Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:49:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Denmark to vote on tough migrant law as Nordic refugee welcome wanes  (Read 597 times)
a7mos (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 01:35:38 PM

Denmark to vote on tough migrant law as Nordic refugee welcome wanes

The Danish parliament is set to pass measures on Tuesday to deter refugees from seeking asylum, including confiscating valuables to pay for their stay, despite protests from international human rights organizations.

The measures, which also include delaying family reunification to three years, are the latest sign that the Nordic welcome for refugees is waning as large numbers flee war in Africa and Middle East in what is becoming Europe's biggest migrant crisis in decades.

The "jewelry bill" is the latest attempt by Denmark's seven-month-old minority center-right government to curb immigration to a country that took in a record 20,000 refugees last year.

Under the bill, refugees could keep possessions amounting to 10,000 Danish crowns ($1,450), raised from 3,000 crowns after criticism from human rights organizations. Valuables of special emotional value such as wedding rings will be exempt.

The Liberals government has just 34 out of 179 seats in parliament and depends on support of rightist parties, including the anti-immigration Danish People's Party (DF), to pass laws.

The bill is likely to pass with most lawmakers from the main center-left opposition party Social Democrats expected to vote for, as Denmark's political landscape shifts to the right thanks to DF's popularity and rising concern over refugee numbers.

A poll showing 70 percent of voters see it as the most important issue, according to the daily paper Berlingske.

"I wouldn't say that I have become racist or anything," said Poul Madsen, a taxi driver, before the bill was passed. "But I may be more aware of the fact that this has some downsides and may be a potential problem for our society and our economy."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-europe-migrants-denmark-idUSKCN0V415B
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
croato

Activity: 616

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 02:00:45 PM

Europe got to protect it self. It is far better to do that by harsh immigration laws than angry mobs do it by their own. I know that Denmark move could look bit too much but it in situation like this it is fair.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 02:06:58 PM

Europe got to protect it self. It is far better to do that by harsh immigration laws than angry mobs do it by their own. I know that Denmark move could look bit too much but it in situation like this it is fair.

It's nothing like fair. It's horrible, stupid, misleading the population anger towards immigrants whereas the one and only enemy of people are the banks.

But the fact is that I don't know if this law will have any use. Not sure most migrant still have more than 1500$ after their trip...

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 02:20:25 PM

Yeah yeah, it wasn't the banks that let these criminals in, I'm all for refugees being helped, however letting pretty much anybody run over the borders? You have to be absolutely stupid to let that happen if you're running a country. You can't argue this from a humanitarian angle when a chunk of these guys are going around and assaulting women and children, not unless you're a dishonest and heartless prick. I find the way the left in particular likes to paint anybody who talks about this problem as being racist particularly disgusting because it just shows you they're trying to shut down the debate and aren't interested in looking at the problem.
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 02:29:07 PM

Yeah yeah, it wasn't the banks that let these criminals in, I'm all for refugees being helped, however letting pretty much anybody run over the borders? You have to be absolutely stupid to let that happen if you're running a country. You can't argue this from a humanitarian angle when a chunk of these guys are going around and assaulting women and children, not unless you're a dishonest and heartless prick. I find the way the left in particular likes to paint anybody who talks about this problem as being racist particularly disgusting because it just shows you they're trying to shut down the debate and aren't interested in looking at the problem.

Nothing to see which racism, all to see with intelligence and pragmatism.

You got two choices, you welcome them and try to integrate them, or you try to close your borders and forbid them to come. I'll give you a hint, only in France we've got 3 000km of borders. What do you want to do? Put soldiers everywhere to watch the borders?

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 02:50:24 PM

It's nothing like fair. It's horrible, stupid, misleading the population anger towards immigrants whereas the one and only enemy of people are the banks.

But the fact is that I don't know if this law will have any use. Not sure most migrant still have more than 1500$ after their trip...

I have to disagree. Banks are enemies indeed, but muslims are not a bit better. In fact they are worse if you ask me. A bank maybe enslave me, but never going to chop my head if I don't agree with some of their medieval corporate policies.
Muslims in Europe sooner or later will try to impose their own rules on us, and no one will defend us if not doing something on our own.

BTW this isn't about fairness, but more and more about the survival of native European people.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 03:40:51 PM

I would like to add some suggestions as well. Denmark is currently facing a labor shortage in some of the sectors, such as agriculture, mining and forestry. These new immigrants should be forced to work in these sectors, after providing them the necessary training. Any immigrant who refuse to work should be deported back to his home country.
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 04:15:42 PM

I would like to add some suggestions as well. Denmark is currently facing a labor shortage in some of the sectors, such as agriculture, mining and forestry. These new immigrants should be forced to work in these sectors, after providing them the necessary training. Any immigrant who refuse to work should be deported back to his home country.

Ouch! I can imagine what the MSM outlets would say next day. Danes would be called everything from slave drivers to nazi camp guards who are forcing these poor innocent souls to do hard labour in the frosty northern forests Smiley. The commies all across Europe and the Rothschild Group would declare war on them together (with generous Saudi "gifts" provided) Smiley.
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 04:26:44 PM

Nah, Denmark could do better by simply telling the immigrants to piss off. Might get some money off of 'em, but they'll cost the state millions anyway as the vast majority of them will end up in welfare.

Btw, the geographical position of Denmark helps the country in checking the borders; southern border with Germany is less than 100 km long, the only other 'physical' connection with another country is the Öresund Bridge to Sweden. Germany and Sweden are more popular by the welfare-seeking mass from other parts of the world, so this plays in Denmark's favour also.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 06:10:34 PM

You can't force anyone to do anything today... as soon as you force a migrant to work somewhere he doesn't want to and you deport him you'll be flagged as a xenophobist country, racist, nazi... Europe fucked up with this but I really don't care that much USA and NATO at all, caused these migrations... now deal with your shit.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 08:37:37 PM

You got two choices, you welcome them and try to integrate them, or you try to close your borders and forbid them to come. I'll give you a hint, only in France we've got 3 000km of borders. What do you want to do? Put soldiers everywhere to watch the borders?

It depends entirely on the individuals, there's no way a blanket system will work, what doesn't work though is forcing intergration or segregation either way, some people find that they naturally just prefer hanging out in familiar surroundings while others adapt more readily to other countries. Letting anybody in however especially if they are from a warzone and could potentially be criminals or terrorists is not a realistic option has has been demonstrated. One thing this whole situation in Europe is forcing politicians to admit, is that forcing this kind of mass immigration on people just doesn't fucking work, had they been let in a bit at a time and processed properly with their backgrounds checked I think there would have been a lot less chaos.
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 08:35:48 AM

It depends entirely on the individuals, there's no way a blanket system will work, what doesn't work though is forcing intergration or segregation either way, some people find that they naturally just prefer hanging out in familiar surroundings while others adapt more readily to other countries. Letting anybody in however especially if they are from a warzone and could potentially be criminals or terrorists is not a realistic option has has been demonstrated. One thing this whole situation in Europe is forcing politicians to admit, is that forcing this kind of mass immigration on people just doesn't fucking work, had they been let in a bit at a time and processed properly with their backgrounds checked I think there would have been a lot less chaos.

That's what authorities try to do. But to do that you've got to spot the refugees coming, then check them slowly. It takes lots of time and ressources and it can work only if the refugees stay where you put them. And even if, when one people is refused, what do you do? You send it home? Well it's already what we're doing. And that's why they're coming secretly and illegally. And you can't stop that :/

zenitzz

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 08:59:19 AM

The EU is ended, Every country for itself, Stand up, Europe. Fight for your lives and those of your daughters.
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 09:02:25 AM

The EU is ended, Every country for itself, Stand up, Europe. Fight for your lives and those of your daughters.

Lol. Sure. Terrorism is so horrible xD
That's the end of our civilization for sure!  Grin

Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 09:22:40 AM

Not yet, but it will end of our civilization for sure. I'm not joking. ...and zenitzz is right, we have to stand up for our values and hard won liberties, before in the name of the holy political correctness our politicians will strip our rights, liberties and ruin our culture.
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 09:55:08 AM

Not yet, but it will end of our civilization for sure. I'm not joking. ...and zenitzz is right, we have to stand up for our values and hard won liberties, before in the name of the holy political correctness our politicians will strip our rights, liberties and ruin our culture.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude...

Terrorism makes absolutely no damage. It's just the media that makes their butter with this info, and politics are too happy to have something to talk about which is not how they rape the country.

The only one enemies are the banks. Without the banks sucking our economy, we would have no unemployment and no social debt. Then we could welcome and integrate easily all those immigrants.

Instead they close factories after factories, grow bigger and bigger and so are our debts. And they point at the migrants and the few attacks as the ones responsible for how close to death our countries are. And the people actually believe them...

Ernstew

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 02:38:57 PM

There is very rich people with this so called 'refugees'. Well it's normal that they sholuld pay for their life in Denmark..Money sholud go to people in Denmark with soicial problems and not to the refugees. Danmark is very stabilished country, but if they don't have social crisis and a lot of people in need of help money should be used to make some progress for all, to be invested in school system,improve the healthcare system..and no wory those reefuges have enough money don't need help.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 03:08:03 PM

That confiscation of possessions is pretty gross in anyone's book. Everyone needs to understand that european civilisation ain't a limitless resource. It can only acccommodate so many before it pops.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: