ethOS - Ethereum Mining Platform
<< < (116/117) > >>
scryptr:
ETHOS IS BUILT ON UBUNTU 14.04--

The Linux kernel in ethOS needs to be updated in order to install a more recent AMD graphics driver.  The system was abandoned rather than upgraded to a current Linux kernel.       --scryptr

Quote from: forato on November 25, 2020, 01:16:32 PM

Quote from: miner29 on November 24, 2020, 11:32:51 PM

Quote from: forato on November 24, 2020, 10:47:23 PM

does anyone know:

1) how to see the current driver version on ETHOS 1.3.3
2) how to upgrade/downgrade the AMD drivers

Tks

Whats causing you trouble?  Ive had no real problems have had to move a few off
claymore due to not all cards firing.  Loaded up Phoenix (5.1c) works fine with my rx5xx cards andven my vegas(will be moving those to a new rig with 5700xts)....just curios. because ive not had any issues with the drivers. 

Just curious.  My plan is to keep ethos going as long as i can....its been a real workhorse.   And its all paid for.

The only problem that I found is not a problem, but a better performence using 20.3 drivers on HIVEOS against ETHOS (some cards are faster on HIVEOS - Same config)

miner29:
I thought it was 16.04...  Yikes...you are correct (well why wouldnt you be)....just checked 14.04

Either way it only works with older cards.  i run 5xx/10xx cards on my ethos rigs.  More modern cards are in mmpOS rigs as well as vegas cause i get 50+mhs on my vegas with mmpOS.  

Ill run ethos until the cards wont mine....those rigs are well roi’d.  

There was prelim support to 20xx but never worked well.  

Ethos has been as solid as one could ever hope.  And still running the most recent miners thanks to the miner-manager script.  

For the 60 licenses i own..i got my moneys worth no doubt.  

The buisness model didnt afford income over time...but did sell really well.  Probably the best eth mining system of the day.  The subscription model keep revenue rolling in so updates occur.  

Quote from: scryptr on February 03, 2021, 03:57:52 PM

ETHOS IS BUILT ON UBUNTU 14.04--

The Linux kernel in ethOS needs to be updated in order to install a more recent AMD graphics driver.  The system was abandoned rather than upgraded to a current Linux kernel.       --scryptr

Quote from: forato on November 25, 2020, 01:16:32 PM

Quote from: miner29 on November 24, 2020, 11:32:51 PM

Quote from: forato on November 24, 2020, 10:47:23 PM

does anyone know:

1) how to see the current driver version on ETHOS 1.3.3
2) how to upgrade/downgrade the AMD drivers

Tks

Whats causing you trouble?  Ive had no real problems have had to move a few off
claymore due to not all cards firing.  Loaded up Phoenix (5.1c) works fine with my rx5xx cards andven my vegas(will be moving those to a new rig with 5700xts)....just curios. because ive not had any issues with the drivers.  

Just curious.  My plan is to keep ethos going as long as i can....its been a real workhorse.   And its all paid for.

The only problem that I found is not a problem, but a better performence using 20.3 drivers on HIVEOS against ETHOS (some cards are faster on HIVEOS - Same config)

greyday:
So...is the platform dead? It hasn't been updated in close to 2.5 years...
miner29:
Still run almost 30 rigs in ethos.  It still works great for what it works with.  For newest series cards ... it doesnt have support.  What was great (and bad for ethos) was the pay once use forever on that rig model.  Certainly got my moneys woth over last 5+ years of running it.  Super solid.  But for new rigs i run mmpOS..
caffinated:
Quote from: miner29 on February 16, 2021, 02:02:18 PM

Still run almost 30 rigs in ethos.  It still works great for what it works with.  For newest series cards ... it doesnt have support.  What was great (and bad for ethos) was the pay once use forever on that rig model.  Certainly got my moneys woth over last 5+ years of running it.  Super solid.  But for new rigs i run mmpOS..

Hi what about the miners updates which seems to add performance when updated, how do u handle that?
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page