So I'm banned.

BUT....

Why is it that www.campbx.com gives you an option to use DWOLLA?  And how do they continue to offer using DWOLLA??  Are they involved with DWOLLA?  Do they have an alliance with DWOLLA?  I haven't had any luck with responses from CampBX.

And to top it off, wouldn't that be a COMPLETE contradiction to the terms of service with DWOLLA.  If they are allowed to use it, why can't I???  My spidey senses go off and let me know that there is something fishy going on there. 

So I'm suspended from DWOLLA....that has changed my service, because now I use www.SERVE.com by American Express.  Same as DWOLLA, NO FEES.  As of now.  It's actually working out great for my service that I offer.

If anybody has any inside to DWOLLA/Bitcoin/CAMPBX fiasco please enlighten me, because it really just ticks me off how they can just SUSPEND someone but let another use it clearly violating their terms of service just like I did.  I mean WTH?

Thanks guys!

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
phantomcircuit

Activity: 463
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 06:39:33 PM

Just recently I was suspended from DWOLLA due to their "Terms of Service" because I used their service with bitcoin.  I pleaded with them to let me use it after the suspension, their response....Nope.  So I'm banned.

BUT....

Why is it that www.campbx.com gives you an option to use DWOLLA?  And how do they continue to offer using DWOLLA??  Are they involved with DWOLLA?  Do they have an alliance with DWOLLA?  I haven't had any luck with responses from CampBX.

And to top it off, wouldn't that be a COMPLETE contradiction to the terms of service with DWOLLA.  If they are allowed to use it, why can't I???  My spidey senses go off and let me know that there is something fishy going on there. 

So I'm suspended from DWOLLA....that has changed my service, because now I use www.SERVE.com by American Express.  Same as DWOLLA, NO FEES.  As of now.  It's actually working out great for my service that I offer.

If anybody has any inside to DWOLLA/Bitcoin/CAMPBX fiasco please enlighten me, because it really just ticks me off how they can just SUSPEND someone but let another use it clearly violating their terms of service just like I did.  I mean WTH?

Thanks guys!

Quote from: dwolla tos
You understand and agree that you will not engage in the following activities:
Act as a marketplace and/or exchange for virtual currency products without prior written consent

I assume CampBX has prior written consent.
bitcoinroad (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 08:09:18 PM

So if you're not an exchange you can't trade with bitcoin.

.........so why does this exchange even offer it.  I've contacted multiple times, no response.

It's almost like the exchange signs a permission slip to use dwolla, but a user gets suspended for using the service the exchange offers.

I understand the "clause" in their terms of service.  But it doesn't state "user".

It's a pure contradiction to their terms of service.

And it's aggravating that a service offers something that when utilized gets a user suspended.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 09:22:27 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2013, 01:15:26 AM by Stephen Gornick

And it's aggravating that a service offers something that when utilized gets a user suspended.

It is pretty clear:

User Conduct
You understand and agree that you will not engage in the following activities:
● Act as a marketplace and/or exchange for virtual currency products without prior written consent;

That was written SPECIFICALLY with bitcoin in mind.

They can't know that a transfer between two people was for the exchange of baseball cards or bitcoins, so it happens that people successfully trade bitcoins for Dwolla and vice-versa.    But when Dwolla figures it out (it aint that hard to do), they have the absolute right to no longer provide their service to you.

They didn't say "no exchanges ever allowed", they wrote: "without prior written consent".

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

bitcoinroad (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 11:04:37 PM

I get the BLACK and WHITE terms and conditions......................

So a USER that happens to get transferred money into their account, then said transferred money is transferred to CAMPBX is then "the user" is considered as an "EXCHANGE/MARKETPLACE".

-LAME.

To get around the curve ball:
So what if I DON'T get money TRANSFERED TO ME, instead "deposited" aaaaaaand then sent to CAMPBX.  Would I still need a permission slip signed by mommie, i mean DWOLLA? 

Technically: I'm not acting as an exchange, I'm simply sending money "to" an exchange that was deposited to DWOLLA from my "linked bank account".

Is that stated anywhere in the BLACK and WHITE?  or did I find a loop hole everyone else is already using, and I'm a day too late and a dollar too short?

I mean I already use another method for Anonymity to my clients and their money with www.serve.com, I just liked(past tense) DWOLLA cause it was so damn fast.

What if DWOLLA is in CAHOOTS with CAMPBX?? and there is a kickback for CAMPBX service?

Does anyone think there will another exchange like this in the future?
phantomcircuit

Activity: 463
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 01:03:48 AM

I get the BLACK and WHITE terms and conditions......................

So a USER that happens to get transferred money into their account, then said transferred money is transferred to CAMPBX is then "the user" is considered as an "EXCHANGE/MARKETPLACE".

-LAME.

To get around the curve ball:
So what if I DON'T get money TRANSFERED TO ME, instead "deposited" aaaaaaand then sent to CAMPBX.  Would I still need a permission slip signed by mommie, i mean DWOLLA? 

Technically: I'm not acting as an exchange, I'm simply sending money "to" an exchange that was deposited to DWOLLA from my "linked bank account".

Is that stated anywhere in the BLACK and WHITE?  or did I find a loop hole everyone else is already using, and I'm a day too late and a dollar too short?

I mean I already use another method for Anonymity to my clients and their money with www.serve.com, I just liked(past tense) DWOLLA cause it was so damn fast.

What if DWOLLA is in CAHOOTS with CAMPBX?? and there is a kickback for CAMPBX service?

Does anyone think there will another exchange like this in the future?

You have never done a private sale ever?

I'd be pretty surprised if campbx didn't have written consent.

A while ago dwolla sent various entities written consent of their own accord.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 01:40:08 AM

I can't see how Dwolla would know nor care where the funds deposited to your bank account came from before they pull them to your Dwolla account.

or did I find a loop hole everyone else is already using,

There is only one exchange in the U.S. that still has an anonymous cash-deposit-at-a-bank method.  After depositing cash at a Chase bank into BitMe's account, those funds get credited to the person's BitMe exchange account.   But then those funds are used to satisfy ACH withdrawals so the exchange doesn't need to get those funds to an exchange to "restock".
 - http://www.BitMe.com

There is a bulk buyer who will accept cash deposits of large amounts ($1,000 or more) at B of A, Wells Fargo, or PNC Bank, though they currently are not accepting new clients:
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87094.0

What they do (very well) is hold a large chunk of funds in reserve so that they can meet daily demand while funds from previous sales are flowing through the bank system.  For example, cash deposits at Wells Fargo might be sent as an ACH transaction to their B of A account which is then used for their payments.  So performing proper cash management is the approach they use to accommodate the delay between when a transaction is initiated and when those funds are available for use at the proper destination.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

bitcoinroad (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 01:48:15 AM

Now that is information I was looking for!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: