Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:03:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened to the flow of new topics here?  (Read 1426 times)
HabBear (OP)

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 05:56:25 AM

I've been watching and there are fewer and fewer new topics being posted to this Economics board...why is that? Any guesses?

Scroll down the page and you'll mostly see threads that have hundreds or thousands of replies. I don't want to talk about the same thing, let's get some new ideas and reinvigorate this great discussion board on economics!

Who's with me?
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 07:42:15 AM

Just wait for the next new financial problem or drop /rise in gold or oil. It will be all over this place.

A lack of news and threads that cover most topics are probably the cause of this slow flow.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 08:11:42 AM

because they are always talking about the same shit, if it was not for signature this place would be died long time ago

you see that they are bumping the same shitty thread and adding nothing to the discussion, i can tell you this, since i'm looking at every thread more than one time per day
Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 08:22:07 AM

I've been watching and there are fewer and fewer new topics being posted to this Economics board...why is that? Any guesses?

Scroll down the page and you'll mostly see threads that have hundreds or thousands of replies. I don't want to talk about the same thing, let's get some new ideas and reinvigorate this great discussion board on economics!

Who's with me?
Maybe we just lost some of our economics posters. It is not that the economy is bad or anything.
zodiac3011

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 02:58:23 PM

Who's with me?
Maybe we just lost some of our economics posters. It is not that the economy is bad or anything.
well many of us (maybe including me) just got here and add a small bit of info to the discussion due to the signature campaign like amph said. I must admit this. Economics section usually has a lot of topic when there are big events of the world economy.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 03:28:41 PM

well many of us (maybe including me) just got here and add a small bit of info to the discussion due to the signature campaign like amph said. I must admit this. Economics section usually has a lot of topic when there are big events of the world economy.
I think we also see lots of topic here when there is fluctuation in bitcoin price but usually bitcoin related market discussion goes towards bitcoin discussion and speculation category. This may be other reason that add up for the less amount of thread over economics.

xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 03:40:23 PM

I think people are attracted towards the old posts asking questions about the present and long term economic situation of Bitcoin and comparing it with other portfolios. Most of them reply to old posts, but then if you have something to talk about you can always open a new post like you did now.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 03:47:06 PM

It's most likely because the real action in the market is lacking. Just look when there is a huge pump comming up, then you will see them come back to life.
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 05:18:19 PM

I think after the Halving or a fork this subforum will be alive with new threads because every major change spurs new economic situations people like to talk about.

HabBear (OP)

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 04:20:37 AM

because they are always talking about the same shit, if it was not for signature this place would be died long time ago

you see that they are bumping the same shitty thread and adding nothing to the discussion, i can tell you this, since i'm looking at every thread more than one time per day

This might be the truth.

Just wait for the next new financial problem or drop /rise in gold or oil. It will be all over this place.

A lack of news and threads that cover most topics are probably the cause of this slow flow.

Because we're already in the middle of the next financial problem - the markets are dropping, oil is dirt cheap, Mike Hearn says bitcoin failed...how many more financial problems do you need?
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 04:52:10 AM

There's plenty to talk about now:

** Just tonight, the FBI killed two in the rural Oregon stand-off.

** Trump/Cruz.  Hillary's lies.  Hillary's health.  <=== Will Biden jump in?  Where do they all stand re Bitcoin?

** Shanghai is down 2.8% or so as I write

** Developments in BTC hardware wallets (a topic of interest to me) come about every week now.

** Whither Europe?  <=== That's a big question.

** Whither oil?  Whither gold?  Where's my coffee? (sorry)

** WHEN (and how) will they resolve the blockchain size debate??

** Whose BTC services are any good?

I start new topics from time-to-time.  Pick something you're interested in, and that you would like to see other opinions, and fire away!  It's easy and fun!
relq

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 04:53:34 AM

Who's with me?

Then create a good topic about economics. I think people here post for signature campaign, as you can see it's hard to see new topic here. because that topic going down so fast.
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 04:58:25 AM

Maybe bitcoiners just aren't as excited about bitcoin as human nature turns it a bit sour. That's my sentiment atm.

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 05:15:28 AM

Maybe bitcoiners just aren't as excited about bitcoin as human nature turns it a bit sour. That's my sentiment atm.

Nonsense.  Every day Bitcoin survives is another day I get more excited about it.  Your sour "sentiment" is irrelevant to Honey Badger, thank God.

We don't need endless copypasta from Zerohedge duplicated here.  Just open a new tab, because it's not the same without Boris Alotovcrap (I love that guy).

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
zodiac3011

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 05:27:28 AM

There's plenty to talk about now:

** Just tonight, the FBI killed two in the rural Oregon stand-off.

** Trump/Cruz.  Hillary's lies.  Hillary's health.  <=== Will Biden jump in?  Where do they all stand re Bitcoin?

** Shanghai is down 2.8% or so as I write

** Developments in BTC hardware wallets (a topic of interest to me) come about every week now.

** Whither Europe?  <=== That's a big question.

** Whither oil?  Whither gold?  Where's my coffee? (sorry)

** WHEN (and how) will they resolve the blockchain size debate??

** Whose BTC services are any good?

I start new topics from time-to-time.  Pick something you're interested in, and that you would like to see other opinions, and fire away!  It's easy and fun!
the fact that FBI killed 2 doesn't have anything relating to the economics section at all. Maybe it's off-topic
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 03:57:19 PM

Nonsense.  Every day Bitcoin survives is another day I get more excited about it.  Your sour "sentiment" is irrelevant to Honey Badger, thank God.

We don't need endless copypasta from Zerohedge duplicated here.  Just open a new tab, because it's not the same without Boris Alotovcrap (I love that guy).

I feel you. I'm not talking about the utility of bitcoin. But all the endless fighting about block size is wasting time, resources, and slowing progress.

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
ingiltere
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 1504

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 05:35:22 PM

Bitcoin is here to stay. You can't expect crazy waves every week, when that happens people asked where's the stability. Now we have stability, people say it's boring because price is the same every day. Then don't hold it for investment purposes, go and spend your coins. There are a lot of places you can spend your coins at. Give something, take something, that's how Bitcoin economy grows.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 07:24:22 PM

Amph is right, this section would have been died, if signature campaigns would be forbidden. Most discussions got pumped by new posts which are totally senseless. New threads got immediately spammed with one or two liners. If you want to have serious discussions, you need to choose some of those Bitcoin forum alternatives which do not allow adding a signature.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 07:29:48 PM

I agree, but one thing i have noticed is if someone posts a topic anywhere near similar to a topic 2 years ago they are told that this has been said before or asked before, and so the topic drops off.  maybe we need to be abit more patient with noobs
MoneyChanger

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 07:59:34 PM

I don't see what is bad in all those posts?
l have read more craps in alts announcements..and more a scam accusations than anywhere in economics..
i'm just scare to go in announcement maybe i click on bad link with malware accidently..
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: